ADVERTISEMENT

Players of the year

hbpass2

All State Poster
Dec 5, 2011
What everyone's vote? Mine are
Offensive: rean smith
Defensive: Alcos linebacker. Sorry forgot his name.
POY: Braden brown

If Moorefield is in the voting area, you gotta give the Schoonover kid something. Wow, I really haven't thought much about it.

ScAgree with lettuce, the Schoonover kid is by far the MOST VALUABLE. That can be different from layer of the year, but with his numbers being what they are (40-some touchdowns), he has to get something.

Don't know if Brown gets anything. If Fort Hill used him more , maybe, but I could see him left off.
Might have to go with Brady Ours over Smith as offensive player of the year.

Off.-- R Smith
Def.-- B Poling
POY-- B Brown
Sorry it's all FH , my vote would be hands down ,, as for the LBs from ALCO had nothing on Poling, I would add I think Imes is a great QB at the end of the day he just didn't have the weapons to showcase his potential to get my vote above Smith....

Reactions: hbpass2
Smith for Opy
Conley for Dpy
Schoonover for Poy

There's a lot to choose from. Aside from the off field issues, I'd throw Rodehaver in there for OPY too.

OFF- B. Brown (Fort Hill)
DEF - Kyle Beard (Northern)
POY- Schnoover (Moorefield)

Brown- offensive # speak for themselves.

Beard- 152 tackles, 25 TFL, 11 sacks, 4FF, 3 FR. He did this from nose guard position.

Schnoover - can do everything, is a force at all phases of game. Going to WBU I believe.

Mark McConnell got either offensive player or M.V.P. I don't remember which one in 1987 homecoming game.
I would totally agree though, an O-lineman and D-lineman should be brought up.
I will admit right away I have not watched other teams enough to be fair.

I am a bit surprised . l don't see how Graves is not even mentioned. He stepped into QB and never looked back. He can pass he can run and he can play safety.He is undefeated as starting Quarterback. He played offence and defense and he lead his team to a State Championship.

Honestly, Graves can' be ignored. What a leader, what a runner, what a passer. Undefeated as the starting quarterback and a great defensive player. Wow. this is a tough call, except that I still say Schoonover has to win something, absolutely has to.

It would be interesting with legit voting ,, I agree with the above statement so many good candidates.

The votes are in

POY- Brayden Brown
OPOY- Raen Smith
DPOY- Brayden Poling and Kristian Robinette
COY- Todd Appel

and the powers that be listened. A new lineman award named in honor of Jack Gilmore will be given to Keyser's Cole Weaver

Every winner but Weaver is back next year. I think a case can be made that Schoonover from Moorefield is the best player in the area period. WhIle Moorefield is considered an area team by the newspaper they really are not because they don't play any of the other area teams other than Frankfort. So it's obvious these votes are totally biased toward Cumberland teams because no one will play them but Keyser.

Last edited:
Yes I did call this one .. Hands down , honestly Robinette was just to give ALCO a little something, I'm only saying because I could argue that 3 other players on FH defense could easily have been Co DPOY starting with #4.. congratulations to all the players selected

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
The Schooner boy from Moorefield got robbed, his numbers speaks for itself. Not taking anything from Brown bc he is a great athlete. Poling was a good choice for DPOY!!! He was FH defense captain. Agreed a few players could have been selected from FH defense, not sure if they could have played both ways and still have the numbers they did. Iam sure they will get their chance next year to play both ways. #4 did play some offense on certain plays and special teams. #63 was on special teams also. Don't think he played any offense. Smith was a beast specially in the playoffs. Hope they all hit the weight room and stay health. God Bless

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT