ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Cambridge South Dorchester kicker James Frazier

Maryland Varsity

Jul 18, 2013
What were your initial thoughts when the football season was postponed until the spring?
“At first. I was mad that I wouldn’t be able to play until then, but now I’m just glad it’s confirmed that we’re going to have a season.... Now I have a big offseason to continue on improving my game.”
What are your workout plans at this point going forward?
“My workout plans moving forward include continuing to go to the gym 3 days a week, and since I’m a three sport athlete with soccer, basketball, and football, we are in a soccer season right now. I’m going to continue doing that and also I plan on kicking at least twice a week leading up to the season.”
What are you trying to improve on the most at this point?
“I’m going to continue on improving my all-around game and also my physical attributes which are to hit at least 160 pounds when school comes around but also to work on my kickoffs, field goals, and punts while continuing to progressively get better. We will be ready for this upcoming season by being consistent in the weight room but also in class with grades and everything will then fall into place.”
What would be your thoughts if the state changed their mind regarding fall football?
“If the states changed their minds about football and we didn’t have a season, it would be horrible because everyone wants to see football start again. If they plan on starting earlier, I know I will be ready.”
What areas do you feel will be keys to having a successful run during the season?
“The key areas we will need to be focused on regarding the season is just keeping the go ahead the only things on our mind and block out distractions.”
What sport do you want to play at the college level?
“The sport in college I want to play is football as a kicker/punter.”
What colleges have been recruiting you?
“Frostburg, Shenandoah, Salisbury, Stevenson, and West Virginia Wesleyan. I have received a lot of emails from other schools including Penn University, the Shepherd Rams, Ursinus College, and a couple other schools.”
Have any colleges offered you?
“No colleges have offered me a spot.”
What colleges are you trying to visit this fall
“The colleges I’m trying to visit this fall are most schools in the PSAC conference, definitely Frostburg, and Maryland College Park.”
Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“My favorite college growing up was Alabama. I was introduced to them at a young age and have liked them since.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News