ADVERTISEMENT

Updates

Yawn. Same old Twaddle.....until the Korn drops the ball then it will be time to dust off the "Back to Back State Champs" Fort Hill Hoodie.

Yawn. Same old Twaddle.....until the Korn drops the ball then it will be time to dust off the "Back to Back State Champs" Fort Hill Hoodie.

Actually, it is more like a twaddle dee - twaddle dum response on your part to toss epithets without rationale. Personally, when I go to a FH game I cheer for FH. When I go to say, a Saturday Alco game with FH having played Friday night, every identifiable FH fan is screaming for the other team to kick Allegany's ass. I get it. I feel free to criticize Alco just as I feel free to suggest that FH may be an angstrom or two short of perfection. If some folks can't take the slightest hint that FH is something short of god-like then maybe they should not be involved in a forum. If they do get involved, then they should expect a response. I will be your huckleberry.

I'm sensing a trend. Come on you know how this ends, verbal warfare is exchanged, it goes too far, and in the end both sides bow out gracefully with the understanding that if we don't then Maryland Varsity as we know it is lost, and neither side wants that.

I love you Lags I just can't pinpoint the exact moment you broke bad on Fort Hill after what had been such a torrid love affair. Always have admired your spunk and ability to stand strong as a Lone Wolf.

Was at the game. Still in shock. No 1a school is going to stop Fort Hills running game.

What a great football town clearfield is.

Hey, Lags, with all due respect you're the one who said you wouldn't tout Clearfield being that good or Harford Tech being that bad. I just chose to use a tidbit of information with the preface "From the what it's worth department..." My bit of information is every bit as good as your opinion.

I've been a MD high school football fan for a long time, too. I know five things for certain: 1.) Harford Tech has never even remotely resembled a football power in MD; 2.) Allegany and Fort Hill have been MD football powers; 3.) Clearfield High School has had several winning seasons, and last year lost to Keyser after being up 17-0; 4.) jayvee wins and losses don't mean a whole lot; and 5.) the Campers and Sentinels will settle for the kettle on the field come November 7th.

Peace be with you!

Last edited:
Oh...Douglas out of Baltimore is ranked by Max Preps at 1707. Honestly, I think that is probably about where Alco should be. However, you know and I know that the Campers have lost a few unexpected games over the last few years.

The kids will settle the game on the field.

As adults, we'll have to wait until the Campers and the Sentinels play a few common opponents to get a bit of a gauge.

I love you Lags I just can't pinpoint the exact moment you broke bad on Fort Hill after what had been such a torrid love affair. Always have admired your spunk and ability to stand strong as a Lone Wolf.

Ugh, I wasn't aware that I had broken bad on Fort Hill. Frankly, my scathing review of Alco's opener - despite the final score - would indicate something akin to my divorce from them. My comment about the FH oldster red-jackets is something I review each year - primarily because of the reserved seats not being for students. So, the only difference this year is suggesting that maybe Clearfield was not a quality opponent. That's fair. I mean really. If a junior sized Allegany can do better last year against Johnson and company, how good is Clearfield really? Maybe this year's FH team is actually better than last year, but one game ain't going to prove it. Mkay. Besides, what good is a forum if it's all about butt-kissing.

Reactions: bigdawgrefwmd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT