ADVERTISEMENT

ALCO does well in scrimmage with S. Hag

Jailerman

All State Poster
Feb 26, 2005
LaVale, MD
www.leaguelineup.com
The Campers and Rebels squared off at South High in a scrimmage Friday night.

The usual first contact jitters and mental errors that are to be expected. Both teams ran 10 offensive plays scoring or not. Both teams didn't do much until the third set of downs. Alco ran the ball well with some big gains. Defense was really stout and did a good job...you can read and see all about it at; www.eteamz.com/bigbluereview.

The Campers and Rebels squared off at South High in a scrimmage Friday night.

The usual first contact jitters and mental errors that are to be expected. Both teams ran 10 offensive plays scoring or not. Both teams didn't do much until the third set of downs. Alco ran the ball well with some big gains. Defense was really stout and did a good job...you can read and see all about it at; www.eteamz.com/bigbluereview.

Love you coming into the forum with this news and a link. Of course, I have always been a weekly visitor to your page when the season starts. Once again.... great pics.... great stuff. Thank you.

Alco had 26 kids in uniform. Hope they stay healthy this year.

I have 30 listed on the Big Blue Review. Realistically, every 1A team can ill afford any key player loss - even FH that will have a lot more kids suit up. I mean, FH could have 100 in uniform and it wouldn't matter if they cannot find several fast and hard-nose hitters for their secondary - or a quality quarterback who can pass, which Alco may have two this year. We will see.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
I have 30 listed on the Big Blue Review. Realistically, every 1A team can ill afford any key player loss - even FH that will have a lot more kids suit up. I mean, FH could have 100 in uniform and it wouldn't matter if they cannot find several fast and hard-nose hitters for their secondary - or a quality quarterback who can pass, which Alco may have two this year. We will see.
ouch, really early to start throwing that kinda shade isn't it?

ouch, really early to start throwing that kinda shade isn't it?

Ugh... perhaps you missed the "if" in my comments. Perhaps you missed the post regarding Alco not having a freshman team. Perhaps you didn't get the 'jist' of the above post that Alco only scrimmaged with 25.

My comment is not tossing 'shade' as you say. It is a follow up to what I have been posting for a while now.

Ugh... perhaps you missed the "if" in my comments. Perhaps you missed the post regarding Alco not having a freshman team. Perhaps you didn't get the 'jist' of the above post that Alco only scrimmaged with 25.

My comment is not tossing 'shade' as you say. It is a follow up to what I have been posting for a while now.
perhaps you could calm down...why so defensive? you are comparing a quad to a scrimmage and worrying about what fh might not have, that is not exactly a compliment. putting an "if" in front of something doesn't change the fact you said fh doesn't have a secondary or a qb.
i didn't miss any ifs or jists or posts. if you don't like somebody thinking you are being a little negative towards fh then be more careful how you say it. it's a long season, it is way too early to be worried about fh not having what alco has.

Last edited:
perhaps you could calm down...why so defensive? you are comparing a quad to a scrimmage and worrying about what fh might not have, that is not exactly a compliment. putting an "if" in front of something doesn't change the fact you said fh doesn't have a secondary or a qb.
i didn't miss any ifs or jists or posts. if you don't like somebody thinking you are being a little negative towards fh then be more careful how you say it. it's a long season, it is way too early to be worried about fh not having what alco has.

Maybe you need to let the consecutive FH championships wash over you. Take a little bath in that fact and balance it against your desire to be the forum Antifa.

I am not the one who needs to calm down.... Hell, I am a voice crying in the wilderness around here - pretty much the single counterpoint to the 'Wha' bout dat runnin' clock' crowd.

Feel free to hang around a little longer and get the real skinny on this forum. I take my shots at Allegany and offer what little opposition there is to all the FH tub thumping this place endures.

Maybe you need to let the consecutive FH championships wash over you. Take a little bath in that fact and balance it against your desire to be the forum Antifa.

I am not the one who needs to calm down.... Hell, I am a voice crying in the wilderness around here - pretty much the single counterpoint to the 'Wha' bout dat runnin' clock' crowd.

Feel free to hang around a little longer and get the real skinny on this forum. I take my shots at Allegany and offer what little opposition there is to all the FH tub thumping this place endures.
reaching much? don't cry, it'll all work out for you, hang in there. you won't find me tub thumping, never have, never will. i'll try and calm down, thanks for the help.

reaching much? don't cry, it'll all work out for you, hang in there. you won't find me tub thumping, never have, never will. i'll try and calm down, thanks for the help.

Back to topic: FH secondary and a quarterback that is familiar with the forward pass. Comment there or go back to your safe space.

Back to topic: FH secondary and a quarterback that is familiar with the forward pass. Comment there or go back to your safe space.
wow, so bossy and pushy. i'll comment on what i want, if you don't like it take a nap,
i'm sure coach appel, his staff, the dbs, and qb are all on notice that you do not think they are where they need to be. we got it,

I wouldn't be so fast to say ALCO has this or that. I really don't know what jailer is talking about ,I guess he's the ALCO Hype man lol. I was down S.Hagerstown and I will tell you we have just as much to work on if not more than FH . Honestly with ALCO having so many starters back I thought they would be a lot sharper not only that SH pulled number 30 after a few series and he didn't play much D. I also know from watching many quads that FH doesn't go out with the intentions of winning a scrimmage. Let's just say it's way to early to say a team doesn't have a secondary or a QB. For anyone to say that after a so called backup QB surprised the hell out of us last year in the playoffs has a short term memory. At this point I will say my only hope is both teams stay healthy and let's focus on Dunbar.

I wouldn't be so fast to say ALCO has this or that. I really don't know what jailer is talking about ,I guess he's the ALCO Hype man lol. I was down S.Hagerstown and I will tell you we have just as much to work on if not more than FH . Honestly with ALCO having so many starters back I thought they would be a lot sharper not only that SH pulled number 30 after a few series and he didn't play much D. I also know from watching many quads that FH doesn't go out with the intentions of winning a scrimmage. Let's just say it's way to early to say a team doesn't have a secondary or a QB. For anyone to say that after a so called backup QB surprised the hell out of us last year in the playoffs has a short term memory. At this point I will say my only hope is both teams stay healthy and let's focus on Dunbar.
excellent post!

wow, so bossy and pushy. i'll comment on what i want, if you don't like it take a nap,
i'm sure coach appel, his staff, the dbs, and qb are all on notice that you do not think they are where they need to be. we got it,

Oh please. You're the "perhaps you could calm down" guy. You can't even remember what you posted minutes after you posted it.

Look, if it takes days for the FH fan base to comment then they are concerned. For those of you just finding this forum, then welcome aboard.

The defensiveness for me suggesting an"if" about the FH secondary speed if palpable. I remember year after year the long term FH posters here kept saying how 'slow' Allegany was, despite Alco negating most of FH's speed at homecoming.

It's all good and funny. Jailer couldn't match up the numbers at the scrimmage. It's quite possible that Alco put a lot of sophs in the backfield to give them some reps. On top of that, Jailer is an honest man. If he said it was a good scrimmage. It was. I will take his word over any anonymous hack.

Look, if it takes days for the FH fan base to comment then they are concerned. For those of you just finding this forum, then welcome aboard.

The defensiveness for me suggesting an"if" about the FH secondary speed if palpable. I remember year after year the long term FH posters here kept saying how 'slow' Allegany was, despite Alco negating most of FH's speed at homecoming.

It's all good and funny. Jailer couldn't match up the numbers at the scrimmage. It's quite possible that Alco put a lot of sophs in the backfield to give them some reps. On top of that, Jailer is an honest man. If he said it was a good scrimmage. It was. I will take his word over any anonymous hack.
Anonymus hack ? And what are you? Just another ALCO fan giving good ALCO fans a bad name. Know this ALCO and FH has nothing to brag about its early. Jailers perspective on the SH scrimmage is all Hype ...so live in your fantasy , and good luck with that

Anonymus hack ? And what are you? Just another ALCO fan giving good ALCO fans a bad name. Know this ALCO and FH has nothing to brag about its early. Jailers perspective on the SH scrimmage is all Hype ...so live in your fantasy , and good luck with that

Well... then... there... now... 3 post anonymous hack. Get some street cred. The worst red jersey, blue hair I met at the stadium has been more substantial than you. When you take on Jailer you take on Cumberland.

Besides, I am generally the only Alco fan regularly posting here. Since you were born here today you missed last year's early game predictions where I picked the best spread on FH's wins. Obviously, you hadn't taken a breadth of air yet to know I consistently post that I would like FH to gain another championship this year... just lose homecoming.

No. You wouldn't know any of this because you are either ignorant (lacking the facts) or stupid (not understanding the facts).

And Lag I was very aware of this forum .Now that my son is playing Varsity I thought I would chime in ,but I'm not gonna throw out a post and eat my words. like I said I call it how I see it and if you don't like it that's fine. My son has been playing against this same bunch of kids from FH for years and many of them are his friends ,sorry not every ALCO fan is as negative as you towards FH , I will say one kid that plays at FH hangs out with my son all the time and he wasn't in the secondary at all at the quad and in my opinion he is the best DB on the team .I know this kid just had a surgery but it was nothing to keep him from playing because he was on offense as to why he didn't play D I don't know the answer. When I watched FH against NP doesn't say anything except NP is very good it doesn't scream FH needs a QB and a secondary, LOL I thought looking at the number of post you have made you might know just a little about football,but after reading some of your previous post I figured it out .. Your just one of those ALCO fans parents can't stand.. HAVE GOOD ONE , GO BLUE

Last edited:
And Lag I was very aware of this forum .Now that my son is playing Varsity I thought I would chime in ,but I'm not gonna throw out a post and eat my words. like I said I call it how I see it and if you don't like it that's fine. My son has been playing against this same bunch of kids from FH for years and many of them are his friends ,sorry not every ALCO fan is as negative as you towards FH , I will say one kid that plays at FH hangs out with my son all the time and he wasn't in the secondary at all at the quad and in my opinion he is the best DB on the team .I know this kid just had a surgery but it was nothing to keep him from playing because he was on offense as to why he didn't play D I don't know the answer. When I watched FH against NP doesn't say anything except NP is very good it doesn't scream FH needs a QB and a secondary, LOL I thought looking at the number of post you have made you might know just a little about football,but after reading some of your previous post I figured it out .. Your just one of those ALCO fans parents can't stand.. basically your a A$$HOLE.. HAVE GOOD ONE , GO BLUE

You appear to have issues far beyond a football forum.

I raised two sons, both are VMI grads with outstanding careers. I never went on a forum and involved myself in their activities.

Well... then... there... now... 3 post anonymous hack. Get some street cred. The worst red jersey, blue hair I met at the stadium has been more substantial than you. When you take on Jailer you take on Cumberland.

Besides, I am generally the only Alco fan regularly posting here. Since you were born here today you missed last year's early game predictions where I picked the best spread on FH's wins. Obviously, you hadn't taken a breadth of air yet to know I consistently post that I would like FH to gain another championship this year... just lose homecoming.

No. You wouldn't know any of this because you are either ignorant (lacking the facts) or stupid (not understanding the facts).
Don't try to pin jailer against me ,your trying to gather the troops ,it won't work, jailer does a lot for ALCO football it's great to have him back ,nobody does it better, I just see the SH scrimmage differently , but jailer isn't gonna come out and say anything negative about ALCO of course he's gonna focus on the positives why would he do anything other? My point was and post was it was very early both teams have a lot of work that needs done don't hate on me because I'm new to the forum and really street cred ? LMAO grow up Lag
You appear to have issues far beyond a football forum.

I raised two sons, both are VMI grads with outstanding careers. I never went on a forum and involved myself in their activities.
good for you and your sons so now your still living in the past and I got issues ? your just a pissy old man

Well it was fun Lags , I won't live life on a forum to talk shit on HS kids HS coaches like you , but you bet your ass I'll stop in just to say hello to you.

Can't we all just get along, lol. Come on guys, all of you, we're only one scrimmage in, save it for later.

When I was torching trolls or bashing Korn nobody had an issue - but point out the obvious on FH and panties get in such a wad some folks can't walk. There is no later. What do you mean later. There is no later in football forums.... like, you know, no crying in baseball... no later in forums.

If any folks are in an emotional maelstrom, it is those who already see the 'five-peat' begin to evaporate. Even the early scheduled bum-of-the-month-club (as they used to say in boxing) might not save Big Red this year.

at least you are consistent with your posts - delusional, delirious, and rude...issues.

How about obstinate and refractory instead of some alliteration from a twenties toe-tapper. As a low post troll you need to up your game.... or just up yours.

Not sure what to make of a person who runs his mouth (or keyboard as the case may be) after getting beaten 10 times in a row. Love is blind I guess.

But I love that Lag is on here supporting Alco. At least somebody does.

or a quality quarterback who can pass, which Alco may have two this year. We will see.

Not from the footage I've seen. In 2 games against FH last season the Alco QB threw more interceptions than completions. It was gawd ugly. The FH pass rush will be just as devastating.

Lol. Than Fort Hill. Allegany has a coach that is building a program and this year a stacked team.

yeah you are going to have to come with reasons you feel that way to back that up not just some fluff. Based on past history of the actual kids on this years varsity teams through the last 6 years there's really nothing to support that claim.

Don't get me wrong I think both teams are VERY talented and I think Hansel is doing a wonderful job but that sounds like a boastful parent talking. We will found out who is better in a 3 week span in November. I just think Alco had a ton of catching up to do no matter how amazing of an off-season they had, it's not like the FH kids sat on their hands. For everything Alco did this offseason or is building. Most of these FH kids and coaches have been there, done that.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Allegany has been FH and Appel's punching bag * for 10 years, I don't expect a change this year. I had an Alco coach tell me "yeah we are hitting the weight room harder than FH this year!! Yeah we got a new coaching staff that's gonna beat FH!! Yeah. Yeah. Yeah!! My first thought was "that is so cute he thinks that Alco is out working and will out prepare FH!" 1 season of hitting the weight room "like FH" does not make players conditioned. Just a reminder FH kids have been training just as hard since they were in elementary school. This is a way of life for them, not a new concept. You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.

Reactions: Fort Hill
You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. - You see, I make a couple comments about FH and the true nature of the FH fans around here comes out. You are contemptuous to sink to this pathetic level describing any high school football team. You're a real POS.

Not from the footage I've seen. In 2 games against FH last season the Alco QB threw more interceptions than completions. It was gawd ugly. The FH pass rush will be just as devastating.

You're worthless. The only thing 'gawg ugly' around here is you. Allegany plays FH tougher than any other team in the state.

Frankly, I expect you to disappear toward the end of this season as Big Red struggles against the only real competition they scheduled.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT