ADVERTISEMENT

1A State SemiFinals

Both games running clock.

I think we'll see that CSD is a better version of HDG, but not enough to not keep the clock from running. One of the Vikings losses was to a 4-6 team. Right now they are saying high around 50 with occasional showers. Rinse and repeat.

One of Perryville's losses was to Havre de Grace, though that was one of the games HDG had to forfeit.

Cambridge won in the playoffs by
51 to 0
51 to 6
46 to 8
They have to be very good. I could not find any film on them. Only a couple huddle clips

This Fort Hill team has a little bit of nastiness that you usually do not see. Plus they are extremely talented.. I can’t wait to see this one

Cambridge won in the playoffs by
51 to 0
51 to 6
46 to 8
They have to be very good. I could not find any film on them. Only a couple huddle clips

This Fort Hill team has a little bit of nastiness that you usually do not see. Plus they are extremely talented.. I can’t wait to see this one

The first two playoff wins for CSD were over teams they had beaten in the regular season by similar scores. Those two teams were a combined 2-18.

Reactions: Dwj21
FH 49- 12

CSD seems like they’ll be the most athletic team FH will face this playoff run but they haven’t faced a defense like FH from the few clips that are out there. CSD seems to throw 50/50 balls like HDG did but will have more athletic receivers but a worse QB. Once again the defensive line will feast and the offense will have their way.

it’s hard to pick against ridge but their not a good team and have seemed to get worse the last couple weeks.
Perryville 35-24

Perryville has a good running back and the QB spreads it around. They seem to run a very similar offense to ridge. Ridge seems to be unraveling with the penalties, turnovers in key spots, and the inability to put teams away

1 team on Cambridge schedule ended with a winning record and they lost to them 28-14. Cambridge did not beat a team that ended with a winning record all year unless I’m missing something.

it’s hard to pick against ridge but their not a good team and have seemed to get worse the last couple weeks.
Perryville 35-24

Perryville has a good running back and the QB spreads it around. They seem to run a very similar offense to ridge. Ridge seems to be unraveling with the penalties, turnovers in key spots, and the inability to put teams away
Wow. I didn’t see that coming, but your picks have been spot on

While I agree that Ridge has not been playing at the level they seemed to earlier in the season, they are still a very good team. And barring injuries or anything to which I'm not privy, I think they are 3 TDs better than Perryville.

I'm not aware of any Gabe Sherrod-like sleepers on this Perryville team, their strength of schedule is pretty weak. They are who we think they are.

I think Ridge could've beat them by 5 TDs earlier in the season. But I'm still leaning heavy on the Miners over the Panthers 34-14.

Of note on the CSD head coach....we have seen him before.

Toby Peer, who played college ball at Shepherd (West Virginia) University, was head coach at South Hagerstown for eight years, where he compiled a 57-25 record. He stepped down after the 2017 season to become the school’s athletic director, a position he held for three years before making the move to Cambridge.

Of note on the CSD head coach....we have seen him before.

Toby Peer, who played college ball at Shepherd (West Virginia) University, was head coach at South Hagerstown for eight years, where he compiled a 57-25 record. He stepped down after the 2017 season to become the school’s athletic director, a position he held for three years before making the move to Cambridge.
Didn’t he apply for the FH job?

Mountain Ridge should be able to win by 14 to 21 points. However, if the Miners' play like they have in the past two weeks, it will be a much tighter game.

I saw a video on the Delmarva news someone posted he says his dad lives right across the river in WV about 3-4 miles from Fort Hill

I’m not sure what the score will be, but I do believe this will be Fort Hills toughest game by far in the playoffs. They look to have some big kids and athletes. They may be able to slow Fort Hill down a little.

Mountain Ridge always has a great game plan against us, but this team can mix things up and throw the ball so it looks like a running clock in the final

FH 31 Cambridge S-D 0 2nd Q 4:28
MR 20 Perryville 0 2nd Q 7:42
Yikes it seems as if the Opponents get worse each week in this playoff system

I give Cambridge some props for scoring 20 points in the last 3 1/2 minutes against the subs. Good effort.

Reactions: Tony54
Why MR won’t win:

1. FH is better on both sides of the ball. Especially up front.

2. FH knows they will win… they believe it. MR does not believe they can win. It’s in their head. You’ve heard the saying “those that believe they can and those that believe they can’t are usually both right”.

3. The game is being played at FH stadium East. It’s home field advantage. FH is 5-1 in Annapolis.

Early prediction FH 44 MR 21

Both the MR and FH games ended up closer than I thought they would be. But, both were solid wins.

A lot of close games around the state last night. S Decatur ended up pulling an upset of sorts and defeated Milford Mill. They will be playing for a State Championship.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT