ADVERTISEMENT

Alco playing sloppy football

camper21502

Blue Chip Poster
Sep 21, 2012
Campers are up 7-0 but they have fumbled 3 times already. This last fumble was a muffed punt recovered by silver oak. They are deep in Camper territory...

this weather has to make it tough. I am sure Keyser is having issues with Hampshire for the same reason.

Can't believe the starters were still in at the end of third qtr......

Ugh no. Backfield were subs. In fact the Llewellyn (sic?) kid up from JV played quite a bit I think. There were changes on the line. New quarterback and the rest of subs 4th qtr.

Starters played 1st series of the 3rd on defense then most went out.. In fact the 2 kids that got called up from the JV played good when the starters went out.. Llewellyn had 2 ints and a rushing td. Preaskorn had couple tackles and a fumble recovery...

Reactions: towpath94
Starters were not respsonsible for a single yard of offense in the entire second half.

Starters were not respsonsible for a single yard of offense in the entire second half.

So, tell me again when all the subs were run in by FH against the no-first-down CR team? There seemed to be a 6 on the board but it was a left sided digit wasn't it.

I watched both the Alco/FH commercial vids against SO. I can confidently comment on Allegany. The mercy clock is running in the 3rd quarter and Alco is working in a new dynamic running back up from JV by the name of Llewellyn. (If not running with the ball he should be at WR all the time.) Allegany took one running clock drive down the field in the 3rd with Llewellyn and then wholesale changes. So, big freakin' deal.

Also, having watched both game vids some additional points can be made. First of all, it is apparent that FH is a larger team overall than Alco but both teams moved the ball similarly well against SO - although Allegany did it in a huge driving rain storm with some nice passes added in. Allegany scored earlier than FH. In fact, FH got stopped by SO and only aided by a timely 5 yd penalty did FH score as early as they did.

Speaking of timely penalties, SO had two touchdowns called back in the second half. Perhaps that is why there is motivation to remind everybody when the subs were run in. I have been Allegany's biggest critic in this forum. So, I feel the point about partial subs or all subs is pretty petty, quite frankly.

Lags, after watching both games, all I saw were a few good throws by Carson Imes and a ton of bad plays by Silver Oak. This young FH team is at least threeTDs better than Allegany - even without Smith. Of course, with a nine-game schedule and an all-but-guaranteed loss to Sherando, who knows how well FH will recover from the beating Sherando is likely to give them.

And, yes, Rodeheaver is the difference between a great Keyser and a bad Keyser. I can't for the life of me understand how anyone that say that boy play can call him anything but a superior, star athlete.

Lags, after watching both games, all I saw were a few good throws by Carson Imes and a ton of bad plays by Silver Oak. This young FH team is at least threeTDs better than Allegany - even without Smith. Of course, with a nine-game schedule and an all-but-guaranteed loss to Sherando, who knows how well FH will recover from the beating Sherando is likely to give them.

And, yes, Rodeheaver is the difference between a great Keyser and a bad Keyser. I can't for the life of me understand how anyone that say that boy play can call him anything but a superior, star athlete.

Three touchdowns better? Whatever. I was only making comments on exactly what I saw about both games. Did I error in my descriptions? This lack of a Curley game is really a blessing to FH. Plenty of rest for all and no contact. It sets Red up for a championship run. I will say that Alco plays FH tougher than they play anybody else. Last year is a perfect example.

Last edited:

Can't fall asleep on South Hagerstown. They gave Linganore all they wanted until Linganore pulled away late.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT