ADVERTISEMENT

Morgantown replaces Keyser on FH 2018 schedule

I saw that. I was waiting to hear from you to believe it. Pretty nice semi-local matchup.

Great pick up! Playing Morgantown is a no brainer. Hopefully the series will extend beyond 2 yrs. But I'm just happy to see them on the schedule.

Quality opponent here for both sides. Get to see WV Coach Holgorsen's kid at QB for Morgantown who's verbally committed to North Texas.

This is a good match-up and Motown will bring a nice crowd down the road with them, should be a great night of football at Greenway.

Reactions: ConeyIsland
I have been told Holgorsen has been in contact with Martinsburg about a transfer to Martinsburg next year. And this comes from a person Martinsburg who follows Martinsburg. He left St. Francis apparently before the season started because he was not going to get the starting job. He ended up at Morgantown but may not stay there.

I have been told Holgorsen has been in contact with Martinsburg about a transfer to Martinsburg next year. And this comes from a person Martinsburg who follows Martinsburg. He left St. Francis apparently before the season started because he was not going to get the starting job. He ended up at Morgantown but may not stay there.

I do hope that's not what happens.. wouldn't surprise me though. I think in most cases the kids will be fine if they stay at their school and just keep playing. Holgorsen's kid already has at least the North Texas offer, and I'm sure if he continues to play at Motown he'll earn more. They usually have a pretty solid team every year. Plus it'd be a really good match up if Holgs' kid is playing.

Ben Tate already had numerous offers when he was at Decatur prior to transferring to Snow Hill his senior year, but that was an issue he and his dad had with Bob Knox @ Decatur, allegedly, and not about being on a better team to get recruited.

On the flip, we got a transfer guy our senior year who was certainly a part of helping us win a state title, so from a team aspect I can see the argument both ways. From a recruiting aspect, it definitely made sense though because he had zero offers to that point, and earned offers after coming to play with us.

Good pickup! Will be looking forward to this game. Haven’t seen MoTown in person yet.

Don't know what the team has been like the past couple of years, but it's the type of program you love to ave on your schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT