ADVERTISEMENT

“Martinsburg plays cupcakes”

Fort Hill has proven that they do not want to play any teams that can possibly beat them. The difference between me as a Fort Hill fan and you as a Martinsburg fan is you are in complete denial. Maybe coach apple doesn’t really feel that his team is very good. I would also have to say the same thing for the Martinsburg coach or he would play a team that has a higher ranking than them.
No sir I’m not in denial at all I understand and agree that martinsburg would run away from a good team which sucks to see as a martinsburg fan but that’s their prerogative. My issue is seeing a team that won’t schedule martinsburg talk about Martinsburgs schedule or seeing martinsburg won’t play someone as good or better than them it’s the pot calling the kettle black. When I see a martinsburg fan saying a team that would crush them has a bad schedule I’ll address them the same way.

No sir I’m not in denial at all I understand and agree that martinsburg would run away from a good team which sucks to see as a martinsburg fan but that’s their prerogative. My issue is seeing a team that won’t schedule martinsburg talk about Martinsburgs schedule or seeing martinsburg won’t play someone as good or better than them it’s the pot calling the kettle black. When I see a martinsburg fan saying a team that would crush them has a bad schedule I’ll address them the same way.

Hahaha, you're preaching to the FH choir about schedule bashing? There are posters that have spent a quarter of their life here crying about the FH schedule and the fact they play Class 1A schools like everyone else. Many of them fans of schools who wouldn't play FH if God himself proclaimed they should. Many of them are WV schools too and many of those are in Berkeley/Jefferson County. Be thankful those schools are at least required to play Daburg.

I see FH people be critical of the Martinsburg schedule. But those same people dog FH much the same. Just read this thread.

FH is not at the pinnacle of success in MD as far as classification. They win a majority of the state games they play...in 1A, but NOT against schools with 1300 or more enrollment. They'd probably struggle to even win a game in MD 4A post-season. They aren't even the biggest school in Allegany County anymore. Now before anyone jumps on me about enrollment, I get it, just having a large or small enrollment is not in and of itself an indication of skill. There are schools with 1800 kids who would match up evenly with some of the smallest 1A schools in the state, and probably even be underdogs.

But in this case, the point I'm making is Martinsburg is at the tip top in their entire state, cream of the crop. There's no higher class. And while an occasional AA state champ might give them a half a game, it probably wouldn't even be close. Martinsburg is freakishly good, impressive. I think FH could always stand to up their schedule, but in the end, they are still a school with 600 and some kids, and a finite number of options to be realistic when talking about upgrades.

Saying the perrenial #1 school in the state of WV's biggest class could stand to show a little more chutzpah against some like caliber teams, is not the same as FH not playing Martinsburg. It just doesnt compute. FH is not in Martinsburg's league, it's like ragging on Frostburg State for not scheduling Alabama. Now if FH fans start dogging small WV or MD schools for their schedule, then they need to shut up, I agree.

Reactions: BoyznBlue
Hahaha, you're preaching to the FH choir about schedule bashing? There are posters that have spent a quarter of their life here crying about the FH schedule and the fact they play Class 1A schools like everyone else. Many of them fans of schools who wouldn't play FH if God himself proclaimed they should. Many of them are WV schools too and many of those are in Berkeley/Jefferson County. Be thankful those schools are at least required to play Daburg.

I see FH people be critical of the Martinsburg schedule. But those same people dog FH much the same. Just read this thread.
I get what you’re saying but I don’t see any martinsburg fans bashing FH schedule. Lol

FH is not at the pinnacle of success in MD as far as classification. They win a majority of the state games they play...in 1A, but NOT against schools with 1300 or more enrollment. They'd probably struggle to even win a game in MD 4A post-season. They aren't even the biggest school in Allegany County anymore. Now before anyone jumps on me about enrollment, I get it, just having a large or small enrollment is not in and of itself an indication of skill. There are schools with 1800 kids who would match up evenly with some of the smallest 1A schools in the state, and probably even be underdogs.

But in this case, the point I'm making is Martinsburg is at the tip top in their entire state, cream of the crop. There's no higher class. And while an occasional AA state champ might give them a half a game, it probably wouldn't even be close. Martinsburg is freakishly good, impressive. I think FH could always stand to up their schedule, but in the end, they are still a school with 600 and some kids, and a finite number of options to be realistic when talking about upgrades.

Saying the perrenial #1 school in the state of WV's biggest class could stand to show a little more chutzpah against some like caliber teams, is not the same as FH not playing Martinsburg. It just doesnt compute. FH is not in Martinsburg's league, it's like ragging on Frostburg State for not scheduling Alabama. Now if FH fans start dogging small WV or MD schools for their schedule, then they need to shut up, I agree.
I get what you’re saying but honestly it’s all up to the coaches I’m speaking from a players perspective I know the players would love to up the schedule cause I know and talked to a lot of them personally.

I Agree that Fort Hill is not even close to Martinsburg‘s class but how can you say that Martinsburg is freakishly good. Who have they beaten? You could easily say that Sherando is the best team on their schedule. Big deal Fort Hill beat them to. You never know how good someone is until they play a good team and martinsburg plays nobody

I Agree that Fort Hill is not even close to Martinsburg‘s class but how can you say that Martinsburg is freakishly good. Who have they beaten? You could easily say that Sherando is the best team on their schedule. Big deal Fort Hill beat them to. You never know how good someone is until they play a good team and martinsburg plays nobody

8 championships in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019. Martinsburg holds West Virginia's record of most consecutive high school AAA Football Championships of all time. Martinsburg also holds the record for the longest winning streak in state history, which began on October 26, 2016 and currently stands at 56 games.
They Have Clearly Beaten Every Team in the WV AAA Playoffs 8 of the past 10 years.
They Have Been The Best Team Overall in The State for 10 Years.
over the last 10 years they have beaten out of State Teams
H.D. Woodson DC, State College PA, Sherando VA, Salem VA, Tuscarora VA, Loundon Valley VA, Academy Park PA, Patrick Henry VA, Handley VA, Dover DE, Stonewall Jackson, VA, Potomac Falls VA, Governor Thomas Johnson MD, Briar Woods VA, Park View VA and Fort Hill MD

I'm not sure who people want them to play? They are in the largest class in WV and they are better than every team in the state public or private, They beat teams from PA, MD & VA all the time.
I don't see a Maryland public School playing with them and so I guess this means that because they are so good they should schedule Private Schools from MD and DC????

8 championships in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019. Martinsburg holds West Virginia's record of most consecutive high school AAA Football Championships of all time. Martinsburg also holds the record for the longest winning streak in state history, which began on October 26, 2016 and currently stands at 56 games.
They Have Clearly Beaten Every Team in the WV AAA Playoffs 8 of the past 10 years.
They Have Been The Best Team Overall in The State for 10 Years.
over the last 10 years they have beaten out of State Teams
H.D. Woodson DC, State College PA, Sherando VA, Salem VA, Tuscarora VA, Loundon Valley VA, Academy Park PA, Patrick Henry VA, Handley VA, Dover DE, Stonewall Jackson, VA, Potomac Falls VA, Governor Thomas Johnson MD, Briar Woods VA, Park View VA and Fort Hill MD

I'm not sure who people want them to play? They are in the largest class in WV and they are better than every team in the state public or private, They beat teams from PA, MD & VA all the time.
I don't see a Maryland public School playing with them and so I guess this means that because they are so good they should schedule Private Schools from MD and DC????
With a new coach it will be interesting to see if that kind of success continues. I'm thinking there'll be some fall off this year. As for md public schools i don't believe they would beat Damascus Wise or Quince orchard but we won't ever really know would be good games

I've watched Martinsburg play a number of time over the last few years. And while I get what you mean about their level of competition, the bottom line is they are a buzzsaw. You can watch the way they play, and how they play, and the plays they run....they honestly look like a college team against a high school team at times. Size, speed, great play development (which i understand could change now that Coach Walker is gone) but seriously, even when FH plays some of their weakest competition, they just look like a really good high school team. If you watch the Dogs play, you can see how good they are. I think that's why people would love to see how good they really could be against some higher tier schools. Totally get it though, they dont have to prove anything outside of WV AAA. And they've done that with aplomb.

I've been through this discussion about FH many times. It applies here for Martinsburg.

Sugar Ray Leonard never had to box Larry Holmes to prove he was one of the greatest fighters of all time. For those that don't understand this simple logic, I can't explain it to you.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
I respectfully respect everyone’s opinion on this thread, martinsburg is a great program and fort hill is a great program. I wish Martinsburg would level up their schedule as much as some would like to see respectfully I will not take away from what martinsburg has done the past 10 years in saying this, in the last ten years martinsburg has taken some losses which in my opinion they play some decent competition maybe not the greatest or at least the best they could play but respectfully they play a decent schedule. Respect, Peace, and blessings to you all.

WEEK 1: Woodland Hills, PA replaced with Highland Springs, VA

That is a monster pick up!!! Tipping my hat to the Dawgs. The Springers (from inside the Richmond beltway) are consistently one of the Top 5 teams in all of Virginia if not Top 3.

I only hope football season opens by Aug 28. I have a feeling it will not. Still a great pick up.I will put it this way...if that game is played and fans are permitted in the gate, Count me at Cobourn.

2020 set up in Martinsburg. Is this a two year deal?

That is a monster pick up!!! Tipping my hat to the Dawgs. The Springers (from inside the Richmond beltway) are consistently one of the Top 5 teams in all of Virginia if not Top 3.

I only hope football season opens by Aug 28. I have a feeling it will not. Still a great pick up.I will put it this way...if that game is played and fans are permitted in the gate, Count me at Cobourn.

I’m going to get more details when I listen to Britt Sherman’s interview later tonight but Week 1 would usually be H.D. Woodson (Buy game) but it looks like a 1 year deal.

We can carpool, I'd love to see that game.

I normally watch Frankfort Moorefield week one but this game would be a must see. It should be a good one! I'm not passing this game up.

It is a two year deal. Year 1 at Martinsburg and Year 2 at Highland Springs.

I’m hoping for a good game but highland is the real deal. This game will let me know if martinsburg will win another state championship this year.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer with all this but...without a cure for COV-19, what happens when a player tests positive come August? Does the whole team quarantine? I don't see football happening on time.

Nonetheless, this is a great match up.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer with all this but...without a cure for COV-19, what happens when a player tests positive come August? Does the whole team quarantine? I don't see football happening on time.

Nonetheless, this is a great match up.
I agree with you 100% my friend, I don’t see football season happening at all. Just hoping and praying day by day it will.

More proof that that was a very weak schedule. They scored 37 points against Sherando. Great team bad competition

Let me get this straight, lol. Sherando is considered "bad competition" now?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT