ADVERTISEMENT

I'm coming around...

And most folks handle it well. But we are supposed to excuse a coach who only had two losses in the last sixty games and is coasting.... yes, coasting to a fifth straight championship. Pathetic beyond measure and a real beam of light to one's actual character.

We agree on very little, otherwise. But spot on.

Why would a head coach go on the radio and publicly state they have no business playing a team like FCA, his exact word was "ridiculous"....then leave them on the schedule?
Why would Maxxy Shoemaker tell Paul Miller that CR does not duck any program on the radio prior to the Alleagny game? Then admits "thats correct, we don't play Fort Hill" and then puked out some laughable reasons when his comment was questioned by a caller on the radio with Tim & Rock?

I'm sure Paul Miller remembers that comment because somebody on this board asked why Miller did not question Maxxy about his statement right then and there.

Maybe Paul Miller can ask Todd the next time he does an interview with him about keeping a "ridiculous" team on his schedule. Paul seems to have a great relationship with Todd.

But in saying all that, I think FH keeps FCA next year. If not, you think the FH schedule haters bitch now, wait till next years schedule comes out.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
And most folks handle it well. But we are supposed to excuse a coach who only had two losses in the last sixty games and is coasting.... yes, coasting to a fifth straight championship. Pathetic beyond measure and a real beam of light to one's actual character.
Bobby Knight comes to mind for handling it well. (LOL) So should the community publicly flog Todd on the Cumberland Mall during the ball drop, tar and feather him, or just crucify him and get it over with. OMG, one slip up and now "he da devil" (Bobby Boucher's mom)

Last edited:
... coasting.... yes, coasting to a fifth straight championship...

I have to disagree. Alco will be a big hurdle; more so than people (myself included) thought. I think Alco will have trouble stopping FH's running game. However, I think FH will have trouble stopping Alco's pass. These two teams, at least this year, are very well matched.

That said, I think Dunbar will be a different team come November. Heck, I think they already are.

Reactions: FortHillFan89
I have to disagree. Alco will be a big hurdle; more so than people (myself included) thought. I think Alco will have trouble stopping FH's running game. However, I think FH will have trouble stopping Alco's pass. These two teams, at least this year, are very well matched.

That said, I think Dunbar will be a different team come November. Heck, I think they already are.

Allegany drops too many wide open, easy passes to beat FH - saw it again at Northern. They are at least one receiver short in that department. If Alco had Rhodes again this year maybe they could pull out a miracle. Besides, FH can rotate their line and grind Allegany down.

The game may be close at the half but FH is way too deep and way too familiar with the Wing-T to lose to Allegany.

Bobby Knight comes to mind for handling it well. (LOL) So should the community publicly flog Todd on the Cumberland Mall during the ball drop, tar and feather him, or just crucify him and get it over with. OMG, one slip up and now "he da devil" (Bobby Boucher's mom)
I would be happy if he just said during his next interview "i got a little testy after our last game, thru somebody under the bus instead of blaming myself for a poorly coached game, thanked my family and god like i usually do, congratulated the other team, and for that i am sorry, that's on me".

Why stick a microphone in a coach's or player's face immediately after a game when they are still wired on the emotion of the contest? They're not thinking about anything else at that point. As I stated in another post I have always hated that on any level of football.
It's happened for decades. Its part of the job. Why make players shake hands after a game when you are still wired on emotions? They just got done hitting each other for an hour. They aren't thinking about anything else at that point.

It's happened for decades. Its part of the job. Why make players shake hands after a game when you are still wired on emotions? They just got done hitting each other for an hour. They aren't thinking about anything else at that point.

What you post is very true, but being the head football coach at FH carries more prestige and greater gravitas than being the mayor of Cumberland.

What you post is very true, but being the head coach at FH carries more prestige and greater gravitas than being the mayor of Cumberland.
If we expect the players to show sportsmanship after a loss, I would think it should be even more expected from the coach. They should be held to an even higher standard than the players.

If we expect the players to show sportsmanship after a loss, I would think it should be even more expected from the coach. They should be held to an even higher standard than the players.

That's kind of what I was suggesting, especially when you have the most coveted position in town.

I wish both local schools would try out new formations and throw the ball more.. I would practice them in games that are already out of hand.

That's kind of what I was suggesting, especially when you have the most coveted position in town.

Most coveted? I wouldn’t go that far with saying most coveted. About 40% of the town will already hate you and the other 60% will only like you when you are winning as the FH coach. Flip flop the numbers and school as the Alco HC. 60% will hate you already and 40% of the town will only like you when you’re winning and attack you on social media if your teams don’t produce to the fans expectations.

Prestigious position? maybe yes. Coveted? No, maybe by only a few.

Reactions: towpath94
Most coveted? I wouldn’t go that far with saying most coveted. About 40% of the town will already hate you and the other 60% will only like you when you are winning as the FH coach. Flip flop the numbers and school as the Alco HC. 60% will hate you already and 40% of the town will only like you when you’re winning and attack you on social media if your teams don’t produce to the fans expectations.

Prestigious position? maybe yes. Coveted? No, maybe by only a few.

Your point is valid. But also, some of the dislike comes from envy and such. Bill Gates and Steve Jobs had their haters and, of course, every President of the US had about half the country hating them.

Given a choice.... I mean a real choice if you had it.... I think folks would chose a position of power and then just hang with the crowd that loves you.

I wish both local schools would try out new formations and throw the ball more.. I would practice them in games that are already out of hand.
The only problem with practicing your passing when the game is out of hand is more Maxxy Shoemakers will appear. He specifically said to the caller on WCBC that "FH was up 41 points with 1:43 left in the 2nd qtr and went into their 2 minute offense.". My lord, he even remembered the exact time left on the clock when FH went into their 2 min offense.

The only problem with practicing your passing when the game is out of hand is more Maxxy Shoemakers will appear. He specifically said to the caller on WCBC that "FH was up 41 points with 1:43 left in the 2nd qtr and went into their 2 minute offense.". My lord, he even remembered the exact time left on the clock when FH went into their 2 min offense.
Yeah, why do you have to wait until you're up five scores before you 'work' on the passing game? Fort Hill and Allegany know they are going to beat some of these teams bad. Why wait until its out of hand before passing? So maybe you only beat them 28-7 instead of 56-7. You still win, you get work on the passing game and you don't step on any toes by waiting until the game is decided before passing. It's like both schools are worried that they'll lose to some of these teams if they don't go up by 40 first.

Reactions: 4R341 and money316
Yeah, why do you have to wait until you're up five scores before you 'work' on the passing game? Fort Hill and Allegany know they are going to beat some of these teams bad. Why wait until its out of hand before passing? So maybe you only beat them 28-7 instead of 56-7. You still win, you get work on the passing game and you don't step on any toes by waiting until the game is decided before passing. It's like both schools are worried that they'll lose to some of these teams if they don't go up by 40 first.
You don’t throw early because You want to Put the game away as soon as you can. Could you imagine this message board if FH would have only beaten silver oak 28-7?

You don’t throw early because You want to Put the game away as soon as you can. Could you imagine this message board if FH would have only beaten silver oak 28-7?
Who cares. Look at it after they won by 50.

Your point is valid. But also, some of the dislike comes from envy and such. Bill Gates and Steve Jobs had their haters and, of course, every President of the US had about half the country hating them.

Given a choice.... I mean a real choice if you had it.... I think folks would chose a position of power and then just hang with the crowd that loves you.

But note being HC of these two schools pays peanuts. It’s not like coaching in Texas where some positions are paid like regular jobs. A person has to want to do it and have the realization that you will have to deal with not just kids, but parents, etc.

Last edited:
Hey, I know I was a complete ass on here with Onering (which I apologize to him and the other board members for) but, DAMN, it's sure is nice to talk football again !

By demonstrating some semblance of a passing game, opposing teams are then forced to respect it - at least a little. This will at least minimize stacking the box.

It's simply logic, really. If the opportunity arises against a tough opponent to pound the ball, do it. But, also, recognize *EARLY* if the "pound-it-up-the-middle plan" doesn't work, that you need to adjust your game-plan. You don't have to be a stalwart at passing. You just have to do it enough to force the defense to respect it. It's a way to improve the effectiveness of your running game, ironically enough.

I have screamed this time and time again. What good is it to beat a team by 56 points and throw the ball 6 times. When playing a team thatyou can name the score why not work on your weakness when the score is 14-0.

FH was up 42-3 at the half at Ridge last night. The starters are in the game deep into the 3rd quarter running the same belly and jet sweeps they have run 5000 tomes, only now out of shot gun. The starting QB is running draws. Kids were dropping like flies with stupid injuries.

WTF were the FH starters doing in the game late in the 3rd up 42-3 especially with Alco next week? WTF?

I have screamed this time and time again. What good is it to beat a team by 56 points and throw the ball 6 times. When playing a team thatyou can name the score why not work on your weakness when the score is 14-0.

FH was up 42-3 at the half at Ridge last night. The starters are in the game deep into the 3rd quarter running the same belly and jet sweeps they have run 5000 tomes, only now out of shot gun. The starting QB is running draws. Kids were dropping like flies with stupid injuries.

WTF were the FH starters doing in the game late in the 3rd up 42-3 especially with Alco next week? WTF?
I've never even understood the starters having to be in for the first drive of the second half. Most coaches say they don't want the players thinking the game is over at halftime and not have to get back up for the second half. That's bull and a coach's excuse for adding another touchdown. These kids have played a hundred games in their lives. Like all of a sudden they are going to forget there's a second half because they don't play one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT