ADVERTISEMENT

Allegany County Speed Clinic

TDHelmick

Hall of Fame Poster
May 29, 2001
Most everyone here knows me. I've been trying to help local football athletes get to college since 2009 through my Queen City Football Foundation. Through those years I've come to notice that many of our young athletes are not understanding the proper techniques when it comes to drills such as the 40-yard dash, the 3 cone drill, the shuttle run, how to turn those hips, how to explode and other various tests college coaches use to judge their scholarship candidates. So what I have done is help set up a clinic that will train our high school athletes in all these drills and many more aspects. But the clinic is for everyone of all skills in grades 8-12, both girls and boys...not just the college bound athlete. It will help you perform better. Without this kind of training, athletes are more prone to injury and often get stuck at a mediocre level of performance simply because their bodies have not been trained to move beyond that level.

It's called the Allegany County Speed & Agility Clinic and it will be held at Greenway Avenue Stadium May 18-22. Five days of training daily Monday through Friday from 5:00 to 7:00 pm. We have a world class trainer running this event. His name is Ron Jones and he is from Tampa. He has been a personal trainer for several NFL players including Derek Brooks and Steelers running Back Isaac Redman. Ron is about my age and is currently training for the Masters Track & Field 100 meter event held in Paris this summer.

If you want to know more or want to register someone, go to our website:
www.AlleganyCountySpeed.com
THIS EVENT WILL SELL OUT! I know it will. We are keeping the numbers smaller the first time around so participants can have a better experience. It's first come-first serve.

You can read about the people who will be running it, including yours truly.

The cost is $100, which I find to be extremely cheap considering this event is 5 days long. Most of these clinics run above $300 to $400. Thanks to the help of two sponsors: The DelFest Foundation and Rehab 1st we are able to keep our fee to students on the low end.

THIS IS NOT A COMBINE
But it can train you how to perform at these combines and at summer camps. The same summer camps where Ty Johnson, Gage Shaffer and Kirk Robinette got offered.

This Speed Clinic is something new. You won't find this type of event in many places across the country. Well, we have one now In Cumberland. I hope people will support this. Everyone is also welcome to attend as a spectator, that's free. I know some high school coaches that will be there to see what it is we are trying to teach these kids.

Thanks also to Allegany County Athletic Director Steve Lewis for helping us secure the facility, FH Coach Appel, FH Asst. Principal Richard King, Keyser Coach Biser, Allegany Coach Preaskorn, Allegany principal Mike Calhoun, Frankfort AD Kevin Shupe, Frankfort Coach Whiteman, Keyser AD Lori Wilson and other coaches who are helping us out in many ways with their kids.

If you want to chat or have questions, just post them here. I will respond.

Wish us luck and thanks. Hope it helps a few kids.

This post was edited on 4/10 1:54 AM by TDHelmick

Most everyone here knows me. I've been trying to help local football athletes get to college since 2009 through my Queen City Football Foundation. Through those years I've come to notice that many of our young athletes are not understanding the proper techniques when it comes to drills such as the 40-yard dash, the 3 cone drill, the shuttle run, how to turn those hips, how to explode and other various tests college coaches use to judge their scholarship candidates. So what I have done is help set up a clinic that will train our high school athletes in all these drills and many more aspects. But the clinic is for everyone of all skills in grades 8-12, both girls and boys...not just the college bound athlete. It will help you perform better. Without this kind of training, athletes are more prone to injury and often get stuck at a mediocre level of performance simply because their bodies have not been trained to move beyond that level.

It's called the Allegany County Speed & Agility Clinic and it will be held at Greenway Avenue Stadium May 18-22. Five days of training daily Monday through Friday from 5:00 to 7:00 pm. We have a world class trainer running this event. His name is Ron Jones and he is from Tampa. He has been a personal trainer for several NFL players including Derek Brooks and Steelers running Back Isaac Redman. Ron is about my age and is currently training for the Masters Track & Field 100 meter event held in Paris this summer.

If you want to know more or want to register someone, go to our website:
www.AlleganyCountySpeed.com
THIS EVENT WILL SELL OUT! I know it will. We are keeping the numbers smaller the first time around so participants can have a better experience. It's first come-first serve.

You can read about the people who will be running it, including yours truly.

The cost is $100, which I find to be extremely cheap considering this event is 5 days long. Most of these clinics run above $300 to $400. Thanks to the help of two sponsors: The DelFest Foundation and Rehab 1st we are able to keep our fee to students on the low end.

THIS IS NOT A COMBINE
But it can train you how to perform at these combines and at summer camps. The same summer camps where Ty Johnson, Gage Shaffer and Kirk Robinette got offered.

This Speed Clinic is something new. You won't find this type of event in many places across the country. Well, we have one now In Cumberland. I hope people will support this. Everyone is also welcome to attend as a spectator, that's free. I know some high school coaches that will be there to see what it is we are trying to teach these kids.

Thanks also to Allegany County Athletic Director Steve Lewis for helping us secure the facility, FH Coach Appel, FH Asst. Principal Richard King, Keyser Coach Biser, Allegany Coach Preaskorn, Allegany principal Mike Calhoun, Frankfort AD Kevin Shupe, Frankfort Coach Whiteman, Keyser AD Lori Wilson and other coaches who are helping us out in many ways with their kids.

If you want to chat or have questions, just post them here. I will respond.

Wish us luck and thanks. Hope it helps a few kids.

This post was edited on 4/10 1:54 AM by TDHelmick
First night was great. The trainers are awesome

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT