ADVERTISEMENT

VA 4A 104-0

everyone must make the playoffs in VA Jamestown is 1-9, they haven’t scored in 4 weeks

Nine teams in the region and eight made the playoffs. The team that missed the playoffs went 0-10 and lost 77-0 to Phoebus last week.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Boy, if they resided in Frederick County MD., the BOE would be frying the HC!!! LOL Just ask the people from Brunswick.

Boy, if they resided in Frederick County MD., the BOE would be frying the HC!!! LOL Just ask the people from Brunswick.
It’s not just Frederick, South Hagerstown got their fingers smacked for a 2 point conversion late in the game against Williamsport. Best part….it wasn’t supposed to be a 2 point conversion, it was a botched snap on the extra point that turned into the conversion but apparently that didn’t matter to the powers that be. Im sure Linganore will hear about throwing a TD pass up 42-7 on Friday but if you ask me, Manchester Valley brought that on themselves with their uh….let’s just call it aggressive play. The MPSSAA has a whole document on sportsmanship and not running the score up because we don’t want anyone’s feelings to get hurt anymore 🙄

It’s not just Frederick, South Hagerstown got their fingers smacked for a 2 point conversion late in the game against Williamsport. Best part….it wasn’t supposed to be a 2 point conversion, it was a botched snap on the extra point that turned into the conversion but apparently that didn’t matter to the powers that be. Im sure Linganore will hear about throwing a TD pass up 42-7 on Friday but if you ask me, Manchester Valley brought that on themselves with their uh….let’s just call it aggressive play. The MPSSAA has a whole document on sportsmanship and not running the score up because we don’t want anyone’s feelings to get hurt anymore 🙄
The fault is on the County. If the County officials are concerned about lopsided scores then the rule should be the game is over once up by 42 points. The coaches cannot be the scapegoat.

I was watching a video of highlights. Jamestown turned the ball over their first three plays from scrimmage. It was 20-0 after the first MINUTE of the game.
This game highlights why an "everyone makes the playoffs" system is an extremely bad idea. I read a story about this game yesterday and it was 98-0 with 30 seconds left and instead of kneeling, they chose to throw a pass and score to get over 100. The coach said that he felt bad about it but he did it for the players and fans because it was important to them to make history by scoring over 100. I am far from a participation trophy kinda guy and I usually don't get upset with lopsided scores, but there are still ways to show sportsmanship when the game is out of hand. Choosing not to kneel with 30 seconds left, up 98, on a 1 win team, is far from class and sportsmanship and the reasoning doesn't sit well with me personally.

This game highlights why an "everyone makes the playoffs" system is an extremely bad idea. I read a story about this game yesterday and it was 98-0 with 30 seconds left and instead of kneeling, they chose to throw a pass and score to get over 100. The coach said that he felt bad about it but he did it for the players and fans because it was important to them to make history by scoring over 100. I am far from a participation trophy kinda guy and I usually don't get upset with lopsided scores, but there are still ways to show sportsmanship when the game is out of hand. Choosing not to kneel with 30 seconds left, up 98, on a 1 win team, is far from class and sportsmanship and the reasoning doesn't sit well with me personally.
FH last week took a delay of game intentionally to let the clock run down. Complete opposite to what happened in this game lol

I guess winning the 3A state championship last year just wasn't enough....we need records they say. They did demolish everyone last year in the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT