ADVERTISEMENT

Alco

I was not at the game. Were you? What were your thoughts?

Last edited:
We'll certainly know more about them after Friday night when Chestnut Ridge come to town. Will be a good early gauge on just how good they are.

8-1 or 7-2 going into homecoming. Possible losses to keyser and chestnut ridge.

I agree Chestnut Ridge will be a good gauge. This Allegany team needs time and will definitely get much better as the season progresses. At the end of the year they will be much different.

As I mentioned in another thread, the size of their line (if the listing on MaxPreps is accurate) is quite small for an Alco line. Chestnut Ridge was scrappy last year but the Campers pushed them around. For sure, Allegany has some talent, but you have to move the other guy off the ball and you can't survive tackling 5 yards down the field. Southern is lucky to field a team and I don't think Allegany ran much inside on them.

Does anyone have total yards of Southern game? I think Southern had around 48 yards and Alco around 495 yards.....

Does anyone have total yards of Southern game? I think Southern had around 48 yards and Alco around 495 yards.....

I used to get stats from Jailerman's site. Now, I can't find squat from the online Times-News. It is as though Alco has disappeared. I think Milburn - if memory servers - may have had half of those yards running outside.

Chestnut Ridge is not very good this year, had a few kids quit. I'm in that area about 3 days a week and friends there say they are down. They did beat Musselman last week but so does everybody else

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT