ADVERTISEMENT

Southern vs Fort Hill part 2

Southern feels like they got cheated. They believe FH got away with it due to not enough evidence. FH believes they were falsely accused of cheating and wants to make Southern pay for it. Both teams will be fired up. I wonder if the coaches will shake hands after the game? There is alot of tension and if some of these players get jawing things could turn ugly quick.

Reactions: 4R341
Southern feels like they got cheated. They believe FH got away with it due to not enough evidence. FH believes they were falsely accused of cheating and wants to make Southern pay for it. Both teams will be fired up. I wonder if the coaches will shake hands after the game? There is alot of tension and if some of these players get jawing things could turn ugly quick.
I agree. Will this game be officiated tightly with a lot of fouls or will the be allowed to get chippy. I hope it’s neither and it’s a good clean football game but in this season nothing’s for certain.

The coaches should deal with it, between themselves. It should not have anything to do with the players, parents or fans

Reactions: FHHSAHS
What's even more disconcerting than the fact that these are adults acting like this, is in particular who some of them are.
According to PowerRamRight, these are normal people who are just showing support for their children in community activities.

Reactions: camper21502
If FH can throw the ball like they did against Allegany, then I agree that they'll win by 21. Otherwise, I see Southern upsetting the Sentinels 14-10. Especially if #26 is out due to a shoulder injury.
it was a fluke.

They threw the ball good, but that was against a horrible confused defense of backs. They have looked lost all year. FH will not see defense backs that bad thru the playoffs

I don't disagree that the defense played into helping the passing game some. But throws were on the money and the patterns were we'll run. The first reception to Smith was on a busted defense by the Alco DB,he turned the wrong way. But the deep routes and the out patterns were run very well. And #19 was able to stand tall in the pocket. Not to mention the Gusty winds. The play action was there all day against the 6-2 defense Alco stayed in.

I don't think it's a fluke when a QB goes 6 for 6 and almost 100 yards passing. I'm not even sure they've called 6 passing plays in one game yet this year. I'm hoping if nothing else it gives opposing teams a few extra things to think about when scouting and gives the QB and offensive coordinator some confidence in going to the pass more often.

I'm really looking forward to this matchup Friday, in spite of the other drama from the previous game. I think the kids will keep their heads on fine and just play the game.

I don't disagree that the defense played into helping the passing game some. But throws were on the money and the patterns were we'll run. The first reception to Smith was on a busted defense by the Alco DB,he turned the wrong way. But the deep routes and the out patterns were run very well. And #19 was able to stand tall in the pocket. Not to mention the Gusty winds. The play action was there all day against the 6-2 defense Alco stayed in.

I don't think it's a fluke when a QB goes 6 for 6 and almost 100 yards passing. I'm not even sure they've called 6 passing plays in one game yet this year. I'm hoping if nothing else it gives opposing teams a few extra things to think about when scouting and gives the QB and offensive coordinator some confidence in going to the pass more often.

I'm really looking forward to this matchup Friday, in spite of the other drama from the previous game. I think the kids will keep their heads on fine and just play the game.
Mt. Ridge scored 47, Williamsport scored 49, Boonesboro scored 55...putting up 38 is really not that impressive. It is a fluke they went 6 for 6 even against a very very weak defense. It won't happen again.

A perfect completion percentage and 100 yards passing may not happen again. But I think you'll start to see a little more of the pass worked in. Appel (and his staff) knows what he's doing.

Mt. Ridge scored 47, Williamsport scored 49, Boonesboro scored 55...putting up 38 is really not that impressive. It is a fluke they went 6 for 6 even against a very very weak defense. It won't happen again.
We will have to wait and see.

Throwing against a weak defense only builds confidence.

Throwing against a weak defense only builds confidence.
Exactly. Haven't people been saying all year that FH should be practicing the passing game against teams that they are firmly winning against?

I'd venture to say that even though Alleganys defense is down this year they are a better challenge to throw the pass against than a silver oak or a Reginald Lewis.

Yes, and Fort Hill put up 56 against MR, and those three teams mentiioned gave up an average of 26 points to the Campers. Out of the four games, it appears FH was the only team that played defense against the Campers.

I'll take 38-0 over 47-24, 49-28, and 55-26 any day. :)

People keep talking about the Alco defense and how poor it is, even their own fans. But to tell the truth the Alco offense and all those powerful backs didn't score a single point the last 2 games. They were completely shut out. I see nothing different out of this offense as to what Preaskorn did with it.

Yes, its no better than preskorn. They kept the coaches. They should have cleared house and got all new coaches.

People keep talking about the Alco defense and how poor it is, even their own fans. But to tell the truth the Alco offense and all those powerful backs didn't score a single point the last 2 games. They were completely shut out. I see nothing different out of this offense as to what Preaskorn did with it.
Not much you can do when your line is that bad on both sides of the ball. Alco has 10 kids that play both ways and that takes alot out of your lineman who are not very good to begin with. When you have the fastest kid on the field and he cant get past the line of scrimmage somethings wrong. I believe Powell is our best rb but his lack of carries tells me the coaches disagree. I dont see what everyone else does in our FB. He's pretty average to me but the coaches think he's an All Star, the same way they do with our QB who is awful.

Honestly I don’t think the kids on the field will give a lot of thought to the whole situation. It was more between coaches and hopefully that is over now. I think they just want to get on the field and play the game and see who moves on. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think these two teams are too fond of each other but I think there is a respect there for what they have accomplished and the hard fought battle last time. I predict a tight game with #3 again with at least 3 Fg’s. Southern takes advantage of a turnover and wins 20 to 16 in an upset.

Honestly I don’t think the kids on the field will give a lot of thought to the whole situation. It was more between coaches and hopefully that is over now. I think they just want to get on the field and play the game and see who moves on. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think these two teams are too fond of each other but I think there is a respect there for what they have accomplished and the hard fought battle last time. I predict a tight game with #3 again with at least 3 Fg’s. Southern takes advantage of a turnover and wins 20 to 16 in an upset.
I believe third shut out in a row FH 28 0.

Reactions: Red White and True
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT