ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Landon defensive end Tommy Kenary

Maryland Varsity

Jul 18, 2013
How did the high school football season go overall?
“Overall, I think our season went really well. We finally beat a big arch rival, Bullis, in a really tough game down to the wire. It involved everyone on the team, and it was great to see us pull it off. Overall there is much room to improve with the young guys and teaching them how to play as a team. It was a great season to build off of and send our seniors off proudly.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“I just finished up my hockey season, which took a little time off of my workouts, but the rugby season is starting up again in a couple days. There we workout very often and it will be a good developmental time for football skills with the physicality the sport demands.

What are you trying to improve on the most as a player?
“Personally, I want to work on keeping my speed and aggressiveness consistent for an entire game as I will be asked to play more than last year. I want to work on keeping my motor strong not just for myself, but also to be a good example for my teammates.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I think our team will definitely have some holes since we lost some really good seniors, but we have a lot of fighters that are willing to work. If we all buy into the team goals, we will be very successful.”

Who do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule next season?
“Bullis and Prep are two teams I have circled on my calendar. Bullis is always a very talented team with a lot of threats and Prep has some guys as well that need to be shut down. I think those two will be especially tough games.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“Yes, I have been playing sports for my entire life and I plan on continuing that competitive spirit that athletics provides me. I currently would like to play football in college.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“Currently I have spoken to both Patriot League and Ivy League schools and I have been really impressed with all of them. Nothing official has been worked out yet, but I am looking forward to looking deeper at these schools.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“I don’t want to get into too much detail about this, but all the schools I have talked to have shown a good interest.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“So far, I have toured and watched a football game at UPenn and Princeton. I enjoyed both of their lovely campuses and great games.”

Do you have plans for more trips soon?
“Yes, I plan on making a big trip in the spring to look at all the schools I have talked to and many others mostly in the Northeast.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“My Dad went to Harvard, so I have always cheered for them in big sports events, especially hockey and football games. I also grew up watching Georgetown basketball games and football games at Maryland, my mom’s school. I also liked them growing up.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News