ADVERTISEMENT

Preaskorn

Obviously it's premature not being official at this point, but any names being thrown around as potential lead candidates or who may seek the position.

Don't know anything about why he resigned, frankly, it's none of my business. Let's just thank him for the time he devoted to the kids and wish him the best.

With that said, it's awful late for a coach to resign. I'm thinking that a new HC will come from within the system. Bringing in someone new, who may want to change things, would be a huge disadvantage for Alco early on.

Allegany County Public Schools has announced that Bryan Hansel, math teacher at Braddock Middle School, will serve Allegany High School as the interim head football coach for the 2016-2017 season.

Mr. Hansel will fill the vacancy left by Tom Preaskorn's recent resignation. Hansel was a member of Allegany's State Championship team in 2005, when the Campers went 14-0.

He will remain at Braddock in his current capacity as a math teacher while still logistically being able to coach at Allegany. Mr. Preaskorn will also remain in his capacity as a physical education teacher at Allegany.

The stats tell one story and aging Alco fans - self included - trowel out another. If the holy grail of Cumberland football is beating the crosstown rival when you have the talent to do so.... well, Korn came up short too often.

As we close the book on our 'ear of Korn' (era that is...) it would be remiss not to recognize the last two Alco/FH games where Allegany fought valiantly in a losing effort. That is the way Korn should go out.... not wait and go out with a massive mismatch drubbing that is likely to come this year.

Reactions: towpath94
AMAZING!! BIG NEWS for the alco football program. Except for "the Lag", absolutely no feedback by the "Alco faithful".

Last edited:
Ryan Hansel intern Head Coach for 2016 season.
Has Ryan been a coach previously, sorry if I'm out of the loop but I honestly haven't heard his name mentioned before. I also wonder about the timing of a resignation when the next day a coach is announced. I ask because you would think there would be a time frame for all to throw their hat in the ring. If that's the case then this was going on for a while and maybe Tom was told "turn in your resignation today, we're naming a new coach tomorrow"??? I think after all the years he's given to the program this sounds like it went down a little shady.

Reactions: Over the top we go
First of all his name is Bryan not Ryan. Hansel will do a good job, he has been in the staff for 3 or 4 years now

Has Ryan been a coach previously, sorry if I'm out of the loop but I honestly haven't heard his name mentioned before. I also wonder about the timing of a resignation when the next day a coach is announced. I ask because you would think there would be a time frame for all to throw their hat in the ring. If that's the case then this was going on for a while and maybe Tom was told "turn in your resignation today, we're naming a new coach tomorrow"??? I think after all the years he's given to the program this sounds like it went down a little shady.
The kids @ Alco love playing for Bryan Hansel... Think you Korn for the worst 10plus yrs. of Alco Football. You Sir, will not be missed... Go Alco Lets enjoy a new era..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT