ADVERTISEMENT

The sky...

MCsoccerplex

All State Poster
Aug 20, 2007
isn’t falling.

Oh, no! FH only won by 14!

Yes, penalties and turnovers are part of the game. Last night, FH had 2-3 penalties at critical times. Otherwise, the score could have potentially been 49 - 7. I say the latter because the defense of the Railroaders had no answer for the FH rushing attack. Two critical penalties kept Railroader drives alive and allowed Brunswick to take substantial time off the clock.

High school football fans who post on this board are rather fickle.

Several weeks ago, the QB from Cathedral was considered the best QB to play at Greenway this year. Now, there are those who claim the QB from Brunswick was the best. I’ll stay with the former.

The fickle FH football fans cry one minute for a desire for more competitive games. Then, they are critical when there is a game in which FH only wins by two TDs. Playoff games should bring the best out of teams that are considered “underdogs.”

Last night’s FH - Brunswick game and the 3A upset simply show there have probably been teams from throughout the state that were playoff worthy in the past, but did not make it under past guidelines.

Keep in mind, as mentioned by Waggle in another thread, Brunswick and Catoctin were tied at 21 in the third quarter last week.

I could be completely wrong, but I do believe FH’s second round opponent will be an easier foe than Brunswick.

Do I believe this FH team is as solid as recent teams? No, I don’t. At the same time, I certainly would not be surprised if FH prevails in the West Region.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT