ADVERTISEMENT

allegany

cumbfanatic

Franchise Poster
Sep 13, 2009
A week ago Junior Isiah Fields ran for 236 yards and 4 touchdowns so this week they don’t give him the ball in the first qtr.? They decide not to use one of their better athletes

Reactions: ravemwp and Tony54
Isiah had zero carries in the first half, probably Alleganys best athlete. No it would not have mattered, just doesn’t make sense. Allegany having their rb so deep doesn’t make sense either to fit what they need to do

Reactions: ravemwp
Doesn’t matter who they played, you don’t give your best athlete the ball?? Brett Patterson only got 1 run at the very end. Nothing they did made sense. This Allegany program is in terrible shape and embarrassing how they use the players.

Last edited:
I couldn't be there tonight, but got continuous updates. Sounded like Allegany scrapped everything that worked offensively for them two weeks ago.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
I couldn't be there tonight, but got continuous updates. Sounded like Allegany scrapped everything that worked offensively for them two weeks ago.
No, they did the same things. FHs defense was suffocating. They made an adjustment that Allegany couldn't deal with. There was no where to run, it just wasn't working bc of the defensive adjustment FH made. And I'll tell you this, if they play like that they will be very very hard to beat.

No, they did the same things. FHs defense was suffocating. They made an adjustment that Allegany couldn't deal with. There was no where to run, it just wasn't working bc of the defensive adjustment FH made. And I'll tell you this, if they play like that they will be very very hard to beat.
FH defense had all 11 players within 5 yds of the line of scrimmage. Until the final drive against FH back-ups, Alco had just 5 yards of total offense. Very dominating effort.

FH defense had all 11 players within 5 yds of the line of scrimmage. Until the final drive against FH back-ups, Alco had just 5 yards of total offense. Very dominating effort.
Against what some call the #3 team in 1A...🤷‍♂️

It does when one of them can beat the vast majority of the schools in the state.

A lot of injured of key players hurt Alco badly. When the QB returned he was rusty and, more importantly, hesitant to make plays. And let's face it. The Alco coaching staff didn't have faith in the young man to run/pass the plays need to keep FH on their heels. It felt like Alco almost gave up after the kickoff return by #5. I wish them good luck preparing for next year. Hopefully, they'll finally start firing on all cylinders.

FH looked good, really good. It still makes me nervous they can't/won't throw the ball on screens and quick slants. They could be nearly unstoppable if they could do this. I think running #5 in the wildcat was brilliant. It looked from the one pass the kid can throw. I say let him. MR, along with the next two playoff teams, will have trouble with him taking the snaps. Especially if he is a true threat to throw the ball.

A lot of injured of key players hurt Alco badly. When the QB returned he was rusty and, more importantly, hesitant to make plays. And let's face it. The Alco coaching staff didn't have faith in the young man to run/pass the plays need to keep FH on their heels. It felt like Alco almost gave up after the kickoff return by #5. I wish them good luck preparing for next year. Hopefully, they'll finally start firing on all cylinders.

FH looked good, really good. It still makes me nervous they can't/won't throw the ball on screens and quick slants. They could be nearly unstoppable if they could do this. I think running #5 in the wildcat was brilliant. It looked from the one pass the kid can throw. I say let him. MR, along with the next two playoff teams, will have trouble with him taking the snaps. Especially if he is a true threat to throw the ball.
It's very hard to pinpoint if this Alco staff has the ability to be anything more than third best in the area. People rode Preaskorn hard for everything..yet he beat FH and won a state title. Hansel has done neither, and on the one hand you hear what an incredible job he's done with the program but then you read things about not using your best athlete, not throwing to uncovered receivers, players giving up after the opening kickoff and you have to wonder. I say keep the status quo.
As for FH was this a case of FH not holding back anymore or truly coming to a realization they are not unbeatable and have to show up.

It's very hard to pinpoint if this Alco staff has the ability to be anything more than third best in the area. People rode Preaskorn hard for everything..yet he beat FH and won a state title. Hansel has done neither, and on the one hand you hear what an incredible job he's done with the program but then you read things about not using your best athlete, not throwing to uncovered receivers, players giving up after the opening kickoff and you have to wonder. I say keep the status quo.
As for FH was this a case of FH not holding back anymore or truly coming to a realization they are not unbeatable and have to show up.

I agree with you a lot. It seems to me that Alco has a coaching problem among assistants more than the head coach. But even if I'm right about that, it's still the head coach's fault because he's ultimately the one responsible. I've thought for a while now that our assistants were nowhere near the quality that they need to be, that they've been in the past, or anywhere near up to par with other teams, mostly FH and now Ridge.

I also noted a couple times just in the past week or two that I really liked the offseason addition of new assistants Aaron Kline, Jeff Link and also recently just learned that JD Hook has been helping as well. I'm not sure if Aaron Kline played in college or not, but I think we all know Jeff Link did (had pro looks as well) and JD played also, but I'm not sure where. On the flip, just because you played in college doesn't automatically mean you're a great football coach, but I'd be very surprised if any/all of those 3 additions weren't positive for our program.

I think Hansel has some decisions to make about his staff in the offseason, who's value add and who isn't. Not easy calls to make.

Looking forward to seeing how FH plays the rest of the way, and Ridge as well.

Reactions: ravemwp
I agree with you a lot. It seems to me that Alco has a coaching problem among assistants more than the head coach. But even if I'm right about that, it's still the head coach's fault because he's ultimately the one responsible. I've thought for a while now that our assistants were nowhere near the quality that they need to be, that they've been in the past, or anywhere near up to par with other teams, mostly FH and now Ridge.

I also noted a couple times just in the past week or two that I really liked the offseason addition of new assistants Aaron Kline, Jeff Link and also recently just learned that JD Hook has been helping as well. I'm not sure if Aaron Kline played in college or not, but I think we all know Jeff Link did (had pro looks as well) and JD played also, but I'm not sure where. On the flip, just because you played in college doesn't automatically mean you're a great football coach, but I'd be very surprised if any/all of those 3 additions weren't positive for our program.

I think Hansel has some decisions to make about his staff in the offseason, who's value add and who isn't. Not easy calls to make.

Looking forward to seeing how FH plays the rest of the way, and Ridge as well.
One last thought, if Homecoming had been 48 - 0 would there have been the same love for Hansel that he got by losing 21 - 7. Would anybody have said he has the program going in the right direction. Do you think there would be the same amount of "they really fought hard, they were undermanned but showed a lot of heart, they could beat fort hill in two weeks"...
I think the same alco team showed up saturday night that showed up two weeks ago, it just wasn't the same FH team.

One last thought, if Homecoming had been 48 - 0 would there have been the same love for Hansel that he got by losing 21 - 7. Would anybody have said he has the program going in the right direction. Do you think there would be the same amount of "they really fought hard, they were undermanned but showed a lot of heart, they could beat fort hill in two weeks"...
I think the same alco team showed up saturday night that showed up two weeks ago, it just wasn't the same FH team.
That was Fort Hill's 18th win in a row over Allegany. Which is insane to a degree. The 48-0 score now holds the dubious record of the largest margin of victory since these two teams started playing 90 years ago.

At some point one has to believe Alco will win one of these tussles. You cannot win forever as we finally saw with Mtn Ridge this year. Although far too many Big Red fans believe the sky is falling when it finally happens.

The issues at both FH and Allegany are similar, just different sports. Success breeds success and failure breeds failure. Winning cycles create interest and participation and support. Losing cycles the opposite. It's the only thing that can put a rivalry spin on why FH dominates in football while Alco dominates in basketball/baseball. The enrollments are almost identical.

I agree that it wasn't the same FH team that showed up for round 2 - FH was different in 2 ways: they had a very good game plan, and their kids really showed up to play.

I disagree that the same Alco team showed up. First, their game plan looked different, and second, they absolutely lost the line of scrimmage battle and the momentum battle both from the start. Couldn't run the ball, couldn't stop the run, and couldn't make a play the entire night. Plus their fundamentals killed them with fumbles, etc.

And no, if Alco got hammered in Homecoming the way we did last weekend, I doubt people would be giving Hansel any love. I don't work in football, but my outside guess aside from the talent gap is that the assistant coaches Alco has are not as good and/or aligned as FH has.

Reactions: Tony54 and ravemwp
100 percent agree

Reactions: Tony54
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT