ADVERTISEMENT

The FH defense has yet to be scored on

By any means did I say they played great pass defense. Nor did I say they were perfect against MCC. That is not at all what I said. The fact is you have to play an entire game and just not the first “45 minutes”. It was a team effort to pull out the win. If the defense didn’t make some key plays the score ends 56-47 by your train of thought, no?

Last edited:
You can’t beat someone down 2 td’s if the defense didn’t make a stand somewhere. Why do you proceed to make more assumptions from that statement than is intended.

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
No, they weren't. No defense that ever gave up 40+ points was instrumental in a win. That's just common sense

If #4 doesn't make a drive ending interception in the 4th quarter the comeback doesnt start. That lead to a TD and got the momentum shifted.

If you don't think defensive plays like that were instrumental to that comeback win, then you are simply arguing just to argue. Or you are just simple.

If #4 doesn't make a drive ending interception in the 4th quarter the comeback doesnt start. That lead to a TD and got the momentum shifted.

If you don't think defensive plays like that were instrumental to that comeback win, then you are simply arguing just to argue. Or you are just simple.

Here's one of my for what it's worth comments: In all the years I have seen sports' analysts discuss a game I have never heard one say a defense was instrumental in winning a game when they gave up a high number of points and the offense had to make a desperation drive to win. Never.

Let us not forget that Allegany got an interception against Dunbar and went up a score. Alco's offense kept churning away and won. I do not recall a single comment posted here by me or anyone else commenting how their defense was instrumental in the win. In fact, the consensus was that Allegany's offense carried the day and that their defense had problems against the pass. Bottom line: MCC and Dunbar lived by the pass and on a given day they died by the pass.

Sure, FH's defense made some plays, but mostly they didn't. I don't see how that makes them instrumental in the win. Then again, we are talking semantics. I entered the discussion because I am pretty sure that if this were an Alco game this thread would be loaded with ridicule if someone defended Allegany's defense.

Reactions: towpath94

Here's one of my for what it's worth comments: In all the years I have seen sports' analysts discuss a game I have never heard one say a defense was instrumental in winning a game when they gave up a high number of points and the offense had to make a desperation drive to win. Never.

Let us not forget that Allegany got an interception against Dunbar and went up a score. Alco's offense kept churning away and won. I do not recall a single comment posted here by me or anyone else commenting how their defense was instrumental in the win. In fact, the consensus was that Allegany's offense carried the day and that their defense had problems against the pass. Bottom line: MCC and Dunbar lived by the pass and on a given day they died by the pass.

Sure, FH's defense made some plays, but mostly they didn't. I don't see how that makes them instrumental in the win. Then again, we are talking semantics. I entered the discussion because I am pretty sure that if this were an Alco game this thread would be loaded with ridicule if someone defended Allegany's defense.
Where did a FH fan say they were instrumental in a win? That was all onering. Everyone was trying to say that the defense had to come up big at some point with them being down 14.

Once again, yes the defense gave up 40 points but LOOK AT THE OFFENSE THEY WERE TRYING TO STOP. But when the forth quarter rolled around the defense held their own giving the offense the ability to mount the 14 point comeback.

Where did a FH fan say they were instrumental in a win? That was all onering. Everyone was trying to say that the defense had to come up big at some point with them being down 14.

Once again, yes the defense gave up 40 points but LOOK AT THE OFFENSE THEY WERE TRYING TO STOP. But when the forth quarter rolled around the defense held their own giving the offense the ability to mount the 14 point comeback.

"Where did a FH fan say they were instrumental in a win?"

Look below:

"If you don't think defensive plays like that were instrumental to that comeback win, then you are simply arguing just to argue. Or you are just simple." - Notice what I was responding to.

My point here is that this forum isn't divided by the all knowledgeable, objective types while others are emotional, subjective fanboys. We are all subjective in our own way. And that's fine. Doesn't make anybody lacking or simple.

FH by 14.....

By any means did I say they played great pass defense. Nor did I say they were perfect against MCC. That is not at all what I said. The fact is you have to play an entire game and just not the first “45 minutes”. It was a team effort to pull out the win. If the defense didn’t make some key plays the score ends 56-47 by your train of thought, no?
If the defense made stops earlier, you are saying that fort hill would have needed a last second field goal?

Where did I say that? It was BrianH who was slurping the defense because they hadn't been scored upon. All I asked is what happened. Still haven't gotten an answer.

If you are saying one interception in a game in which you got burnt 8 other times is instrumental then you deserve to be ostracized. Either that or you are just butthurt that someone made a point you can't counter.

You can’t beat someone down 2 td’s if the defense didn’t make a stand somewhere. Why do you proceed to make more assumptions from that statement than is intended.

You can't be down 2 tds if the if you dont give up more plays than you make. Just because you like a team doesn't mean you have to give up logic to defend them.

You can't be down 2 tds if the if you dont give up more plays than you make. Just because you like a team doesn't mean you have to give up logic to defend them.
Just because you dislike a team doesn’t make you correct. So what you are telling me is the FH offense won this game all on their own? Is that what you are telling me? I didn’t create the thread but don’t be butthurt by it eaither.

Just because you dislike a team doesn’t make you correct. So what you are telling me is the FH offense won this game all on their own? Is that what you are telling me? I didn’t create the thread but don’t be butthurt by it eaither.
Yes. Are you really saying the defense did anything by allowing 40 points, just because you can't be objective? You may not have created the thread, but don't cry because your defense gave up 40 points.

And since we are doing this now on here - what does EAITHER mean?

Lmao. There we go. Ya got me so good on that one. I didn’t like giving up 40 but at least it took 6 D1 level players to do it. Lmao. Peace out.
So many excuses. At least you made one play. Too bad a simple, straight forward question stumped you.

Who made excuses? You’re boring me son with trolling antics. I’m done with you.
You did. That's what anyone would call your D1 remark. Too bad you couldn't answer one simple question.

Stop being a fanboy punk. It just makes you look even less educated than you actually are.

Hello FortHillFan89...you fanboy punk. I'm Money316, I'm a troll. I hope we can find reason to carry on after such brutal attacks from ol' scooter.

And please stop misspelling words...(3 dots) it upsets scooter.

Hello FortHillFan89...you fanboy punk. I'm Money316, I'm a troll. I hope we can find reason to carry on after such brutal attacks from ol' scooter.

Uh ohh, someone's account is now flooded with tears and he'll have to make a new one since he's come out of the basement as a troll. Poor Skippy. Someone asked a question he couldn't answer and his panties get wadded.

BTW, ellipses have a space on each side. You're better than this, but like the Fort Hill defense, you got shredded.

Don't post for FHF89, Webster. He needs to learn how to pick himself up. Besides, Mr. Papadopoulos will get angry with you for disobeying him.
Poor little Webster is gonna be a little boy forever.

Don't post for FHF89, Webster. He needs to learn how to pick himself up. Besides, Mr. Papadopoulos will get angry with you for disobeying him.
Poor little Webster is gonna be a little boy forever.
You posted for lag, why couldn’t he post for FHF89?

You posted for lag, why couldn’t he post for FHF89?
He said don't post for lag. Why would he turn around and post for someone else?
And don't post for Webster. He's a grown little man. Besides, Mr. Papadopoulos will get jealous.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT