ADVERTISEMENT

Radio coverage

Let me shed some light on the the subject. In December, Forever Media from Holidaysburg took ownership of WTBO, WFRB am/fm, and WKGO - GO106. All decisions about format and sports have been made by the powers to be in Holidaysburg and not locally. WKGO is now WRQE - Rocky 106 and is to be the home for Pittsburgh Steelers broadcasts. WFRB AM - Talk Radio 560 is airing Orioles Baseball.
WTBO AM 1450/ 105.7 the River is no more and has been replaced by HAPPY 105.7 fm / WTBO AM 1450. The plan at this point is to broadcast FH football on AM 1450 WTBO, but not on HAPPY 105.7. Mountain Ridge Football coverage has been dropped from 560. Again those decisions were not made by local management/staff, but by corporate headquarters in Holidaysburg.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
The reception for Orioles games out of Frostburg is not good in Cumberland. Depends on where you are :(

I have to say that I am very disappointed to hear this news. I usually listen to every MR game once it hits online and use it as a big tool to the story I do for each game. It is nice to not have to worry about doing a lot of writing while I am at the game. Gives me a chance to still be a fan. Hopefully they can find another way to air MR games this fall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT