ADVERTISEMENT

Local teams refusing to play each other debate

Hansel is a roh roh guy, he gets pumped up he gets excited about what he is doing, he puts time into it. He is a great cheerleader, but obviously not a good coach. The assistants aren’t good either. This year they have a good team with size, speed, quickness and power. This should be Alleganys year. If he can’t have a great year this year with the team he has then......

Football is a contact sport, especially on defense. Send Hansel note.

Hansel is a roh roh guy, he gets pumped up he gets excited about what he is doing, he puts time into it. He is a great cheerleader, but obviously not a good coach. The assistants aren’t good either. This year they have a good team with size, speed, quickness and power. This should be Alleganys year. If he can’t have a great year this year with the team he has then......
bro u say this every year. U will eventually be right I guess

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Lol.... really you will see, since this class was sophomores I’ve been saying in 2 more years.

Your point is well taken when applied to a team like FH who knows how to defend the Wing-T. Let's face it, you and I agree on more than we disagree.

My point about FH is that true glory comes from how many Dunbar defenders you dragged down the field not how many wins your school has. Any parent that allows their son to merely belong when they can actually play is.... well, words fail me.

I had the opportunity to put both of my boys in a sports scholarship program and I pushed them to VMI. Best decision of my life and theirs. They were legacy VMI.
Agreed. Wasnt trying to argue a different point, but maybe a different perspective of the same side.

For example, just as you said about FH knowing how to defend the wing-T, you could also say that Dunbar doesnt. Thats sort of like asking did Joe Montana make Jerry Rice better, or did Jerry Rice make Joe Montana better. They are both true.

I'm not saying that aspects of the wing-T shouldn't be kept, but weve seen other offenses come around that help neutralize teams that are bigger and more athletic. I think its going to take something along those lines, instead of trying to catch FH by doing the exact same thing without the same resources they have.

Agreed. Wasnt trying to argue a different point, but maybe a different perspective of the same side.

For example, just as you said about FH knowing how to defend the wing-T, you could also say that Dunbar doesnt. Thats sort of like asking did Joe Montana make Jerry Rice better, or did Jerry Rice make Joe Montana better. They are both true.

I'm not saying that aspects of the wing-T shouldn't be kept, but weve seen other offenses come around that help neutralize teams that are bigger and more athletic. I think its going to take something along those lines, instead of trying to catch FH by doing the exact same thing without the same resources they have.

I saw strong, quick and smallish Alco lineman open cracks that Robinette burst through while Dunbar linebackers were stunned, trying to reach out and stop him. They thought their mere weight would stop him... They tried to pile on to no avail. He accelerated and went another 5 yards. They sucked air and signaled to the bench for relief. You get the idea.

If that game were FH against Dunbar, Robinette's performance would have been considered the greatest achievement in Cumberland football history. Historically, now it's shit because somebody other than FH beat Dunbar - and somebody other than a Fort Hill player carried the football. It's always... we ride the bench... we never lose. But an achievement like Robinette... well it ain't shit.

Last edited:
That sounds like crying to me. Most FH people I know praised Robinette and Alco on that victory. Even more of a feat is winning a title with Dunbar in the same classification. FH has done that twice. Quit pulling the big mean FH supporter BS. Alco beat Dunbar and lost to FH twice that year, and FH represented the West and lost to Dunbar in a hard fought game that was poorly coached. It was great that Alco beat them in week 1 but enough of the histrionics. Lags u like to make 1 pro FH comment to protect yourself against some of these guys on the board when FH wins states. Most of your posts take a jab at FH, whether it’s Appel or a kid that don’t start or the FH fan base. Most of your FH comments are jabs though and that’s ok because u are Alco all the way and that’s ok. But just know that u expose yourself often whether u know it or not. Just know that FH has won 5 out of 6 State titles, beat Allegany 16 times in a row or more, lost 3 games in 4 years, placed 1 in the NFL and 3 soon to be 4 at the D1 level on scholarship, and broke the md playoff record by being in the title game 6 times in a row. Alco beat Dunbar 1 time at the beginning of the year and u want to pound your chest. I was for Alco that nite so I will pound mine too. Who roots for Dunbar besides u jaded Alco supporters that root for them to do what u can’t? Go Big Red Lags!

Last edited:
Reactions: 52 to victory
That sounds like crying to me. Most FH people I know praised Robinette and Alco on that victory. Even more of a feat is winning a title with Dunbar in the same classification. FH has done that twice. Quit pulling the big mean FH supporter BS. Alco beat Dunbar and lost to FH twice that year, and FH represented the West and lost to Dunbar in a hard fought game that was poorly coached. It was great that Alco beat them in week 1 but enough of the histrionics

Even more of a feat is winning a title with Dunbar in the same classification. - Are you shitting me?? Like ... are you out of your mind? I get it... you watch the game but you refuse to see it. I go to FH and Alco.. I have never seen such a performance. Denial makes you look.. well shit.. whatever it make you look.

I have enjoyed Alco and Fh football for years. But this young man's performance was the best effort I have ever seen. We must remember... He carried the football dragging defenders down the field. those of you who don't think so should kiss his ass and give him an hour to draw a crowd.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoyznBlue
Those Dunbar kids are the least prepared in week 1 Eddy. Look at this year. Alco was down 14-8 at the half before the weather. Come on Laggy face the facts. Dunbar’s coach said it himself week 1 and week 14 Dunbar is a different team. Literally

Reactions: 52 to victory
I hear ya the Robinette performance in that game may have been the best I have ever seen. I was a fan of that kid. He was a horse to say the least. But what I’m asking u not to do is use that game as a way to knock FH.

Honestly that was a few years ago and Alco caught them off guard early in the season. Christian Welch this year will compare very closely to Roninette. Christian got real big from last year and it’s all muscle. The difference is Christian will have good players and a team around him

True Don’t use that game to put FH down. The funny thing is you are talking about transfers that FH get. Robinette lived right in south end red territory

True Don’t use that game to put FH down. The funny thing is you are talking about transfers that FH get. Robinette lived right in south end red territory

When in town I prefer going to a FH game much more than an Alllegany game. The fans, the bands and festivities are much better. FH makes me feel more like home!

I’ve watched this board for 15 years. I’ll admit it. It’s been fun. Reading that last long post over again that I wrote more than tells me it’s time to go. My son graduated this year and to tell the truth I don’t have a dog in it anymore other than just to wish the Sentinels well. I do wish Allegany well too. There’s good kids on both those rosters, from good families as well. Bryan is trying and Todd put his soul and heart in to that FH program. They are both really good people. I will probably look at the board off and on to get some entertainment but that’s about it. Lags, nothing but the best to u, I got a lot of laughs from your posts. Take care western Md board members it’s been fun. One last thing Go Big Red!

I’ve watched this board for 15 years. I’ll admit it. It’s been fun. Reading that last long post over again that I wrote more than tells me it’s time to go. My son graduated this year and to tell the truth I don’t have a dog in it anymore other than just to wish the Sentinels well. I do wish Allegany well too. There’s good kids on both those rosters, from good families as well. Bryan is trying and Todd put his soul and heart in to that FH program. They are both really good people. I will probably look at the board off and on to get some entertainment but that’s about it. Lags, nothing but the best to u, I got a lot of laughs from your posts. Take care western Md board members it’s been fun. One last thing Go Big Red!

Don't blame you if all you want is a FH circle jerk.

Last edited:
I hear ya the Robinette performance in that game may have been the best I have ever seen. I was a fan of that kid. He was a horse to say the least. But what I’m asking u not to do is use that game as a way to knock FH.

Everything other than kissing Appel's ring around here is knocking FH to you - so, you know what you can do with that thought. How about you shit FH grads success in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first.

Those Dunbar kids are the least prepared in week 1 Eddy. Look at this year. Alco was down 14-8 at the half before the weather. Come on Laggy face the facts. Dunbar’s coach said it himself week 1 and week 14 Dunbar is a different team. Literally

The Wing-T formation the way it's run in WMD is an antiquated offense, but in a weird way it can be an advantage because so few teams run it - it's hard to figure out initially. In WMD it's a Power Wing-T, some teams downstate still run a Speed Wing-T and pass out of it. I've told a couple of coaches you shouldn't try to stop the FH/Alco offense with a 4-3 defense, which is what most schools down there run as their base defense - because they are used to playing passing teams and are afraid of getting beat downfield. Dunbar got ran on in the entire Alco game and in the first half against FH, but in the second half they figured it out, as the Dunbar coach said post-game, we were going to sell-out against the run and make them beat us with the pass. And FH didn't score in the second half.

The problem with the Power Wing T is it's not a balanced offense so whenever you face a team of equal talent - that is balanced on offense - you are at a significant disadvantage. It's pretty obvious that's why FH doesn't want to play any other quality squads, especially in a home-and-home series.

post-game, we were going to sell-out against the run and make them beat us with the pass. And FH didn't score in the second half.

- I think that is a typical coach's comment as though he were the reason that they won the game. FH could have won that game and Dunbar was lucky to have won it. A couple outstanding individual efforts were the deciding factor in Dunbar's victory..... not coaching. I watched the game probably a half dozen times before deleting out out my FIOS system.

Watch any downstate team and you see the 'big uglies' rise up and generally block an area. That is meat to FH or Alco when-they-have-the-talent. Dunbar put a hundred pound arm on Robinette as he hit the line... Dunbar just didn't expect him to drag another thousand pounds down the field.

If you put Robinette in the backfield the year Dunbar won, he would probably have set a new record for rushing yards and FH would have beaten Dunbar by 20 points.

post-game, we were going to sell-out against the run and make them beat us with the pass. And FH didn't score in the second half.

- I think that is a typical coach's comment as though he were the reason that they won the game. FH could have won that game and Dunbar was lucky to have won it. A couple outstanding individual efforts were the deciding factor in Dunbar's victory..... not coaching. I watched the game probably a half dozen times before deleting out out my FIOS system.

Watch any downstate team and you see the 'big uglies' rise up and generally block an area. That is meat to FH or Alco when-they-have-the-talent. Dunbar put a hundred pound arm on Robinette as he hit the line... Dunbar just didn't expect him to drag another thousand pounds down the field.

If you put Robinette in the backfield the year Dunbar won, he would probably have set a new record for rushing yards and FH would have beaten Dunbar by 20 points.

What game were you watching? FH was lucky the game wasn't over in the first half. When Dunbar was leading 16-8 and FH threw a terrible interception and Dunbar returned the ball to around the FH 30 yard line. Then the refs totally bailed FH out with a mystery roughing the passer call and gave it back to them. If you shut out a team in the second half with a defensive adjustment it's not coaching?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT