ADVERTISEMENT

Next 3 opponents have 17 wins and 1 loss

Tony54

All State Poster
Nov 17, 2018
That’s not even counting Briarwood’s. They were 5 and 0. Then there’s Alco. I hope the fans come out and support FH. Not many schools would schedule like this. As fans were very blessed!

I feel Wadsworth is the best team to play FH since Erie Cathedral Prep. Ironically, both had to come from 4.5 hours away. One of our local radio announcers just told me Wadsworth turned in a 73 man roster. I doubt the Sentinels are looking ahead though, LOL.

Todd would you say this is the strongest FH schedule in some time?
Yes, at least from a 6 game stretch...a weekly grindstone. Mtn Ridge and Alco being better plays a major factor in that analysis obviously.

The 2017 schedule had teeth with Melbourne CC and Friendship Collegiate back-to-back despite lighter foes on the rest of that regular season schedule. However, the stretch FH hit in that post season with Alco, Lackey and Dunbar did them in come Annapolis. Wow, Lackey was really big up front and had a great QB in Middleton. FH was lucky to win in OT.

I always said that if Melbourne and Friendship were not back-to-back, FH could have fared better in DC. I also say that if FH had switched post-season schedules with Dunbar that year that FH beats Dunbar in the title game. However, if if's and but's were candy and nuts, we would all be state champs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony54
I feel Wadsworth is the best team to play FH since Erie Cathedral Prep. Ironically, both had to come from 4.5 hours away. One of our local radio announcers just told me Wadsworth turned in a 73 man roster. I doubt the Sentinels are looking ahead though, LOL.
Speaking of Cathedral Prep. They beat St. Frances 78 to 72 a couple weeks ago. That’s not a typo!. It’s not the St Frances you’re thinking of either. They are in New York.

Be interesting to see how many of their fans make the trip. I know their fans were excited about the game on social media when it was announced.

Reactions: Tony54
Wadsworth will be a big challenge. Ohio football is something else.

As an observer of regional football, I wasn’t surprised by Fort Hill handling Briar Woods. I will be surprised if they beat Wadsworth in a similar manner.

Reactions: ravemwp
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT