ADVERTISEMENT

Let's give credit

4inarowtopthat

All Region Poster
Dec 12, 2016
For all of us who like to analyze and dissect the game, players, coaches...Lackey is a helluva football team. They played with composure and heart all game, and nothing out of line as far as I could see. As much as we'd like fh to be perfect, and I"m as guilty of anybody of that, when you play a team with that size, speed, athleticism, coaching...and you win - that says a lot. A lot of people, including coach appel, thought lackey had no chance against douglas. Lackey showed why they beat Douglas.
For me being one of the top two seeds and having home field advantage was huge! For all the whining and complaining about the schedule it worked to get fh where they wanted to be, and without home field I don't see them beating Lackey last night.
I'll say one thing on sportsmanship - #21 stood midfield after the game and was pointing and jawing at the Lackey sideline. Another fh player came and pulled him away. I don't know what provoked it or why he did it, but somebody needs to have a little talk to him about how Coach Appel doesn't like it when other teams do it so he probably isn't going to like it when one of his players does it.

I left as soon as FH sealed the victory but the radio said the Lackey QB wouldn't shake the FH players hands.. That's pretty classless and there's no excuse for it... Some of their fans was pretty classless too using a lot of profanity. I get emotions are high but you gotta control it... When they scored one turned around and said take that B y'all ain't S...

Reactions: towpath94
I left as soon as FH sealed the victory but the radio said the Lackey QB wouldn't shake the FH players hands.. That's pretty classless and there's no excuse for it... Some of their fans was pretty classless too using a lot of profanity. I get emotions are high but you gotta control it... When they scored one turned around and said take that B y'all ain't S...
was it the female in the pink. If it was you omitted the fact that most of her sentences were all F you, F this and F that & F you bitch

Lol
was it the female in the pink. If it was you omitted the fact that most of her sentences were all F you, F this and F that & F you bitch
Lol that's the one. She would walk the bleachers just to taunt and curse ppl... Also a guy in all black would do a lot of the same but he didn't leave his seat like her..

Last edited:
If he did that I am truly disappointed and sad for the rest of his team. I honestly thought they all handled themselves very well...we've seen teams get a little feisty at greenway. One bad apple on their side doesn't make it okay for us to have one too though. Again, I don't know what he was saying but he was quickly grabbed by a teammate and scurried off so it must not have been have a nice day kind of a thing.

Lol

Lol that's the one. She would walk the bleachers just to taunt and curse ppl... Also a guy in all black would do a lot of the same but he didn't leave his seat like her..
The guy in all black was on the home side to greet players going onto the field with things like “they an’t got f’ing shh on you”, and “get out there and f them up”. Which really I don’t mind, if not for the young kids around. Call me old fashioned but I think it’s classless to use foul language in front of children

If he did that I am truly disappointed and sad for the rest of his team. I honestly thought they all handled themselves very well...we've seen teams get a little feisty at greenway. One bad apple on their side doesn't make it okay for us to have one too though. Again, I don't know what he was saying but he was quickly grabbed by a teammate and scurried off so it must not have been have a nice day kind of a thing.

My first thought is what happened during, or immediately after, the game that provoked it? I don't see something like that happening from a winning team without a reason. It's never justified, but, right or wrong, I'm sure the young man had a reason to be upset.

My first thought is what happened during, or immediately after, the game that provoked it? I don't see something like that happening from a winning team without a reason. It's never justified, but, right or wrong, I'm sure the young man had a reason to be upset.
Hey on a separate note - before the game coach said lackey was moved down from 2a to 1a because of an email. He said nothing after that. After the game he said "we just beat a 2a team". Does anybody know what he's referring to. I thought every two years they do grades 10-12 enrollment and divide up the 4 classes and that's that. Did the mpssaa do something shady I don't know about? It's the first time he's said that before or after all games he was interviewed but yet he said it like everybody would know what he was talking about.

Hey on a separate note - before the game coach said lackey was moved down from 2a to 1a because of an email. He said nothing after that. After the game he said "we just beat a 2a team". Does anybody know what he's referring to. I thought every two years they do grades 10-12 enrollment and divide up the 4 classes and that's that. Did the mpssaa do something shady I don't know about? It's the first time he's said that before or after all games he was interviewed but yet he said it like everybody would know what he was talking about.

They MPSSAA uses 9-11 enrollment, not 10-12.

I think Todd was basically just saying Lackey was of 2A caliber having just moved down. He said the same thing of HDG playing a 2A team today too.

It's really pointless banter as far as I'm concerned. I know you gotta use your time on the radio to say things once in a while..but okay, okay, we get it. You don't like to play teams that are better than you, you hate the playoff system, shame on every school in a 60 mile radius who won't play FH, etc etc..ad infinitum.

I think Todd was basically just saying Lackey was of 2A caliber having just moved down. He said the same thing of HDG playing a 2A team today too.

It's really pointless banter as far as I'm concerned. I know you gotta use your time on the radio to say things once in a while..but okay, okay, we get it. You don't like to play teams that are better than you, you hate the playoff system, shame on every school in a 60 mile radius who won't play FH, etc etc..ad infinitum.
I'm not disagreeing with you but it doesn't explain the comment "yeh all because of an email they are 2a"...what would that be in reference to?

Heard a couple of FH players say after the game that Lackey never said a word during the game. Gotta respect that. #21 needs to be reprimanded for his actions. I am sure the staff will take care of that.

I like that it was Appel's son that pulled 21 away from acting like that

Reactions: camper21502
Is that the same kid that has a couple unsportsmanlike penalties the past few weeks? Just wondering..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT