ADVERTISEMENT

SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO!?

purpleace

All State Poster
Oct 22, 2010
BRO ROB IS STILL IN THE AIR!WHATS GOIN ON WITH THE DRINKIN/RUNNIN AROUND ON EACH OTHER AS THE BAND THAT NEVER SHOWSUP;JUST PLAYS ON &ON &ON;ALCO WHERE HAVE YOU GONE?KORN DOESNT WANTHE band TO SHOWUP THIS YEAR?WILL HE?PREDICTION NEW COACH AT ALLEGANY!FILM AT 11?

Korn leaving would be bad for fort hill. They might get a coach that knows football... If we could just get the fort hill baseball coaches to leave we might beat alco this year...I hear there are some good players comming up

Got a question for you all. Can players from Fort Hill and Alco just go back and forth between schools any year they chose? Not trying to be a smart%$& but I truly don't know. Do players have to sit out for a season? Do they have to live within the school district of where they attend?

Technically, they have to live within the school district they attend and play for, unless they have an out of district permit. Out of district permits are handed out like candy, anyone can get them if they say the right things. The problem is that the home lives of many kids in Allegany County are so screwed up many kids legitimately have reasons for attending a different school than where they first start. By extension, the fact that so many people legitimately get them means it's easy to trump up a reason that nobody will investigate or question. Despite anything anyone in an official capacity tells you, many, many kids in Allegany County literally just decide where they want to go and then make it work, officially or unofficially.

There are Fort Hill kids living down the street from Allegany and Allegany kids living down the street from Fort Hill, and it's just not football, it's every activity.

That being said, it can happen in Mineral County too, it's not as common because Keyser and Frankfort are pretty far from each other, but it has still happened . If they were in the same city I think you would see it there too.

yeah I live on the west side and my kids have always went to FH, I get all 4 of them out of district permits. one year they tried to tell me they weren't going to accept my youngest so I told them okay my new address is ........ because I own two houses. one on both sides of town. Case was closed and they now just give us the permits each year.
If they would just have one city school it would make it easier for the Cumberland kids but no reason kids from Rawlings pass by my house to FH and my kids are supposed to go to Alco and that will never happen. :)

You guys are forgetting about Mountain Ridge. They seem to attract more female students, and not just from the Allegany County. Last year they had a girl who lived in WV play. They have also had girls from Mexico Farms play for them as well. Bottom line is it happens, it's easy, and it's not just about football.

Reactions: hbpass2
Did they do away with the one year ineligibility transfer rule? Or do in-county transfers still have to wait out a year after changing schools without an address switch?

There is a kid that went to ALCO this year and transferred over to FH( out of district permit) from what I understand he is not able to play FH baseball , rather this is a school, coach or board decision I can't answer that .. But what I will say no matter who made the decisions I agree with it 100% , parents and kids leaving schools because things don't go there way or they don't like a coach is life. Deal with it and the kid will be a much better adult, in life things don't always go your way. Face your problems or issues and resolve it and move on , mommy & daddy is not always gonna be there to make sure your treated fair in life. Just my opinion

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
The kid from Alco isn't playing baseball cause he broke his hand last month. He never played baseball at Alco so he's eligible to play for FH. He only played football at Alco.

I'm not really pushing for or against the transfer rule, just wondered if it was still there.

And while i agree with the sentiment that you shouldn't just be switching schools because you get mad at a coach or you dont play enough or whatever...there are many other circumstances that come into play. In the end, its a personal and family decision.

And honestly, if you go to any school in the county you should be getting the same education (if you dont, then that's the Board of Eds issue to address). But if you do well in classes and get good grades and you meet the criteria to play school sports...then in all reality, why does it matter where you play? So what?

I don't care what the rule is. But can we make it clear and enforce it for every student. That's the problem.

I'm not sure that there is a rule to enforce in Allegany County. To tell you the truth, I really don't want to see one. The County/State have a duty to provide a student an education. I feel that it's up to Mom and Dad to choose where they're going to send little Johnny (or Sally) to get that education. Any law that restricts that choice takes away a little piece of freedom. I feel that too many times in today's world, we, as a society, are too eager to give up the little "freedoms" in life that we tend to take for granted.

As far as OOD permits go, the Board will always back down because, legally, they can't stop a parent from placing a child in a specific school. Requiring permits is just a smokescreen to give the illusion that they are in control.

Honestly this is the last I even look or comment on this thread . it's probably the most ridiculous topic I've seen on this board .I should know better to comment on a thread that looks like 5th grader started . And apparently purple ace only post in caps and is a juvenile testing the waters for the kids involved.

Yeah Wing, I know that Purple started this thread and yes he wrote in his own sort of weird way. Then the thread was hijacked by Kkram. At that point it started to get good. This thread went from Purple's jabs at what's going on at Alco (that I really don't care about) to intercounty transfers, can trigger a whole lot of good discussion, Don't let dumb things get to you and post when you want.

bleedred, you hit the nail on the head. In the end, its all about education. And if you want to transfer from one school to another because you want to play football for that school..and you're still going to get a good education, then it really is no one else's business. Like I said, if there is any meat to an argument that you get a better education at one school over another, then that is a problem within the public school system...period.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT