ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Damascus tight end Matthew Betterelli

Maryland Varsity

Jul 18, 2013
What have you been doing as of late with your workouts?
“I’ve been working out and that is what I’ve been doing. I work with a trainer and work on speed stuff.”

What have you improved on the most since football wrapped up?
“100% my speed. I ran a 4.9 and I’ve been happy to get my 40-under 5. That has helped me with my routes and I have gotten better with my cuts.”

How do you feel about your first opponent of the football season in Blake?
“I know that they are really working hard and that they are not going to back down. They are going to come into the game ready. We won’t overlook any team and not week one. We’ll be prepared.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I would say the schools that are most interested is Towson. I’ve started talking to their recruiting coach. Their tight end coach followed me on twitter and I went up there for a spring practice. They wanted to see me at camp and I did really good. They said that they’d call later and talk about more stuff.”

What college camps have you done this summer?
“I just got home from Boston College and I went to Towson as well. I went to a Stony Brook, Richmond, and Cincinnati camp. I performed really well at the majority of them. I know I could have done better at Stony Brook. It was a good camp season and it went well.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I might be done with camps but visit wise, Bentley. They saw me at a camp and really want me to come and visit. I’ll probably go out there for a visit.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News