ADVERTISEMENT

“Martinsburg plays cupcakes”

Feb 26, 2020
Martinsburg officially finishes their schedule. If this doesn’t satisfy you, I don’t know what will.

8/28 (H) Highland Springs VA - Even though it appears the Bulldogs were either dropped from or took themselves out of the WPIAL vs. Everyone challenge, they found an opponent that’s arguably better than any WPIAL team in Highland Springs. The Springers bring multiple P5 prospects and have won VA 5A State Championships in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018.

9/4 (H) Musselman

9/11 (H) Eastern DC

9/18 (H) Sherando VA - De Facto Rivalry Game, always a tough match-up for Martinsburg.

9/25 (H) Hedgesville

10/2 (A) Washington

10/9 (A) Spring Mills

10/16 (H) Salem VA - One of the Favorites to win the Virginia 4A State Championship this year.

10/23 (A) Jefferson

10/31 (A) Cabell Midland - State Championship Game Rematch.

11/6 (-) Open

Last edited:
Martinsburg officially finishes their schedule. If this doesn’t satisfy you, I don’t know what will.

8/28 (A) Woodland Hills PA - Despite Falling on Hard Times recently, is one of the top programs in the WPIAL. College Football Factory and has produced guys such as Rob Gronkowski and Jason Taylor.

9/4 (H) Musselman

9/11 (H) Eastern DC

9/18 (H) Sherando VA - De Facto Rivalry Game, always a tough match-up for Martinsburg.

9/25 (H) Hedgesville

10/2 (A) Washington

10/9 (A) Spring Mills

10/16 (H) Salem VA - One of the Favorites to win the Virginia 4A State Championship this year.

10/23 (A) Jefferson

10/31 (A) Cabell Midland - State Championship Game Rematch.

11/6 (-) Open
Why would this satisfy somebody, anybody, us????

There's 2 teams on there that might possibly give Martinsburg a game for a couple quarters. But with a new coach, who knows. As a FH guy, I'm not allowed to comment on any other schedules - but this is probably an 8-2, 9-1 schedule for a decent FH team.

There's 2 teams on there that might possibly give Martinsburg a game for a couple quarters. But with a new coach, who knows. As a FH guy, I'm not allowed to comment on any other schedules - but this is probably an 8-2, 9-1 schedule for a decent FH team.
I don’t know about that. It’s definitely going to be hard for martinsburg to win 4 of those games I don’t see 70 point wins this year.

Martinsburg played a decent schedule last year. Just turned out to be even better than expected.

Martinsburg played a decent schedule last year. Just turned out to be even better than expected.
I agree, I just think people on here think martinsburg is better than what they are. Shoot even the state thinks so. Lol

I agree, I just think people on here think martinsburg is better than what they are. Shoot even the state thinks so. Lol
I think martinsburg is a good football team that could stand to play some other quality games eastern dc isn't quality Washington and spring mills are close to home so i get that. Would be nice to see them play a ecp or a Damascus or wise

I think martinsburg is a good football team that could stand to play some other quality games eastern dc isn't quality Washington and spring mills are close to home so i get that. Would be nice to see them play a ecp or a Damascus or wise
I see what you’re saying but truthfully the teams that martinsburg plays like Woodland Hills this year, Salem, sherando, academy park are good opponents. Cathedral prep from what I saw when they played fort hill last year are equivalent to all four of those teams. Now I do agree I would love to see them matchup with a Damascus and wise. From what I’m told teams like wise and Damascus have a hard time making two year deals with them. Not saying they’re one of those teams just good quality opponents don’t do two year deals with them.

Martinsburg and Fort Hill share so many familiarities. People get tired of them winning constantly, rarely ever losing and then question their schedules. Martinsburg is playing who they should be playing and that is other WV Class AAA equivalents. There is no need for them to play a top flight private school out of DC to prove squat.

Now if we want to discuss these silly polls coaches and media people vote on, that's another debate. Martinsburg even remotely being considered for USA Today Top 50 status is a joke. Fort Hill remotely being considered for Maryland Top 10 status is a joke. But that is not on the schools, it's on those silly polls. Neither school has to prove squat to anyone other than winning a state title. That is what public schools do. When it comes to polls, voters are always going to take teams that win games regardless of their schedule difficulty. Just look at the most recent college basketball polls. Gonzaga, San Diego State, Dayton all in the Top 5. Seriously? That's a joke.

Would I like to see Martinsburg play a team from DC that is legit just to see how they measure up? Of course. Or just play a team where they are the underdog for once? Of course. (and Martinsburg will not be an underdog in one single game on that schedule). But those things are not always the best route for winning that state ring thing public schools work for. Keep winning games and titles and let disgruntled haters hate it.

Martinsburg and Fort Hill share so many familiarities. People get tired of them winning constantly, rarely ever losing and then question their schedules. Martinsburg is playing who they should be playing and that is other WV Class AAA equivalents. There is no need for them to play a top flight private school out of DC to prove squat.

Now if we want to discuss these silly polls coaches and media people vote on, that's another debate. Martinsburg even remotely being considered for USA Today Top 50 status is a joke. Fort Hill remotely being considered for Maryland Top 10 status is a joke. But that is not on the schools, it's on those silly polls. Neither school has to prove squat to anyone other than winning a state title. That is what public schools do. When it comes to polls, voters are always going to take teams that win games regardless of their schedule difficulty. Just look at the most recent college basketball polls. Gonzaga, San Diego State, Dayton all in the Top 5. Seriously? That's a joke.

Would I like to see Martinsburg play a team from DC that is legit just to see how they measure up? Of course. Or just play a team where they are the underdog for once? Of course. (and Martinsburg will not be an underdog in one single game on that schedule). But those things are not always the best route for winning that state ring thing public schools work for. Keep winning games and titles and let disgruntled haters hate it.
I agree with everything you’ve said. Martinsburg is never an underdog in my opinion cause they haven’t lost a game in 4 years. I think even if they were to play wise or Damascus they wouldn’t be an underdog now playing the dc privates would make them an underdog truthfully I don’t think they can play a game that their an underdog publicly unless they go deep in the United States and play a team.

I think even if they were to play wise or Damascus they wouldn’t be an underdog.

0c96c781a5e6260d0827848aec47d205.gif

Reactions: everyones-an-expert
I agree with everything you’ve said. Martinsburg is never an underdog in my opinion cause they haven’t lost a game in 4 years. I think even if they were to play wise or Damascus they wouldn’t be an underdog now playing the dc privates would make them an underdog truthfully I don’t think they can play a game that their an underdog publicly unless they go deep in the United States and play a team.
I don’t know about Wise because they can match our athletes but Damascus reminds me a lot of Spring Valley, I think we would best Damascus by 2-3 scores.

Hey i may be wrong But The Past few years I don't think Wise would of beat Martinsburg.
The Bulldogs were on another planet. Will that stay the same without Dave Walker? I don't know yet
I would say there wasn't a public School in MD or WV this past year that could beat The Dawgs and I don't think Erie Cathedral Prep would of stayed within 3 TD's

Hey i may be wrong But The Past few years I don't think Wise would of beat Martinsburg.
The Bulldogs were on another planet. Will that stay the same without Dave Walker? I don't know yet
I would say there wasn't a public School in MD or WV this past year that could beat The Dawgs and I don't think Erie Cathedral Prep would of stayed within 3 TD's
I dont believe that would be good games would be lucky to win 3 tds no way

Now I do agree I would love to see them matchup with a Damascus and wise. From what I’m told teams like wise and Damascus have a hard time making two year deals with them. Not saying they’re one of those teams just good quality opponents don’t do two year deals with them.

It is hard for any team in PG or Moco to make out of county games because, for the most part, they are locked into their county schedule. I went back through the MaxPreps schedules for Damascus and their last regular season non-Montgomery County opponent was Linganore......in 2006! That's not a knock on Damascus, that's just the hand that they are dealt by the County. I think most Damascus fans would love to see a matchup with Martinsburg, or even the return of the Linganore series, but it's just not in the cards because it's not necessary with the amount of schools in Moco. The Frederick County schools always have open dates so those matchups are a possibility but I am not sure too many of us want to go there, lol.

Reactions: nomad974
I dont believe that would be good games would be lucky to win 3 tds no way
I’m sorry cathedral prep was not that good especially for martinsburg they were slow they just happened to play against a slower team. With all due respect. Have y’all seen martinsburg the past 4 years? Seriously!

Reactions: cumbfanatic
If y’all thought Nate sowers and Brandon Barrett was good when they came to greenway these teams the past four years y’all would’ve been very impressed.

I think Catoctin beat FH by more than Cathedrel Prep, watching them both play and looking at scores Martinsburg would beat Cathedral Prep by many. If they don’t play we won’t know and it doesn’t matter really

I’m sorry cathedral prep was not that good especially for martinsburg they were slow they just happened to play against a slower team. With all due respect. Have y’all seen martinsburg the past 4 years? Seriously!
Yes watch them play the last couple championship games on tv would they beat ecp maybe 3tds no martinsburg is a great team not taking anything away

I think Catoctin beat FH by more than Cathedrel Prep, watching them both play and looking at scores Martinsburg would beat Cathedral Prep by many. If they don’t play we won’t know and it doesn’t matter really
You can't make a comparison based on those two games for two reasons 1 catoctin had a point to prove 2 ecp really pumped the brakes against FH if they hadn't it would've been really ugly. Ecp would do the same thing to catoctin it wouldn't even be fair.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
I don't recommend any FH fan bark about what they could do against Martinsburg when they won't play them. I don't recommend Martinsburg bark about what they could do against better teams if they won't play them.

The fact is Martinsburg refuses to play the likes of good DC and Baltimore private schools. They refuse to play the likes of ECP, especially during the years ECP was winning 3 straight titles unlike they failed to do last year.

If you refuse to play them just shut up. The Martinsburg schedule is ok for 2020. But outside of Salem it's not eye popping for a team that hasn't lost in 4 years. Why any Dog fan would want to come here and beat their chest about that schedule isnt Wise. It's not a cupcake schedule for sure though. Too bad the county league teams are so piss poor outside of Musselman.

I don't recommend any FH fan bark about what they could do against Martinsburg when they won't play them. I don't recommend Martinsburg bark about what they could do against better teams if they won't play them.

The fact is Martinsburg refuses to play the likes of good DC and Baltimore private schools. They refuse to play the likes of ECP, especially during the years ECP was winning 3 straight titles unlike they failed to do last year.

If you refuse to play them just shut up. The Martinsburg schedule is ok for 2020. But outside of Salem it's not eye popping for a team that hasn't lost in 4 years. Why any Dog fan would want to come here and beat their chest about that schedule isnt Wise. It's not a cupcake schedule for sure though. Too bad the county league teams are so piss poor outside of Musselman.
It’s crazy how people always say martinsburg won’t play this team or that team but I don’t see or hear about these teams calling martinsburg and that’s a fact!

Put it like this martinsburg doesn’t talk about teams that can beat them by a landslide, Martinsburg doesn’t talk about the teams that could beat

I’m going to leave it at this until FH schedule martinsburg again FH fans can’t say shit about martinsburg or we going to come on here and give y’all hell! And for all the other good teams that get on here call martinsburg line something up for the years to come and see if martinsburg will play y’all.

It’s crazy how people always say martinsburg won’t play this team or that team but I don’t see or hear about these teams calling martinsburg and that’s a fact!
I dont usually agree with that guy but he has one good point about the other teams in that area aside from musselman the rest are shit. As far as other team calling martinsburg phones work both ways

Put it like this martinsburg doesn’t talk about teams that can beat them by a landslide, Martinsburg doesn’t talk about the teams that could beat

I’m going to leave it at this until FH schedule martinsburg again FH fans can’t say shit about martinsburg or we going to come on here and give y’all hell! And for all the other good teams that get on here call martinsburg line something up for the years to come and see if martinsburg will play y’all.
Ok fair enough at this time FH and martinsburg dont belong on the field together maybe in the past. But i also have a prediction for you new coach this year no state title appearance for the dogs this year.

Ok fair enough at this time FH and martinsburg dont belong on the field together maybe in the past. But i also have a prediction for you new coach this year no state title appearance for the dogs this year.
Don’t worry I have my doubts too but I’m not going to count them out. But if you guys want me to be real with you he was a big reason for running this decade.

I don’t think Fh will have a state title appearance for awhile either. Them boys in Baltimore and Thurmont a little to lethal.

I don’t think Fh will have a state title appearance for awhile either. Them boys in Baltimore and Thurmont a little to lethal.
I dont know catoctin maybe hitting the skids FHs will have some speed outside of that i don't look for them to go back either

Yes, I have passed on teams to Martinsburg that in no way, shape or form the Bulldogs wanted to play. That would include Calvert Hall and St. John's -- two teams that asked me about an open date that I then passed on to Martinsburg who had the same open date. This occurred on a couple of different seasons. I know Coach Davis at Calvert Hall and I tried to broker a deal to get Martinsburg a couple of those years. Baltimore is only a 1 hour 40 minute drive from Martinsburg. Those teams were even willing to do a one year deal at Martinsburg with no return game required. Martinsburg was more concerned about getting DC public schools and worrying about their playoff situation. Hmmmmmm, now who does that sound like? Pretty much every one. Martinsburg is no different so no disrespect intended.

I can guarantee that if I were the AD at Martinsburg, I could lock in games with Gonzaga or St. John's or DeMatha or public schools like Wise, South County or Westfield. All only 90 minutes away or less. Northern Virginia and DC is full of Martinsburg commuters. I would not advocate such as the Martinsburg AD though for obvious reasons.

You cannot call out another team for dodging opponents when you do it. Now, if you are talking about regional/league games like Martinsburg playing Jefferson in all sports but football -- yea for sure. The Big 10 is now going through this dilemma...the same one FH went through with the AMAC ten years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: cumbfanatic
I would also add that WV Class AAA is exactly the same as MD Class 1A. There are basically 2 teams (maybe 3 at best) that are miles better than everyone else when it comes to being the best in their classification. Some years there is 1 team. But there is a reason for such -- they all play under the same public school rules, they all pull from the same amount of students -- it's called building a program.

Yes, I have passed on teams to Martinsburg that in no way, shape or form the Bulldogs wanted to play. That would include Calvert Hall and St. John's -- two teams that asked me about an open date that I then passed on to Martinsburg who had the same open date. This occurred on a couple of different seasons. I know Coach Davis at Calvert Hall and I tried to broker a deal to get Martinsburg a couple of those years. Baltimore is only a 1 hour 40 minute drive from Martinsburg. Those teams were even willing to do a one year deal at Martinsburg with no return game required. Martinsburg was more concerned about getting DC public schools and worrying about their playoff situation. Hmmmmmm, now who does that sound like? Pretty much every one. Martinsburg is no different so no disrespect intended.

I can guarantee that if I were the AD at Martinsburg, I could lock in games with Gonzaga or St. John's or DeMatha or public schools like Wise, South County or Westfield. All only 90 minutes away or less. Northern Virginia and DC is full of Martinsburg commuters. I would not advocate such as the Martinsburg AD though for obvious reasons.

You cannot call out another team for dodging opponents when you do it. Now, if you are talking about regional/league games like Martinsburg playing Jefferson in all sports but football -- yea for sure. The Big 10 is now going through this dilemma...the same one FH went through with the AMAC ten years ago.
Ok well I’ll say this when martinsburg starts talking shit about a St. John’s or any private school like FH fans do them I’ll address them in the same manner my point is if you can’t beat them there is no need for any comment about a team you can’t beat, not their schedule, not how they win so much, not how they were nationally ranked none of it that just seems ass backwards to me.

Ok well I’ll say this when martinsburg starts talking shit about a St. John’s or any private school like FH fans do them I’ll address them in the same manner my point is if you can’t beat them there is no need for any comment about a team you can’t beat, not their schedule, not how they win so much, not how they were nationally ranked none of it that just seems ass backwards to me.
Dude you really seem level headed but trust me martinsburg has fans that are just as big an asshole as some FH fans it's just a thing i think we can all agree that we want to see good competitive football. Who the wants to go watch a game when you know its going to be a blowout.

Dude you really seem level headed but trust me martinsburg has fans that are just as big an asshole as some FH fans it's just a thing i think we can all agree that we want to see good competitive football. Who the wants to go watch a game when you know its going to be a blowout.
Yessir I agree with you 100% I’ve been living in the area for 6 1/2 years now and fort hill is the only football I will watch and I live in Frankfort territory. I’ve enjoyed watching fort hill play these past 6 1/2 years and this is coming from a martinsburg fan I don’t hate you guys not one bit but I just dislike seeing somethings about martinsburg because of course it’s my hometown.

Reactions: RedPride97
They’re not an underdog because they don’t play any of the top teams, despite being very close to DC and Northern Virginia.

They’re not an underdog because they don’t play any of the top teams, despite being very close to DC and Northern Virginia.
Yeah. I don’t really disagree with you guys about them playing a little tougher schedule my only issue is FH won’t play them but will talk about them. Lol if you’re going to talk about someone’s schedule maybe you should schedule them. Like if I went on a martinsburg fan site and they started talking about dematha, St. John’s, Gonzaga, mt saint jospeh etc football schedule id have to tell them why don’t you put those teams on the schedule. My whole point is martinsburg doesn’t go around talking about teams and their schedules unless they want to play and they really think they are better than you.

Yeah. I don’t really disagree with you guys about them playing a little tougher schedule my only issue is FH won’t play them but will talk about them. Lol if you’re going to talk about someone’s schedule maybe you should schedule them. Like if I went on a martinsburg fan site and they started talking about dematha, St. John’s, Gonzaga, mt saint jospeh etc football schedule id have to tell them why don’t you put those teams on the schedule. My whole point is martinsburg doesn’t go around talking about teams and their schedules unless they want to play and they really think they are better than you.

Fort Hill has proven that they do not want to play any teams that can possibly beat them. The difference between me as a Fort Hill fan and you as a Martinsburg fan is you are in complete denial. Maybe coach apple doesn’t really feel that his team is very good. I would also have to say the same thing for the Martinsburg coach or he would play a team that has a higher ranking than them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT