ADVERTISEMENT

Queen City Quad update

TDHelmick

Hall of Fame Poster
May 29, 2001
The 10th annual Queen City Quad football scrimmage is this Saturday at 3:00. We had a team bail out at the last minute (Tuscarora) so the Quad is now down to 3 teams.

The scramble to find a replacement in 48 hours is slim to none. But if anyone has a lead pass it on.

Thanks.

The 10th annual Queen City Quad football scrimmage is this Saturday at 3:00. We had a team bail out at the last minute (Tuscarora) so the Quad is now down to 3 teams.

The scramble to find a replacement in 48 hours is slim to none. But if anyone has a lead pass it on.

Thanks.

Todd, check your MySpace for a message from Paw Paw Athletic Director Delmer Delawder.

In all seriousness, this sucks, I always appreciate the Quad and the work you and others put into it. It's a great day, one of my favorites. Maybe a miracle can happen. It will still be a great day though.

I have a commercial to promote my lemonade for the Alco and FH games. An overweight 50 something man emerges from the Paw Paw tunnel with a Paw Paw Football old cut off jersey on, tight 1970s shorts, knee high socks, etc. He is greeted by a group of young elementary school kids all noodling for catfish. One of the kids hands him a Paw Paw lemonade and the older Paw Paw man chugs it, smiles, takes his shirt off (pay no mind to the hair on his back) and tosses it to the kid. The kid then lets out a WV mountain yodel, a bunch of people on a nearby picnic start firing off their shotguns and the kids all hold up their arms in jubilation while 3 of the kids have a catfish up to their elbow they caught noodling. The kid rings out the sweat off the jersey, smells it, makes a face and says thanks Coach Delawder. The old man smiles with a twinkle coming from his gold tooth. He then walks back through the tunnel (pay no mind to the hair on his back) with Almost Heaven music being played by the New York Philharmonic orchestra in the background. An old beat up pickup rolls by hauling a motor home, a deer rack and inflatable rafts with a title screen end shot that says "It's the mountain water that makes the difference."

More ideas are welcome. It's a 60 second cut.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lagmeister
I have a commercial to promote my lemonade for the Alco and FH games. An overweight 50 something man emerges from the Paw Paw tunnel with a Paw Paw Football old cut off jersey on, tight 1970s shorts, knee high socks, etc. He is greeted by a group of young elementary school kids all noodling for catfish. One of the kids hands him a Paw Paw lemonade and the older Paw Paw man chugs it, smiles, takes his shirt off (pay no mind to the hair on his back) and tosses it to the kid. The kid then lets out a WV mountain yodel, a bunch of people on a nearby picnic start firing off their shotguns and the kids all hold up their arms in jubilation while 3 of the kids have a catfish up to their elbow they caught noodling. The kid rings out the sweat off the jersey, smells it, makes a face and says thanks Coach Delawder. The old man smiles with a twinkle coming from his gold tooth. He then walks back through the tunnel (pay no mind to the hair on his back) with Almost Heaven music being played by the New York Philharmonic orchestra in the background. The title screen says "It's the mountain water that makes it great."

Great play on a classic theme.

I have a commercial to promote my lemonade for the Alco and FH games. An overweight 50 something man emerges from the Paw Paw tunnel with a Paw Paw Football old cut off jersey on, tight 1970s shorts, knee high socks, etc. He is greeted by a group of young elementary school kids all noodling for catfish. One of the kids hands him a Paw Paw lemonade and the older Paw Paw man chugs it, smiles, takes his shirt off (pay no mind to the hair on his back) and tosses it to the kid. The kid then lets out a WV mountain yodel, a bunch of people on a nearby picnic start firing off their shotguns and the kids all hold up their arms in jubilation while 3 of the kids have a catfish up to their elbow they caught noodling. The kid rings out the sweat off the jersey, smells it, makes a face and says thanks Coach Delawder. The old man smiles with a twinkle coming from his gold tooth. He then walks back through the tunnel (pay no mind to the hair on his back) with Almost Heaven music being played by the New York Philharmonic orchestra in the background. An old beat up pickup rolls by hauling a motor home, a deer rack and inflatable rafts with a title screen end shot that says "It's the mountain water that makes the difference."

Now this is a winning idea for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT