Updates

East Hardy 13 Frankfort 7 half
Keyser 48 Berkeley Springs 7
Martinsburg 14 Sherando VA 7 early 3rd.
Hampshire 10 Elkins 10 3rd Quote

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Alco 14 Harford Tech 6 just before half
John Marshall 13 Mountain Ridge 18 start of 3rd

Now 28 - 6 Alco with 6 seconds left in half, but to quote myself, "not prepared."
Tech definitely got some fresh talent this year with a very good running quarterback.
An unintentional facemask took him out of the game. Still, Alco is flat... flat.

FH 35 - 7. Is Brown the fastest player this area has seen in a while. Where did he come from?

FH 35 - 7. Is Brown the fastest player this area has seen in a while. Where did he come from?

I believe he was a defensive back last year. FH is certainly blessed to have two players back to back with that kind of speed - that's Johnson and Brown. Obviously Clearfield could not stop the run.... and their passing was non existent.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Sherando has had two pass interference calls on them over the last two minutes. Both calls were made on 4th down for the Bulldogs.

East hardyou 42 Frankfort 14 4:21 left.
Sherando 21 Martinsburg 14
Dawgs start 0-2
FH will face Shearndo later this season.
Mountain Ridge sounds improved beating John Marshall whom handled University High last week.

For the first time out, Tim Turner and Mark Manges did a very good job broadcasting FH football on "the river" - formerly WTBO.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
FH's secondary had an outstanding game tonight. Once the line started to get pressure on that tall QB things improved further. I don't know the stats but there had to be at least 40 pass attempts. Any team will have some holes time-to-time during an air attack but the starting defense did not give up big plays except for a few long 2nd and 3rd downs.

Last edited:
Mt. Ridge wins.
Ridge 36 - John Marshall 21.

The Miners score an unnecessary TD with less than a minute to go. Just take a knee at that point.

I will reserve final comment on Allegany until I see the commercial vid. Looks like FH/Alco handled their opponents with similar spreads. Not sure what it all means this early. Allegany ran for 211 yards and passed for 160. Imes passed for 4 touchdowns.

Yeah I saw that Brian H, but didn't they also get beat last year by Douglass BADLY in the semis and we know what FH did to Douglass. Either way it's going to be a TOUGH TOUGH game. Nice win FH, but time to get back to work, Keyser comes to town next week.

FH's secondary had an outstanding game tonight. Once the line started to get pressure on that tall QB things improved further. I don't know the stats but there had to be at least 40 pass attempts. Any team will have some holes time-to-time during an air attack but the starting defense did not give up big plays except for a few long 2nd and 3rd downs.

Radio had them 21-39 for 301 yds. FH 452 yds. rushing

Don't even want to talk about FH playing a school that beat Martinsburg! Sherando will be the ultimate challenge!!!

Martinsburg starting QB, that may have made a difference in the game.

Martinsburg is VERY young. Of course so is FH and they beat a quality opponent. Glad to see Alco and Ridge both win. Fantastic first week for Allegany County football.

Brown had 4 carries for 161 yards tonight. Sounds familiar. FHs offense was crisp and near perfect. For week one against a quality opponent I am very pleased. Defensive front was a brick wall, LBs were great. The DBs were all step for step with the Bison receivers, but need to work on finding the ball sooner. Thatll come around. Different look next week against a big line at Keyser.

Defensively I think the two Luke's did outstanding. The front four on the line will be a force to be reckoned with. Poling did well at LB but think Powell looked a little lost out there.

Martinsburg is VERY young. Of course so is FH and they beat a quality opponent. Glad to see Alco and Ridge both win. Fantastic first week for Allegany County football.

Brown had 4 carries for 161 yards tonight. Sounds familiar. FHs offense was crisp and near perfect. For week one against a quality opponent I am very pleased. Defensive front was a brick wall, LBs were great. The DBs were all step for step with the Bison receivers, but need to work on finding the ball sooner. Thatll come around. Different look next week against a big line at Keyser.

Wow! Clearly, Clearfield wasn't too clear when Brown was in the game nor did they have any plan against containing a speedster. Even a young Allegany had a plan last year for Johnson. What is interesting is that Brown got the yards on the ground that Allegany got against Tech in the air. Brown is equal to a quality passing attack. It is early to draw a ton of conclusions about Alco/FH but I don't know if I would label Clearfield a quality opponent. Just the same, I don't know if I would label Tech a cupcake just yet until we see how the fair through the year.

Wow! Clearly, Clearfield wasn't too clear when Brown was in the game nor did they have any plan against containing a speedster. Even a young Allegany had a plan last year for Johnson. What is interesting is that Brown got the yards on the ground that Allegany got against Tech in the air. Brown is equal to a quality passing attack. It is early to draw a ton of conclusions about Alco/FH but I don't know if I would label Clearfield a quality opponent. Just the same, I don't know if I would label Tech a cupcake just yet until we see how the fair through the year.

Allegany had all year to scout Johnson. How much film could there have been on Brown for anyone to look at?

Allegany had all year to scout Johnson. How much film could there have been on Brown for anyone to look at?

Tons of film. Just change the name to Johnson. If Clearfield wasn't preparing for an inside bruiser and an outside speedster, then what the hell were they preparing for? If all the scouting you have - and any film you have - shows you exactly what you end up facing, then any coach with half a brain will prepare for that. I hold to my perspective. Clearfield was not a quality opponent.

Now, lest you think I am being an Alco homer, the commercial vid (I am watching) shows Alco as a classic Corn team: not prepared and mostly flat early in the game; missed tackles, drive ending penalties, dropped passes, fumbles, and penalties that kept Tech drives alive. Only individual talented efforts by some Alco players determined the outcome.

From the what it's worth department...

National Rankings from MaxPreps:

Fort Hill 892

Clearfield 2,774

Allegany 5,120

Harford Tech. 12,131

From the what it's worth department...

National Rankings from MaxPreps:

Fort Hill 892

Clearfield 2,774

Allegany 5,120

Harford Tech. 12,131

Wow! How is that for updating their records in less than 24 hours after a game. I'm impressed. Basis Max Preps, FH should whip Alco by 80 pts this year. Maybe they will. Or maybe those numbers are last year ending. And since FH beat Douglas by a similar score that they beat Alco, I guess Douglas is also ranked around 5,000. Or, maybe those numbers are totally irrelevant from year to year since this is high school with turnover and JV players moving up. Maybe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT