ADVERTISEMENT

Alco Vs Keyser

bleedred

Franchise Poster
Oct 16, 2001
What should we expect?

Not trying to get alot started but this should be the game of the week in this area and we've heard next to nothing.

It is definately the game of the week in this area and I expect it will be a very competitive game. As is the case in most big games like this it could very well come down to who makes the fewest mistakes and can stay within themselves. Keyser and Allegany both had off games last week so I expect they will be fired-up and ready to play. I am looking for a Keyser win for sure but know that it should be very entertaining game. Good Luck to all the players and lets have a safe and injury free contest. GO! KEYSER!

I think that the big thing to watch for this game is how well the Allegany offense executes against the Keyser defense. The Fort Hill/Keyser game was very offensive. Not much defense played. The Allegany defense looked good in 2 of their 3 games so far. And even though Mountain Ridge only scored 14 they were pretty even with Allegany in total yardage. I will very interested in seeing how this game plays out.

Im hoping the Campers can pull off the win but this Keyser team scares me... I can see us getting outcoached once again and if that happens Keyser will win by 2 or 3 TDS... I would like to see Alco use Northerns game plan and control the time of poss. keep the ball outta Keysers hands.. Allegany is gonna need to show up fired up for this one. I think this game will tell us alot about this years Camper team. Contender or Pretender???
Alco 27 Keyser 21 If we get Korned... Alco 21 Keyser 42

Allegany will have to effectively use a passing game to open up the Keyser D. And they will need to score first. If Alco wins they will have to score 35 or more points. I don't foresee Alco's line stopping the Keyser Oline from gaining an edge, so they are going to have to hope for a shootout. And they will have to hold onto the ball.

I originally felt Allegany would be able to win this one before last weeks games. But I'm concerned by the Alco MR result, moreso than the Keyser Northern result. Northern always seems to play the Tornado tough. But Alco should have made much quicker work out of MR.

I'll give Keyser a -11 advantage for this game. I still think it will be a good game for the most part.

I predict Allegany will bring little to no fans and no band as always despite being 20 minutes away. Whine and cheese crowd on that side of town.

MR scored off a turnover deep in Alco territory and got their yardage and only other score on a 99 yard pass play. Alco is for real Keyser is young.
Allegany 31
Keyser 27

Allegany will use a lot of kids on the line on both sides of the ball keeping them fresh and should not get wore out. Maybe the big ones from Keyser may get tired. Haven't seen FH play yet this year but do they rotate a lot of different kids in on the line.

This game could go either way. If Allegany can keep the offense on the field and get the passing game going I'd say Alco 31-21. If they miss tackles and don't contain keyser's big back could be a long ride home from Keyser 42-21. Bottom line is which Camper team will show up? Only time will tell. Let's Go Alco

Reactions: Lagmeister
Thanks for the input guys. Nice to see some thoughts on Alco on this board again. Good Luck tonight!!

Fortunately, I didn't get any stadium pizza to choke on last Friday as the Campers almost Kornfiscated defeat from the jaws of victory - what a Kornflatulency of errors akin to having watched Bill Buckner tank 5 easy ground balls to lose 5 World Series games instead of just one. (Did I count how many penalties Allegany got in a row - like 5 - and then the ball was hiked into the shoulder pads of the running back in motion.) Allegany against MR was just short of a debacle.

Okay, I get it. FH gave up 48 pts to Keyser and then Red was the beneficiary of CR collapsing in their own territory . And last but not least, Keyser stumbles by Northern. What this all means is tossing out the window the ability to gather information from common opponents.

So, let's just look at last year between Keyser and Alco: Allegany held Keyser to 7 points until the 4th quarter. Neither team played all that well, but Alco kept a slim lead for much of the game. Allegany returns most of last year's starters but does not have Kirk Robinette to knock down Cody Rodeheaver.

I ain't picking against Allegany. What the hell, Alco 21 Keyser 20 as they miss the 2 pt conversion going for the win with seconds left in the 4th quarter.

Reactions: CamperGrad1999
I will set the pick at Keyser -6 based on home field advantage. But I can see this game going lots of different ways. The least amount of mistakes will likely be the key for the winning team.

I predicted earlier Keyser by at least 21.... Looks like I'm going to be correct... THUS FAR

Keyser is up 14-0 2nd Q

Keyser up 22-0.... Should truly be 43-0 if not for 3 missed opportunities inside of Alco's 10.

Help me understand where is this power house we were supposed to see from Alco this year?!

FH wins homecoming by 21+

I'm just shocked... I expected this to be a less than amazing year from FH, and Alco was getting themselves another state title... What a difference a few weeks make.

FH's new rival... Keyser. Frankly... I don't want to see FH play Keyser again. It's unnecessary, and don't want to see it. Keyser is a bigger school, that had a deep bench. The risk of players getting hurt isn't worth it

The talent is there. Just no talent from the coaching staff. Preskorn again OUTCOACHED

Well, after watching Alco's predictable offense and lax passing defense against MR, I just knew bad things were going happen. Even the radio commentary tonight was relating how surprised they were that Allegany had no complexity to what they were doing. On top of that, Allegany was confused defending against the Wing T. This Alco team is not as good as last year basis their game plan and execution.

With Robinette out for who knows how long, the rest of the year could get nasty.

How can they be confused defending the Wing T, they've seen that offense their entire lives!

Was anybody at the FH game? My TL is blowing up talking about someone was flying a confederate flag at the game.

How can they be confused defending the Wing T, they've seen that offense their entire lives!

Was anybody at the FH game? My TL is blowing up talking about someone was flying a confederate flag at the game.

Only relating what they were commenting about on the radio.

I saw no confederate flag at the FH game. I did however enjoy watching the entire SO and FH squads coming together at center stadium post game for a kneel down/prayer and get together for about 5 minutes. Good stuff. Good sportsmanship.

As for the Alco/Keyser score...Im sorry but you dont lose 42-0 just on bad coaching. But I'll withhold much commentary as I didnt watch it.

Mm ! I at least thought Alco would score 14 because of their great passing game !

I didn't see any confederate flags. If there was they would have been removed by police.

Keyser had 521 yards of offense to 123 for Alco. Imes 3 ints. Ours picked 2 of them off. The score of this game could have easily been much worse. Alco has no defense at all.

The truth is Keyser is just better than Allegany. They manhandeled them tonight. However FHHSASH hit it on the head, 42-0 is not all coaching. Kids are put out there to do a job and when you don't block you can't run the football. It's not like the Allegany staff is out there trying to loose a game

Against my better judgement I went to the Allegany-Keyser game tonight. Very disappointed in Big Blue in many ways. Obviously their staff is rightfully on the hot seat. Way too conservative early. Everyone can see the issues with the staff and point the finger but I am going to address what many Alco fans don't want to admit.

Their fan base. Where is the support for the kids? Very disappointing. So many Alco "diehards" want to laugh and find fault with the FH faithful for their "homerism" or whatever is the thing they think can ruffle FH's faithful's feathers today (one person with a confederate flag is the issue tonight) but where is the support for your own kids and program? They have become so worried about what FH is doing they've turned their backs on their own kids. I was thinking all about this on the drive home then I get home and most of the Alco faithful I've read comments from on here or on Facebook didn't even make the trip to Tornado Alley. It's sad. I am sure FH will have more people drive to Baltimore on a weekday night next week than Alco had go to Keyser tonight. They were a 3-0 team, people!!! There are more reasons than just the coaching staffs why things have been so different between FH and Alco the last few years and the support is one of them. You want to turn this thing around? Start by getting off the couch and worrying about your program not if the FH fans are "quiet" after a loss to Keyser 2 weeks ago so you can gloat over something someone else did. And guess what? Homecoming is going to be no different this year than it has been the last handful of years. The Alco side being the quiet one and with 1/4 of the support red has. So sad the Alco die hards have died so easily.

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
I will simply go on record and say "Keyser is the real deal" My first time watching them play this year and they have a swarming, hard-hitting defense and several quality running backs and the quarterback plays like a senior and is only a tenth grader. they have a pretty good kicker and I had heard that throwing the ball was a weakness but not in my book after watching Brady Ours. Their pass defense is a little suspect, however they picked off I believe 4 passes. This may be the best all-around team for many, many years. That being said I know that WVA Double AA goes through Bridgeport and that game is also looming on the schedule at their yard. There is alot of football to play yet but as I stated I believe they are very good this year.

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
There was a confederate blanket hanging over the fence I saw a picture and heard about it. The blanket remained and was not taken down or removed. My pick is Keyser by 50. Haha

Against my better judgement I went to the Allegany-Keyser game tonight. Very disappointed in Big Blue in many ways. Obviously their staff is rightfully on the hot seat. Way too conservative early. Everyone can see the issues with the staff and point the finger but I am going to address what many Alco fans don't want to admit.

Their fan base. Where is the support for the kids? Very disappointing. So many Alco "diehards" want to laugh and find fault with the FH faithful for their "homerism" or whatever is the thing they think can ruffle FH's faithful's feathers today (one person with a confederate flag is the issue tonight) but where is the support for your own kids and program? They have become so worried about what FH is doing they've turned their backs on their own kids. I was thinking all about this on the drive home then I get home and most of the Alco faithful I've read comments from on here or on Facebook didn't even make the trip to Tornado Alley. It's sad. I am sure FH will have more people drive to Baltimore on a weekday night next week than Alco had go to Keyser tonight. They were a 3-0 team, people!!! There are more reasons than just the coaching staffs why things have been so different between FH and Alco the last few years and the support is one of them. You want to turn this thing around? Start by getting off the couch and worrying about your program not if the FH fans are "quiet" after a loss to Keyser 2 weeks ago so you can gloat over something someone else did. And guess what? Homecoming is going to be no different this year than it has been the last handful of years. The Alco side being the quiet one and with 1/4 of the support red has. So sad the Alco die hards have died so easily.

The coaches set up the playbook but they don't block and tackle and neither do the fans. Alco was going to lose this game because they didn't match up with Keyser. No doubt the coaches knew that. So, they ran vanilla plays to keep the penalties down; thereby the loss would be less directed toward them. However, it is quite possible that the game would have been more competitive if the staff have given their team a chance to win. Preaskorn ran it like a scrimmage against a better team and that is how it turned out.

As a coach would you have thought you had no chance where a week earlier Northern hung with the big dogs? I don't know. I still like FH's chances with Keyser. But that chapter is closed. I don't see how you don't go into a game and not give your team every chance to win.

As a coach would you have thought you had no chance where a week earlier Northern hung with the big dogs? I don't know. I still like FH's chances with Keyser. But that chapter is closed. I don't see how you don't go into a game and not give your team every chance to win.

I am sure by now you have read the new long post in this forum. For me it adds a new dimension. I have always blamed the preparation and game plan on Korn. I had come to believe somewhat that maybe the Alco kids were over matched. Now maybe I am back more to my old solid Can the Korn. Unless the team pulls a revolt - quite unlikely - we are going to see this tragedy play its way out. Hopefully, Allegany will not have to play FH twice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT