ADVERTISEMENT

Area Awards

camper21502

Blue Chip Poster
Sep 21, 2012
Who are the winner's and why??? Does anyone know all the categories for award consideration??

Coach of Year: Hansel (Alco)
POY: Robinette (Alco)
OFFENSE: Banks (FH)
DEFENSE: Hamilton (FH)
the other player that could sneak in here would be Poling from FH

Reactions: 5punisher3
COY-Appel-tough choice but hard not to go that route unless it is voter fatigue

POY-Robinette-the numbers will be hard to overlook, he'd win POY and OPOY in my book if he could

OPOY- not sure about this one. Ours? I don't know. I watch mostly FH and no one stands out as having a OPOY type season then again last years awards were crazy. If I had put money on it or had a gun to my head I'd say Banks will win it after seeing how last years awards were.

DPOY-Poling-the most decorated player in FH history adds another to his trophy case. The red side of town will miss this young man. Amazing 6 year run in red counting the Patriots.

BEST LINEMAN-Hamilton-not classified as a lineman on offense but thats what he does. Glorified lineman and his defensive play speaks for itself. In this one mans opinion the best football player in the area but cant go wrong with Robinette, Ours or Poling either.

Last edited:
COY- Appel ( Hansel can't lose to him twice and win)
POY- Robinette
OFFENSE- Banks
DEFENSE- Hamilton and Poling

Completely agree with COY pick here. Hansel has done a great job so far in 1.5 years and I've thought for 3 years he was the guy we needed for the job, but can't justify him winning it over Todd when Todd beat him twice again this year.

I'd also bee a fan of giving it to the Southern coach because of the turnaround he's led up there which is very impressive.

COY- Appel ( Hansel can't lose to him twice and win)
POY- Robinette
OFFENSE- Banks
DEFENSE- Hamilton and Poling

I don't get your COY qualifier. Coach of the year should go to the guy who did the most with the least talent. Not saying that's Hansel, but if head to head wins are what counts, shouldn't Biser have won it twice when Keyser beat Fort Hill?

Hansel talked about his kids like they were world beaters and the got throttled by CR and FH. FH don’t get their ass handed to them by anyone. Appel COY

Give all the awards to Allegany so they will shut the hell up. Records and stats don't matter, it is who can talk the best game

Hansel talked about his kids like they were world beaters and the got throttled by CR and FH. FH don’t get their ass handed to them by anyone. Appel COY
Appel cried about who he had to play and threw Helmick under the bus for the schedule. One of his own players sold out the entire team. If by COY you mean Crier of the Year, then yes, its Appel.

Appel cried about who he had to play and threw Helmick under the bus for the schedule. One of his own players sold out the entire team. If by COY you mean Crier of the Year, then yes, its Appel.

This is the kind of stuff I used to hear at Kammaufs back in the day. Lucky for the clientele, Gary himself would wave the BS flag and call the perpetrator out. On both sides of town, there was some respect for each school not currently in evidence from some on this board.

This is the kind of stuff I used to hear at Kammaufs back in the day. Lucky for the clientele, Gary himself would wave the BS flag and call the perpetrator out. On both sides of town, there was some respect for each school not currently in evidence from some on this board.

True

So a fort hill player didn't give a game plan to the opposition, and Appel didn't cry on the radio about the schedule (though a dozen people on here heard him do so)? I guess I have to call you out on your BS.

OPY- Robinette over 2,000 yds rushing 33 TDs,
DPY- Robinette lead area in sacks and tackles for losses
POY Robinette He's number#1 in the Area in Rushing, Scoring,TFL,Sacks You won't find a more complete football player. He even kicked off a few times and half of them went out of the end zone.. He could be a contender in every category but seriously here's my picks..
COY- Southern coach- He did a great job with what he was working with..
POY- Robinette and its not even close, just look at the numbers..
OPY- Robinette/Banks
DPY- L.Hamilton/B.Poling it's just way too close to give it to one guy..
Lineman- ?? Way too many options here...
There should be a kicker or special teams POY so King could get recognition for the great yr. he had... I also feel bad for E.Llewellyn who offensively is in or near the top 5 in nearly every statistic.. B.Ours is another great athlete that will get snubbed..

OPY- Robinette over 2,000 yds rushing 33 TDs,
DPY- Robinette lead area in sacks and tackles for losses
POY Robinette He's number#1 in the Area in Rushing, Scoring,TFL,Sacks You won't find a more complete football player. He even kicked off a few times and half of them went out of the end zone.. He could be a contender in every category but seriously here's my picks..
COY- Southern coach- He did a great job with what he was working with..
POY- Robinette and its not even close, just look at the numbers..
OPY- Robinette/Banks
DPY- L.Hamilton/B.Poling it's just way too close to give it to one guy..
Lineman- ?? Way too many options here...
There should be a kicker or special teams POY so King could get recognition for the great yr. he had... I also feel bad for E.Llewellyn who offensively is in or near the top 5 in nearly every statistic.. B.Ours is another great athlete that will get snubbed..

Ours will likely play D1 ball somewhere, too. Has a preferred walk on offer in Morgantown, but I'd like to see him get a full ride somewhere. I don't work in the industry, but I think he's a kid that once you get him in, redshirt him and put him through the program for a year, you've got a solid special teams and defensive player. Could transition to WR also.. but he's a good DB already.

Doesn't FH have one or two kids going D1 also? I know the LB y'all have has had a hell of a 4 year career. Would like to see him play college ball too

Could Hamilton really be eligible for lineman of the yr? I know they used him alot as a lead blocker but does it count as a lineman? I wouldn't be surprised seeing as how lineman receive little to no credit..

Reactions: 5punisher3
Want to stress this coming from an armchair coach who follows Red and Blue local football, and in no way shape or form am I shunning any other teams. Once again "IMO"
COY; Hansel / Appel
CoPOY; Robinette(watch films, def and off) CoPOY; Hamilton(watch films, def and off)
OffPOY: Poling/ Llewellyn/ Ours
DefPOY; Shared between FH's Def. Line(#23,#9,#58,#4)
Lineman; Aint gonna lie, that's a hard one to pick for me. Hats off to all those young men in the trenches making the RB's & QB's on offense look good and making the LB's & DE's look good on defense, the truth is, if it wasn't for these O & D linemen not one of them would have the stats they have , nor would they be in the spotlight!
Guess it's a good thing I don't have a vote, just thought I'd give my 2 cents worth! If I can vote on something, can we have Hartley's pizza and wings at that fancy dinner? Just saying........

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
I don't get your COY qualifier. Coach of the year should go to the guy who did the most with the least talent. Not saying that's Hansel, but if head to head wins are what counts, shouldn't Biser have won it twice when Keyser beat Fort Hill?
I agree with OneRing.. that being said, Nazelrod should win COY hands down for leading Southern from "life support" to the playoffs in a little over 3 years. I mean he was fortunate to have that nice junior class along with him for the ride but give him credit for not pulling many of those kids as freshman up to varsity his first year to silence the critics during a 1-9 season. He had a plan and stuck too it, says a lot about the man.

I agree with OneRing.. that being said, Nazelrod should win COY hands down for leading Southern from "life support" to the playoffs in a little over 3 years. I mean he was fortunate to have that nice junior class along with him for the ride but give him credit for not pulling many of those kids as freshman up to varsity his first year to silence the critics during a 1-9 season. He had a plan and stuck too it, says a lot about the man.
I couldn't argue with the Nazelrod choice. Yes, that one class is good, but he's done a hello of a job with that program.

Reactions: ConeyIsland
Yep he's my choice too but I doubt they give it to anybody other than a Cumberland Coach... Hope I'm wrong..

COY-Appel-tough choice but hard not to go that route unless it is voter fatigue

POY-Robinette-the numbers will be hard to overlook, he'd win POY and OPOY in my book if he could

OPOY- not sure about this one. Ours? I don't know. I watch mostly FH and no one stands out as having a OPOY type season then again last years awards were crazy. If I had put money on it or had a gun to my head I'd say Banks will win it after seeing how last years awards were.

DPOY-Poling-the most decorated player in FH history adds another to his trophy case. The red side of town will miss this young man. Amazing 6 year run in red counting the Patriots.

BEST LINEMAN-Hamilton-not classified as a lineman on offense but thats what he does. Glorified lineman and his defensive play speaks for itself. In this one mans opinion the best football player in the area but cant go wrong with Robinette, Ours or Poling either.

I agree with this except Nazelrod over Appel for COY. Just for the voter fatigue reason you noted. The Times-News will figure out some way to award Banks, Poling and Hamilton. Ours may get Best Lineman and Poling and Hamilton could be Co-DPOY.

the Dapper Dan awards are in 2 weeks. Are they going to wait til the week of to name the award winners?

Banks is OPOY. That must mean Robinette is POY or knowing the Times-News it will be some kind of Co-POY stuff.

Congrats and awesome for Banks, but if he was more valuable to Fort Hills offense then Robinette was to Alleganys offense........WOW!!!! SMH

There are 3 players left to share the other 2 big awards. Robinette, Hamilton and Poling. Maybe throw Ours in the mix. I smell co-player coming at one of the spots.

Lineman will def go to one of the FH big boys and it's not even close the way they dominated.

Coach will be Appel or Nazelrod. If one is honest with themselves Coach Appel probably did more coaching with this group than he did the previous four years. Lost a ton of players including the entire OL and DBs along with a great QB and had no speed guy. Everyone tried to claim how FH wouldn't be the same. He beats Southern and Alco with a running clock. To me Appel deserves that award yet again. You don't give that award to some other coach because you're tired of him winning it. That cheapens the award.

Reactions: BoyznBlue
There are 3 players left to share the other 2 big awards. Robinette, Hamilton and Poling. Maybe throw Ours in the mix. I smell co-player coming at one of the spots.

Lineman will def go to one of the FH big boys and it's not even close the way they dominated.

Coach will be Appel or Nazelrod. If one is honest with themselves Coach Appel probably did more coaching with this group than he did the previous four years. Lost a ton of players including the entire OL and DBs along with a great QB and had no speed guy. Everyone tried to claim how FH wouldn't be the same. He beats Southern and Alco with a running clock. To me Appel deserves that award yet again. You don't give that award to some other coach because you're tired of him winning it. That cheapens the award.

You're really exaggerating what FH lost: "ton of players" lol - he returned the OPOY and both DPOY's. I agree Appel should get COY. No denying getting FH back to the title game deserves to be awarded.

You're really exaggerating what FH lost: "ton of players" lol - he returned the OPOY and both DPOY's. I agree Appel should get COY. No denying getting FH back to the title game deserves to be awarded.

I never said FH did not have some talent coming back. They had to replace the entire OL from tackle to tackle other than Logsdon. Lost the entire secondary, a 2 year starter at QB who was probably the best on the Hill in a long time, a D1 POY, the sack leader and area lineman of the year and a 3 year starting 240 lb kid at FB. They lost a great deal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT