ADVERTISEMENT

letitrain

This could be a big weekend for all the local teams due to the weather.

Imagine if you will that again Alco and FH games are postponed or canceled due to the weather and again these games do not count. Oh crap...now we are talking about 8 game schedules and the pressure is really on. Lose one of those 8...and your done for the year.

Could it happen...YOU BET IT CAN! I have looked at local weather and again we are expecting 2 inches of rain and thunderstorms for the next two days. We all know about them thunderstorms in the area from last weekend. Remember...if lightning is spotted and the game is stopped, it is a 30 minute delay. If lighting continues, its 30 more minutes and so on. After about 1.5 or 2 hours...no choice but to stop the game and let the chips fall as they may.

Just rain is ok, we can deal with that...lets all pray we get all of them in especially at Greenway this weekend... :-(

I am hoping that it is just a heavy rain at the worst. As Jailer said, it isn't the most pristine of conditions to play in, but it will at least get the games in.

Imagine if you will that again Alco and FH games are postponed or canceled due to the weather and again these games do not count. Oh crap...now we are talking about 8 game schedules and the pressure is really on. Lose one of those 8...and your done for the year.

Could it happen...YOU BET IT CAN! I have looked at local weather and again we are expecting 2 inches of rain and thunderstorms for the next two days. We all know about them thunderstorms in the area from last weekend. Remember...if lightning is spotted and the game is stopped, it is a 30 minute delay. If lighting continues, its 30 more minutes and so on. After about 1.5 or 2 hours...no choice but to stop the game and let the chips fall as they may.

Just rain is ok, we can deal with that...lets all pray we get all of them in especially at Greenway this weekend... :-(
Looking ahead a bit, if the Hurricane that is east of Bermuda were to hit the area, it seems as if the time frame would be next Thursday and Friday. That could be an issue as well.

Looking ahead a bit, if the Hurricane that is east of Bermuda were to hit the area, it seems as if the time frame would be next Thursday and Friday. That could be an issue as well.

That is exactly what I was referring to on my above post. The forecast also claims that the system will stall for 4 days!!!

If the games are cancelled and not made up it does not count in the win-loss record but it does in effect become a loss because of last week’s cancellation; the denominator still remains 9.

These games will get played..FH and Alco wont accept another no contest.. They might be played in heavy downpours but they will get them in this weekend..

If the weather cancels another game for Cumberland schools they are screwed. It's an automatic loss. The MPSSAA is not going to make special exemption for a Western Maryland school. Now if teams from Baltimore or the metro areas have to drop a 2nd game - the MPSSAA will step in and create a special ruling on number of games and playoff points much like Florida had to do last year with all the hurricane cancelled games. Keep in mind that Dunbar now only has 9 games. If they get the hurricane cancellations it will get interesting for policy makers.

Point being, the MPSSAA doesn't care about Western Maryland. There will be no special weather exemption for Alco or FH unless the populated county schools have the same issue. Trust me on this one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT