ADVERTISEMENT

Two in a row for the RIDGE???

bleedred

Franchise Poster
Oct 16, 2001
I'm hearing that the school's admin is all ready making plans for a victory assembly if the Ridge can get a second win in a row on Friday. Banners and Tee shirts will be made and passed out to the student body. This is getting to be really exciting!!!

They play Hedgesville this week, who may literally have become the worst football program in America the last couple years, which is really, really sad.

Anyway, expect "Our Ridge Tops Your Ville" shirts to be printed.

In all seriousness, in looking at the schedule, I expect Mountain Ridge to finish 4-5 this year, with a decent shot of getting to 5-4. They have defeated John Marshall, they will beat Hedgesville, they will beat Northern, and they will beat either Hampshire or Frankfort, hence 4-5. It is not unreasonable to think they could defeat both Hampshire and Frankfort this year, which would get them over the .500 hump to 5-4. But, if I were a betting man, I'd stick with 4-5.

Ridge could improve its record a tad by recruiting one of those elite soccer players they apparently have. Teach him to kick 50 yd field goals. Or, Ridge can wait until luck brings them another quality running back like it did a few years ago. Don't remember the exact year because I have been trying to wipe it from my memory.

Ah yes, Ridge ran all over Allegany, whose tacklers that night imitated guarding our southern border with catch and release. Corn probably had the team during pregame memorize rules for county trout streams. See, can't completely blank it out - worst game of any sport ever played.

Anyhow, go Ridge - just stop the warm up rap music loaded with all the F-bombs.

That's what I like about you Lags, your both a Gentleman, and a Scholar.

One thing's for sure, that Mountain Ridge win over Allegany a few years ago qualifies as perhaps the lowest moment in Allegany football history. If the night they hung 70 on that barnstorming group of Canadians in front of a visiting Jim Refosco was the highest of the highs, that defeat at the hand of the Ridgerunners was certainly the lowest of the low.

Reactions: Lagmeister
Mountain Ridge

Losses to Alco,Keyser,FH. Spring Mills
I think they will beat Frankfort unless Frankfort improves from what I seen last Friday.
Wins: Hedgesville,Hampshire and Northern (Already 1-0 with win over John Marshall)
9 Game Schedule?? 4-5 or 5-4
I think they could be decent just don't see them beating Keyer,Alco or FH more than once every 10 years.

Mountain Ridge

Losses to Alco,Keyser,FH. Spring Mills
I think they will beat Frankfort unless Frankfort improves from what I seen last Friday.
Wins: Hedgesville,Hampshire and Northern (Already 1-0 with win over John Marshall)
9 Game Schedule?? 4-5 or 5-4
I think they could be decent just don't see them beating Keyer,Alco or FH more than once every 10 years.

If Alco keeps adding wringles to the pistol they could go along way this year with the talent they have. But can they just not beat themselves.

but adding all those wrinkles to the pistol, could cause Alco to shoot themselves in the foot.

My exact words posted in the other thread. But they gotta do it. Can't give up with these kids. They have deserved better for some time.

My exact words posted in the other thread. But they gotta do it. Can't give up with these kids. They have deserved better for some time.
I agree

I agree Lags, I would like to see them have a successful campaign, but lose to FH twice in respectable games. They deserve a good season, but not at the expense of my Sentinels and state title #5

After one game, and we all know what that means, I can see them finishing anywhere from 6-3 to 4-5. If they play like they did against John Marshall I see them going 6-3 with loses to Allegany, Keyser and Fort Hill. Hampshire, Frankfort and Spring Mills games are close games that I think the Miners' pull out.

I have to say that even after watching them in the two scrimmages I was pleasantly surprised with how well they looked against John Marshall. They have a lot to improve on but they do have some talent. John Marshall had three times the amount of players as Mountain Ridge and after the first three minutes it was good to see the fight in the Miners'. I am a little scared with the number situation when it comes to the second half of the games and season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT