ADVERTISEMENT

A "new" way to see some local sports....

Redwhite90

Varsity Poster
Oct 17, 2017
I know that it has been streaming some events for a while now, but just found out that many local schools are broadcasting their home sporting events via nfhsnetwork. I know that Southern is broadcasting home basketball and I believe also wrestling matches. I saw Northern is set up for the same. I think there is a monthly charge but really about the price of 2 tickets and while I'd rather everyone support their local teams and athletic departments , sometimes location and work schedules don't allow. I have no skin in the game, just passing along some info .

I have used this to watch Linganore compete in the state finals for soccer and some other sports in the past. It cost me $10 to stream the game which is exactly what I would have paid to see it in person, minus the travel costs! The quality of the streaming is usually very good as well. I believe you can either pay by the event or get a monthly or yearly subscription. Not only can you watch games in MD, but you can also watch games from all over the country in pretty much every sport. I agree with you that its great to go out and support the kids in person, but if your other commitments dont allow it or if you just want to watch teams from all over MD or the country, this is a great option.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT