ADVERTISEMENT

ALCO QB hurt.

Argox66

All State Poster
Oct 30, 2017
Cameron Bratton took a tough spill. Hope he isn't hurt too badly. On the sidelines now being looked at.

ALCO 2nd string QB now down. 1st string QB Bratton on the sideline on crutches.

Bratton an ankle injury.. cbc says probably done for year... Not sure about Bauer (QB2) . QB3 Miller in.

prayers each for each and any other player that was hurt. I think 72 came off with an hand issue late.

From my sources, Alco has no QB to start next week. Look for an underclassman to come up.

Best wishes to the injured Alco players. I hope none of their injuries are serious or long-term.

Lot's of ferocious (legal) hitting going on during the game today.

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
The injury that really stings me is Allegany QB #15. Not so much a football thing but he already signed to play college baseball. Best of luck CB, get better soon. Your whole life is in front of you.

P.S. Try to sign with the Pirates, we need help !

I don’t like discussing kid injuries but all of them get my prayers and best wishes to a speedy recovery. I don’t like seeing kids hurt. Sure they may be wearing blue but they are our home town boys. Sometimes people forget the family is truly bigger than just red or blue.

Last edited:
Glad to hear it wasn’t significant. Hopefully an adult helps him make the best decision. Emotions and outside influences can easily sway a young mans decision.

The ankle injury was not as serious as first thought. Having already signed a baseball scholarship he should be done with football. He is also a good basketball player and it's basketball season over here

I would hope so. He is a hell of a basketball and baseball player. If he's my son no way he steps back on the football field.

Alco not throwing against Boonsboro tells me they weren't preparing todays QB to play past today. I could be wrong, it just makes no sense not to give that young man some throws with a lead today. They can't win next week being one dimensional.

Alco coaches not so bright. Whether Bratton can return next week is irrelevant. They have to prepare the QB in the game today to possibly throw the football. I could have understood if the game was close but when Alco is up by 28 points with the starters in and your not going to attempt a single pass the Alco coaches have lost it.

Why are the Alco starters in today during the 4th quarter? You could hear their own fans screaming to get another tired #95 out of the game. I don get it at FH or Alco when it comes to having starters in late with a running clock..

They left 95 in to make sure he got the TD and points record. Pending how next week goes, it was probably the safest bet to get it done today. Right wrong or indifferent, that's why he was still in so late.

CBC pregame show says other wise. Bratton said that his ankle is still swollen and until the swelling goes down he’s not going to be able to play.

I heard it also but I don't believe it. Alco feeding false info to throw off FH. I will give Alco coaching staff enough credit that they are smart enough to know if today's QB is playing next week they would've had him throw today.

I heard it also but I don't believe it. Alco feeding false info to throw off FH. I will give Alco coaching staff enough credit that they are smart enough to know if today's QB is playing next week they would've had him throw today.

Huh? So you are saying don't let the new QB throw a single pass in a blow out game because we are hoping the injured guy is good for 4 quarters next week? I would think a coach wants to prepare the new QB no matter what happens with the injured QB. Horrible coaching.

I agree the 3rd string QB should have thrown a few passes but what if he gets hurt? Then you would be throwing a freshman QB out there next week.. It wouldn't be fair to the team or the freshman player so I can see why they were cautious...

Reactions: OneRing
I didn' see him on the sideline. Unless he changed jersey numbers. He may well play next week and hope he does. But no way was he playing today. Nice try though.

I'm sure coach appel will prepare for all possibilities.
I really don't don't see Todd preparing his team any differently regardless of who is playing and who isn't.

Talk about misinforming injury updates. MCC holds the record for that. "Our starting QB has a broken hand and has screws in it. He will not play against Fort Hill". This came from the QB's grand pap during the MCC dinner at FH the day before the game.

IMO, waiting to see if Bratton would play was a HUGE disservice to the team by the coaches. You have a senior back up QB who had, essentially, 2 weeks practice and live game test to get ready for a FH rematch. The week after HC, leading up to Boonsboro he could have practiced full playbook. Thrown some passes in the Boonsboro game when it was well out of hand, and then the week leading up to the FH game to work out any bugs.

But instead, Alco focused on getting the record for the RB. Even late in the game. Running the ball instead of attempting even ONE pass. Instead of prepping for the impending rematch. Hell even FH worked alot on their passing game this past weekend.

I see nothing changing at all for this next game results.

IMO, waiting to see if Bratton would play was a HUGE disservice to the team by the coaches. You have a senior back up QB who had, essentially, 2 weeks practice and live game test to get ready for a FH rematch. The week after HC, leading up to Boonsboro he could have practiced full playbook. Thrown some passes in the Boonsboro game when it was well out of hand, and then the week leading up to the FH game to work out any bugs.

But instead, Alco focused on getting the record for the RB. Even late in the game. Running the ball instead of attempting even ONE pass. Instead of prepping for the impending rematch. Hell even FH worked alot on their passing game this past weekend.

I see nothing changing at all for this next game results.
It is possible they didn't want to show fh anything. Maybe the coaches felt they needed to keep everything under wraps and surprise fh with something they haven't seen?
Regardless of who starts the passing game is not their bread and butter. I think they should try something different but if they go to the pass more I wouldn't be surprised if fh just starts blitzing on every down, and another qb goes down.

What really is it that Alco could throw at Fort Hill that they haven’t seen already this year from the teams they have played? Maybe the HB Pass which Alco is known to attempt in big games.

Last edited:
"Surprise FH?", with what? That's like saying FH's gonna surprise ALCO by sending #4 in motion and one of the running backs behind him will have the ball. Not trying to be smart, just saying this deep in the season aint gonna be to many surprises, if ALCO's receivers can continue to get behind FH's def backs and someone can get the ball there, might see a closer score. (Hopefully I didn't let the cat out of the bag!) Looking for an injury free night on both sides of the ball.

"Surprise FH?", with what? That's like saying FH's gonna surprise ALCO by sending #4 in motion and one of the running backs behind him will have the ball. Not trying to be smart, just saying this deep in the season aint gonna be to many surprises, if ALCO's receivers can continue to get behind FH's def backs and someone can get the ball there, might see a closer score. (Hopefully I didn't let the cat out of the bag!) Looking for an injury free night on both sides of the ball.
I was responding to somebody saying they should have let their backup throw a lot more to get ready for fh. It sounded like he hasn't had much playing time. If that is the case then fh would not know what to expect from him and it might be a strategy to not show what he's got until game time. Every qb is going to have different strengths and weaknesses. If you don't see them until game time you'd be at a disadvantage.
Again, I don't see many allegany games so maybe he's played a good bit and fh would already know him, but since the original post was about getting somebody ready I was assuming he hasn't played much.

Reactions: towpath94
How much of a difference would a backup QB really make? Especially against FH get real ppl.. If he got hurt throwing a pass they would have to call up a freshman to face FH lol..

Last edited:
21502 asked "How much of a difference would a backup QB really make?". This is what I was leaning towards, thank you 21502.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT