ADVERTISEMENT

Would Love to Keep South Hagerstown on the Schedule

Seasoned Lettuce

All State Poster
Jul 28, 2015
I totally understand that for South Hagerstown, having Fort Hill on the schedule is largely detrimental from the standpoint of making the 3A West playoffs. The margin of error is too thin for them to risk it year in and year out. Sure, some would say if you can't beat a 1A Fort Hill you aren't going to have much success in the 3A West playoffs, but come one, doesn't everyone strive to make the playoffs?

That being, said, if South High does decide to drop us, and that would be totally up to them I haven't heard one way or the other yet, it will suck. What a great opponent. Perfect road trip, 1 hour away to Hagerstown, a place we're all familiar with. Decent stadium, great competition, kind of a throwback for us old nostalgia guys, and honestly, based on Friday night's game, it could turn into a nice little rivalry. Big points for us if we win. There's so much to love about having them on the schedule and I think it's competition we need.

I would put it at 90% to 10% that South does not renew, unless they really like the gate money and concession money like Brunswick. I spoke to a few people from the school and there are discussions not to renew and look for a lesser opponent. Hopefully, the money prevails and a contract is signed. If Fort Hill did not have a following it would be 100% no.

I agree with the Lettuce man. It would be nice to keep SH on the schedule. It also helps the JV and freshmen teams with games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT