ADVERTISEMENT

STATE CHAMPIONSHIP HERE WE COME

BrianH1974

Blue Chip Poster
May 2, 2005
The big red boys are clicking on all cylinders baby! Unstoppable! Ty Johnson cannot be tackled or caught. Barnes is a beast. the offensive line is massive.Nobody beats Fort Hill. State championship here we come. 28 in a row!

Don't jinx us. We have to stay healthy and we have lots of football left. Yes they can do it. We just need to stay healthy.

I did like Barnes' run on the second or 3rd & long. KI could not bring him down until he had the first down!

If Ty Johnson stays healthy then yeah FH wins it all. If he goes down then FH has no chance...

No chance is a broad statement. Don't get me wrong Ty needs to stay healthy but this coaching staff does amazing things and the players respond.

Barnes and Ty are a team effort... Ty has amazing talent, Barnes has amazing heart. If FH doesn't have either one of those players they become 1 dimensional. It takes half a team to bring Barnes down, and Ty finds a crease and he's gone. But one can't do their givin ability without the threat of the other. So in no way would it be just Ty that has the weight of the state championship on his shoulders. They need a complete team!

I was pleased with the result tonight vs a very solid Kent Island team. Even though I never felt like FH was threatened or the game was in doubt, this KI team hit hard and pushed us around pretty good. As a few friends of mine were saying after the game, KI reminds you of FH in the late 90s early 2000s...three yards and a cloud of dust. Hit hard, smash mouth, ball control football. Can't play from behind. Nice game and complete effort all game from FH. Lots of contributions on the team, but Johnson was "otherworldly" again!! FH can win it all, but let's not jump ahead of ourselves, like someone said we have a lot of football left and we have to stay healthy.

You remember Trimble and Peck? Green, you are old! Just kidding, I remember them too!

Kent Island coaches kept commenting after the game about the mammoth offensive line Fort Hill maintains. I never really thought about how big they are now that they are all healthy, but it is pretty impressive for a 1A school.

Starting line versus Kent Island
TE - Ryan Shives - 6'1, 243
OT - Wilbert Page - 6'2, 280
OG - Danny May - 6'0, 205
C - Tanner Brode - 6'0, 240
OG Timmy Friend - 6'2, 277
OT Josh Roberts - 6'4, 277

And out of that group, only two of them are playing on both sides of the ball full-time.

Other nice comments...head coach said if Ty Johnson touches the ball 10 times, he is guaranteed to score on 1 or 2 of those plays from any spot on the field.

Said they didn't realize what a beast Alex Barnes was. Their players were respectively in awe of Alex afterwards.

Said they thought the FH secondary was too legit/quick to throw on. If Kent Island did get a receiver open the DBs would close the gap in the blink of an eye. Realized they had to run the ball, which they did from midway through the second quarter to the end of the game. Ever since the playoffs started last season, FH defends the spread as good as any high school team I have seen at the 1A and 2A level. Granted they have some quality athletes back there, but the summer 7-on-7 stuff really helped make this possible...meaning they understand the spread. I believe if a team is going to beat FH it will have to be with power football.

This post was edited on 10/18 2:22 AM by TDHelmick

Glad I made the trip from Charles Town & like the improvement from the Quad. Most impressed on the passing game & pass defense, but maybe most pleased on the physical play and hustle (nothing new for FH). Agree, if a better team will be able to score it likely will be running. Wishing the best on their journey to 14 wins!

Bleed red I've can tell stories from 1965. From Dutch Beirman , Bill Meister. Rusty Kunis. Gary Hare to Greg Hare. Manges , to Peck and Trimble !!!

This post was edited on 10/19 9:54 AM by GREEN75

Does anyone know if Fort Hill will be going to KI next year? The KI fans around me was wondering that also. I told them I didn't know, but if they do, prepare for a crowd. Not only were they impressed with Barnes and Johnson, they were also impressed with the stadium, saying it was like going to a college stadium. Of course the few Alco fans sitting there had to point out they also play there,and how FH acts and thinks it belongs to them only.

Originally posted by FortHillFan89:
Did they tell them it was built for FH but we had to share it because they whined?Ugh, let's see, folks come to town and see Greenway as it is and it is suggested that Greenway was for FH until Alco whined. In that case, Dunbar went to 2A because FH whined. So there.

This post was edited on 10/20 7:55 PM by Lagmeister

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT