ADVERTISEMENT

whose fault this time

novaunicorn

All State Poster
Aug 19, 2005
So last year it was the Korn's fault, both times. This year's Homecoming loss was the refs fault. Who do we have to blame for the loss tonight?

Reactions: hbpass2
Who do we blame. FH, thats who u blame. Dominate on all sides of the ball. Sorry, could play with anyone in the state this year. There is not a weakness anywhere on this FH team this year. Face it, number 4 state coming back this year. How it is. Alco, u might catch on.

Total dominate get out of here. How many times was Allegany inside the FH 30?.... Most of the game. inside the 10, what about 3 times without scoring. It was Allegany penalties that put them in bad position which led to turnovers.

Reactions: camper21502
#4 is a beast for alco. Alcos problem is that FH has 4 kids that good maybe 5. My hat is off to both teams for the way they battled. FH will bring home #6 in 2 weeks.

Bryan Hansel will do great
things at alco. He has the vision now that Todd had 8 years ago. It's now up to the alco community to follow thru. As you can see, FH has follow thru

Oh yea #4 for Alco is a beast. Unfortunately he is the ONLY weapon they had offensively. The Alco passing game is atrocious. Really hurt the Campers in both Homecoming and the playoff rematch. 4 interceptions. When your QB doesn't see a half legit pass defense all year that will happen. Ironically #4 for FH is also a beast. Both are only juniors.

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
Total dominate get out of here. How many times was Allegany inside the FH 30?.... Most of the game. inside the 10, what about 3 times without scoring. It was Allegany penalties that put them in bad position which led to turnovers.
Final score, alco was inside there and everywhere. but what was the final, a FH win, get over it, try next year. Penalties, yah,yah. FH went through the motions. And beat there a--. Quit crying, u might get out under the red fog in about, hmmmmm maybe next decade

Reactions: hbpass2 and SS610
So last year it was the Korn's fault, both times. This year's Homecoming loss was the refs fault. Who do we have to blame for the loss tonight?
Nobody cried at Homecoming or tonight. I think the whole world knew FH was gonna win both games. Alco was easily3 td underdogs so nobody is shocked or stunned lol.. I think they played FH very well tonight. I think they had a good season and I hope Coach Hansel builds off of it. Hansel did a very good job in his first yr. as Head Coach.

Alco's first TD drive was AIDED by 30 yards in penalties by FH. But to say FH dominated isnt quite right. Alco out gained FH in yardage.

But FHs defense was just well beyond anything Alco could sustain any momentum against.

Nobody cried either game. This was not supposed to be a good year for Allegany. Many underclassman; got a new head coach 3 weeks before the season started. I think most picked them to be about 6-4 best. They played right with FH losing by 2 td, and had many many chances. It did not look like FH was as superior over Allegany as everyone is saying. We know they have a good team and were the better team, with a few breaks Allegany had a chance. As good teams do FH made very little mistakes and Alco did not get any breaks at all. It was a 6-0 game with 50 seconds until the half. FH score was set up by a big play on 3rd and long. Allegany had a first and goal from around the 5 yard line and was unable to score. They were inside the FH 30 a few other times. Alco committed penalties and made mistakes at very crucial times. They played hard and gave it a game. We are proud of the way they played and the season they had. Preseason did 1 person other than Alco faithful pick them to beat Keyser??? They put up 40 against them. With a new coach, young team they gave it their all and had a good season.

Last edited:
Dominated is deffinatly not the word I would use for the game last night. Homecoming yes but not lastnight. Allegany lost this game more than Fh won it

Haha. okay..Ill give you that domination isnt the right word, but saying Alco lost more than FH won is equally silly.

Alco had some chances and gained a lot of yards, but the game was won by defense. more specifically, FHs defense.

It was a great game. But the overall better team won.

The score is 19-0 late in the 2nd half and Alco is on the verge of getting beaten badly again. FH botches a snap and punt in the end zone and gets off a 9 yard punt. Alco scores. If that doesn't happen this one might have gotten ugly. A huge chunk of the Alco yardage was on their final drive with FH in prevent. They convert a 4th and 24 in that scenario. If FH doesnt botch the coverage Alco only scores 7 points off a botched punt. While one of Alcos other long drives was nothing but a string of FH penalties.

So you can play the same what if scenario either way. If digging for moral victories lightens the sting so be it. At least the 35 point clock didn't run. That's always a bonus.

Last edited:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Fort Hill have a 19 point lead going into the fourth quarter? When a team is averaging two possessions per quarter, that's a pretty big lead.

Nobody cried either game. This was not supposed to be a good year for Allegany. Many underclassman; got a new head coach 3 weeks before the season started. I think most picked them to be about 6-4 best. They played right with FH losing by 2 td, and had many many chances. It did not look like FH was as superior over Allegany as everyone is saying. We know they have a good team and were the better team, with a few breaks Allegany had a chance. As good teams do FH made very little mistakes and Alco did not get any breaks at all. It was a 6-0 game with 50 seconds until the half. FH score was set up by a big play on 3rd and long. Allegany had a first and goal from around the 5 yard line and was unable to score. They were inside the FH 30 a few other times. Alco committed penalties and made mistakes at very crucial times. They played hard and gave it a game. We are proud of the way they played and the season they had. Preseason did 1 person other than Alco faithful pick them to beat Keyser??? They put up 40 against them. With a new coach, young team they gave it their all and had a good season.

me personally I picked Alco to be undefeated going into HC. Lots of talent in blue. Easily the 2nd best team in 1A. Unfortunately for them this FH team is too good and too deep.

Giving a different perspective in an otherwise FH forum is pretty much a waste of time. I could play the old Johnny Carson bit with the unopened envelopes... you don't have to read anything in here after the game - you already know.

Everything Allegany did right was an 'if but' and everything FH did right was the result of brilliant coaching and stellar execution. Then there is the simultaneous opposite realities that 'Alco sucks' while FH had a great victory.

Seriously, the FH/Alco match-up has not been competitive in talent - not even close - since Korn blew the two one point losses.

Giving a different perspective in an otherwise FH forum is pretty much a waste of time. I could play the old Johnny Carson bit with the unopened envelopes... you don't have to read anything in here after the game - you already know.

Everything Allegany did right was an 'if but' and everything FH did right was the result of brilliant coaching and stellar execution. Then there is the simultaneous opposite realities that 'Alco sucks' while FH had a great victory.

Seriously, the FH/Alco match-up has not been competitive in talent - not even close - since Korn blew the two one point losses.

And in agreeing with you I say if Korn had coached this year Alco still goes 10-2.

2015 alco/fh under preaskforn 7-17 10-17
2016 alco/fh under hansel 13-48 14-26
the poor korn is still getting it, but i'm not so sure this team performed better than last years

Reactions: SS610
2015 alco/fh under preaskforn 7-17 10-17
2016 alco/fh under hansel 13-48 14-26
the poor korn is still getting it, but i'm not so sure this team performed better than last years
Last yr. was suppose to be Alcos yr. with the good bunch of seniors they had.I dont think anyone wouldve said that about this yrs team.

Last yr. was suppose to be Alcos yr. with the good bunch of seniors they had.I dont think anyone wouldve said that about this yrs team.

Last year was expected to be an experienced and successful team, but I don't think anybody believed they had the talent to beat FH. I mean, really. This year Allegany was expected to be crushed by FH and merely win more games than they lost.

Last year was expected to be an experienced and successful team, but I don't think anybody believed they had the talent to beat FH. I mean, really. This year Allegany was expected to be crushed by FH and merely win more games than they lost.
Your right when I go back and think about it.. I just had The Korn stuck in my head when he said last yr. was one of the strongest senior classes he had ever coached.

Your right when I go back and think about it.. I just had The Korn stuck in my head when he said last yr. was one of the strongest senior classes he had ever coached.

I only get to a game or two and one is usually FH. I depended on Jailerman for info as well as some radio and commercial vids. I am not close to anyone directly associated with Alco so I honestly can't always tell who is a junior from a senior.

Doesn't Allegany return Bratton, Llewellan, Middleton, one of the Robinettes and the entire Line. If so, next year might be their shot at FH.

I only get to a game or two and one is usually FH. I depended on Jailerman for info as well as some radio and commercial vids. I am not close to anyone directly associated with Alco so I honestly can't always tell who is a junior from a senior.

Doesn't Allegany return Bratton, Llewellan, Middleton, one of the Robinettes and the entire Line. If so, next year might be their shot at FH.
What ever happened to jailerman? I enjoyed his site for many yrs. Yes Alco has some pretty good players returning next yr.

What ever happened to jailerman? I enjoyed his site for many yrs. Yes Alco has some pretty good players returning next yr.

His webpage is frozen at July 14th. Sadly, I am convinced that we will no longer benefit from his generosity and talent. Apparently nobody else has the password or the inclination to continue. Not surprising when you visit the Allegany webpage and compare it to FH's.

Jailer hasn't been well. Hopefully, with some help from the Big Guy upstairs, he'll be back next year. Say a few prays for the big guy.

Well, big time prayers then. Jailer coming back is a major positive to look forward to. I mean.... like... that's great!

Sorry bout ur luck, FH went conservative once up 19-0. Watch the tape, and why couldnt they score 3 times inside the 10 ? Its called a great defense!!!!! not penalties. Its called gotta excecute. Quit crying on the penality bullcrap. A good team overcomes them things, hence the game at South Hagerstown!

Sorry bout ur luck, FH went conservative once up 19-0. Watch the tape, and why couldnt they score 3 times inside the 10 ? Its called a great defense!!!!! not penalties. Its called gotta excecute. Quit crying on the penality bullcrap. A good team overcomes them things, hence the game at South Hagerstown!
You are 100% right. How many times do we see FH sit on a lead in a big game? It's not just against Allegany it's anytime they are in a pressure situation. They make it incredibly easy to defend when you know they are going to run belly over and over and over. You throw in screen pass or a halfback option and it's a touchdown 90% of the time because nobody would ever be defending it.

You are 100% right. How many times do we see FH sit on a lead in a big game? It's not just against Allegany it's anytime they are in a pressure situation. They make it incredibly easy to defend when you know they are going to run belly over and over and over. You throw in screen pass or a halfback option and it's a touchdown 90% of the time because nobody would ever be defending it.

Hence, a reverse goes for 53 yards. a QB sneak goes for 17 yards. etc..I agree that FH went conservative. I think they were just the better team, and did what they needed to do to preserve the lead..against a tough opponent who would capitalize on any mistakes that would be made if they kept trying to pound down the field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT