ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone know any 2020 Football Schedules Yet

I believe there is a new league formed that now has Southern, Northern, Mt Ridge, Alco and Fort Hill all playing each other. I also believe that Northern opens with Fort Hill next year and Southern opens with Mt Ridge.

I know that Mountain Ridge didn't renew the University contract, which was the only slot not filled for next year. They were hoping to get Southern in that slot.

Problem is, that is the same week that Southern plays Fort Hill. I know that Fort Hill has a lot more flexibility with their schedule than Mountain Ridge does. I believe that Southern also has a bit more flexibility than Mountain Ridge, as well. I could see the Fort Hill/Mountain Ridge game being moved to Week #6 starting next year. That would free up a potential Mountain Ridge/Southern match-up in Week #1. That would also mean that Fort Hill and Southern would have to have a common date open that they could move their game to next year.

Another possibility would be Southern/Mountain Ridge in Week #6 and the Southern/Fort Hill game being moved to a different week. I'm not sure the the current contract situation between Southern and their Week #1 opponent from this year Smithsburg.

I believe there is a new league formed that now has Southern, Northern, Mt Ridge, Alco and Fort Hill all playing each other. I also believe that Northern opens with Fort Hill next year and Southern opens with Mt Ridge.
Have you heard that the Southern/Fort Hill game will be moving as well?

There is no way to post schedules at this time. Teams in Allegany and Garrett County are trying to shuffle some things so everybody can play each other.

I can say that Hedgesville has informed FH that they don't want to return the game next fall and honor the 2nd year of the two year contract. The problem with that is not so much about losing a game for the kids as it is about finances. FH paid their own way to Hedgesville and stuck a real nice crowd in the gate. Hoping they will at least "buy out" the contract. You are more a WVSSAC guy Ed. I wonder if they will force the issue because the PIAA won't do anything with out of state agreements.

It's frustrating as this would be the 3rd time in 6 years that a team FH traveled to and played on their own dime didn't return the contracted game. Clearfield PA did it in 2015, North Hagerstown in 2014 (although the MPSSAA forced them to honor the contract a year later at the dismay of the Hubs AD), and now Hedgesville. If FH pulled out of the Cathedral Prep game in Erie this year they would never hear the end of it. But I'm used to the double standard.

FH now digging for 3 games, could wind up being 4 games. There is no 1A or 2A school interested in any state unless it's private school state champion types. So FH is back to loading up with state champions or Silver Oaks with no in between. It is what it is. I don't care about gate anymore personally. That's a thing of the past in Cumberland.

FH now digging for 3 games, could wind up being 4 games. There is no 1A or 2A school interested in any state unless it's private school state champion types. So FH is back to loading up with state champions or Silver Oaks with no in between. It is what it is. I don't care about gate anymore personally. That's a thing of the past in Cumberland.

Too bad the new Boonesboro coach won't step up to the plate.....and how about Catoctin trying to make it two in a row? A shame really.

Reactions: Neutral Observer
Just a question, no 1A or 2A school will play FH?

Just a question, no 1A or 2A school will play FH?

Let us not forget, this was created by locking up the local schools. It has nothing to do with the 'nobody will play me' attitude so easily troweled out around here. FH... always a victim.

Let us not forget, this was created by locking up the local schools. It has nothing to do with the 'nobody will play me' attitude so easily troweled out around here. FH... always a victim.
Helmick clearly stated that no 1A or 2A school with those open dates were interested. Not just in general

I will repeat again...no 1A or 2A school in Maryland or WV wants to play FH. We have asked all of them. Whether that makes FH a victim or not doesn't take away from the fact no 1A or 2A school in Maryland or WV wants to play FH. Make up your own ideas as to the reason why, but as has been stated before...if FH started putting up 1-8 or 2-7 type seasons those same teams all would be open to playing.

Then again we have some people here who have publicly stated Alco should drop FH. Clueless.

There is no way to post schedules at this time. Teams in Allegany and Garrett County are trying to shuffle some things so everybody can play each other.

I can say that Hedgesville has informed FH that they don't want to return the game next fall and honor the 2nd year of the two year contract. The problem with that is not so much about losing a game for the kids as it is about finances. FH paid their own way to Hedgesville and stuck a real nice crowd in the gate. Hoping they will at least "buy out" the contract. You are more a WVSSAC guy Ed. I wonder if they will force the issue because the PIAA won't do anything with out of state agreements.

It's frustrating as this would be the 3rd time in 6 years that a team FH traveled to and played on their own dime didn't return the contracted game. Clearfield PA did it in 2015, North Hagerstown in 2014 (although the MPSSAA forced them to honor the contract a year later at the dismay of the Hubs AD), and now Hedgesville. If FH pulled out of the Cathedral Prep game in Erie this year they would never hear the end of it. But I'm used to the double standard.
Is there any type of penalty written into the contract for breaking it? Apparently there is no set penalty by the MPSSAA, so it would most likely come down to the wording of the contract. That being said, you break a contract, there should be a penalty.

On a side, I think why you aren't hearing much about Hagerstown, Clearfield and Hedgesville doing this is because the teams aren't local. There was (and still is sometimes) plenty of talk when Keyser dropped FH. If it would have been in the middle of a contract, it would have been worse.

Reactions: BIGREDFAN08
None that have a Week 2, Week 5 or Week 8 open.

I would keep an eye out for what FCPS does with TJ. If TJ is allowed to go independent (which I personally believe is the best option for the program), that would open up a week for nearly all FCPS schools. Assuming everyone stays in their same week from last year, that would put open dates for Tuscarora (Week 2), Brunswick (Week 5) and Catoctin (Week 8).

I would keep an eye out for what FCPS does with TJ. If TJ is allowed to go independent (which I personally believe is the best option for the program), that would open up a week for nearly all FCPS schools. Assuming everyone stays in their same week from last year, that would put open dates for Tuscarora (Week 2), Brunswick (Week 5) and Catoctin (Week 8).

IF that would happen, that would be great if FH could pick up those three. Would bring back fan interest I would think.

Hopefully they learn from HoCo's mistake with bringing Centennial back to play a full county schedule in 2018. 0-10 and didn't score a point all season. Winless and scoreless isn't a great way to rebuild a program. This year playing mostly out of county games they were much more competitive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT