ADVERTISEMENT

Penalties

BIGREDFAN08

Junior Varsity Reader
Nov 27, 2019
***NOTE*** When 2nd team goes in after half time. There are no penalties. Maybe some changes need made? When you are this far in the season there should not be 12+ penalties in a game.

***NOTE*** When 2nd team goes in after half time. There are no penalties. Maybe some changes need made? When you are this far in the season there should not be 12+ penalties in a game.
I completely agree about penalties, however, there were starters, a lot of them, all the way into the 4th quarter.
That brings us back again to why do we have people like #5 in the game in the fourth quarter on a running clock?

Maybe the refs knew the starters are out and give the backups more leeway to play? Not everything is black and white in football. That's for sure.

Please watch the replay when Mikey Allen breaks away on the touchdown run. See if you can find anything that is remotely a hold on that play. To me it looks like chicken wing blocking at its finest

I completely agree about penalties, however, there were starters, a lot of them, all the way into the 4th quarter.
That brings us back again to why do we have people like #5 in the game in the fourth quarter on a running clock?
Exactly . Now #3 got hurt came out gimping after half a few plays later put him in and boom down he went

According to Times-News, Mountain Ridge had 12 penalties for 110 yards on Friday night. Fort Hill had 12 penalties for 105 yards. Not good for week 12 for either squad. Let's hope some of them were of the "phantom" variety and things are cleaned up going forward.

Fort Hill, I believe, only had two penalties during the Joppatowne game. Both on defense. Please correct me if I am in error. No matter, still massively better than last week.

So… did they get their acts together or did the refs? 🤔

I find this in a nutshell to be a difference in officiating philosophies. The local crews call it tight. They pull the flag out quick, a take control and dictate the flow of the game. The opposite with Baltimore area officials. They let them play.

I have also heard this when it comes to basketball officiating. Call it tight up here, let them play down there.

Personally, give me the "let them play" mentality every time please. Its about the players not the men in stripes. When you throw 10-20 flags a game you are deciding outcomes much too often.

I find this in a nutshell to be a difference in officiating philosophies. The local crews call it tight. They pull the flag out quick, a take control and dictate the flow of the game. The opposite with Baltimore area officials. They let them play.

I have also heard this when it comes to basketball officiating. Call it tight up here, let them play down there.

Personally, give me the "let them play" mentality every time please. Its about the players not the men in stripes. When you throw 10-20 flags a game you are deciding outcomes much too often.
Absolutely 100 percent agree. I've always been a believer of if it has no effect on the play, then just play on. I heard this 2nd hand, but last week on Allen's 85 yard td run. The local ref was quoted as saying. " well I'm not sure, but it looked like a block in the back to me." Officiating 101, throw a flag on what you see, not what you think you see. Otherwise leave the laundry in your pocket. Last night 7 total penalties, and I don't think anyone could argue any of them. I hope next week plays out the same. Let the players decide the outcome.

Part of the reason FH fans go apeshit when FH plays downstate or in title games in tight games. They get used to everything getting called, then refs from other jurisdictions let things go and it's 'why didn't you call that ref?' 'theyre holding!' 'thats PI!'

Can't have it both ways. Of course that's FH fans for ya. I know. I'm a recovering serial complainer lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT