ADVERTISEMENT

Keyser's football program

TDHelmick

Hall of Fame Poster
May 29, 2001
After attending the FH vs. Keyser game Friday it became easy to see what I already knew...Keyser has an outstanding football program. They work so freaking hard year round just like they do at FH. Good things happen to people that work hard. I've heard Keyser fans and parents complain about Coach Biser through the years as much as I see it everywhere. The 2013 season was real tough for Keyser after all the expectations heading into that season weren't met in regards to wins and losses. That's the nature of being a coach I guess. But those people who complain are fools. Coach Biser is completely dedicated to that football program and helping those kids. I know because I've seen their training program first hand.

Keyser has a chance to do some real special things this year. The line is huge and aggressive. Ours is a shifty QB. He's going to be a big time baller before his time is done. Rodeheaver runs so hard, an arm tackle is not going to slow him down. And for the life of me I have no idea how Cole Weaver doesn't have a college scholarship yet. He's is 6'5, 265 with shoes on, is athletic and can move. He is not even in the recruiting services evaluation list even after I have pounded on their doors. See it every year. The whole recruiting service/star system is such a complete joke.

Anyway, best of luck to the Tornado this year. They have good people, parents and players working and playing here. Good things were bound to happen.

As for FH, like Coach Appel said after the game, they are far too young to fight a battle of attrition this year with the schedule they have. Granted those young kids have some great talents but it's tough to lean on them like seniors. Next year this schedule might not be so bad, this year we know it was asking alot. The fact I have to even mention Northern, Clear Spring and Hancock in the same sentence as FH when I total playoff points every week is completely absurd. They will get better, they too work so hard. The similarities between Coach Biser and Coach Appel are almost identical in so many ways.

Reactions: mccoke
Mr. Helmick: You are right on in your comments and the year of football is very young but I too believe Keyser can have a special season in the brewing, however these kids need to have each others backs at all times and think totally as WE not I. The talent is there and I see a great season if they just stay focused no matter what happens. Proud to be a graduate of Keyser High School.

Reactions: mccoke
Keyser has a awesome team this year. My nephew played last year and said Coach Biser works there butts off. Football at Keyser is a year round commitment, just like at Fort Hill. They have the kids and coaching staff fully committed and I can see them going deep into the playoffs and maybe a championship!!

Tons of respect for the Keyser program. Over the years Wes Ours has done a great job at the lower levels of pee wee and youth league and those boys are now excelling on varsity.

Now if the coaching staff would just dress like a good program should and not like a bunch of 13 yr olds leaving gym class LOL :)

Totally agree with these comments. Wes has done a great job @ the lower level and it is paying off. The kids have bought into the system and truly, "hard work pays off"

AA in WV right now goes through Bridgeport so epic matchup on 10/9 I believe as Keyser invades Bridgeport for what could very possibly be round 1 of the West Virginia State Class AA championship with round 2 in the finals at Wheeling Park as Bridgeport goes for a three peat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT