ADVERTISEMENT

How did the Quad go today?

Novaunicorn, your statement that many, many local players go to college to play football and end up returning is false. Period. You cant dispute that, you've nothing of any substance to support it. That's the bottom line. Listing a couple kids who are no longer playing from the earlier thread does not constitute "many". So I say your wrong; therefore, using your logic, I'm right.

And while Charlie Lattimer was a good coach, that quote of his is pretty stupid. That's like the whole argument of proving the existence of God. People who believe in God, say "you can't prove he doesn't exist"...those who don't, say "You cant prove he does."

You are more than welcome to believe your own opinion. It doesn't make it correct. And, just to clarify, it is not.

A freshman player on Frostburg State's 2018 roster is not on the 2019 roster

A freshman player on Salibury Univ's 2018 roster is not on the 2019 roster

A freshman player who was enrolled at WV Wesleyan last fall didn't finish the season

A player on the 2016 roster had a successful freshman season at a D1 school, transferred to a JC and played a few games last year, and now is reportedly back home.

The other FH players actively playing in college are Freshman or RS Freshman, so they have not completed a full year in their respective football programs.

Aren't these facts? Isn't this what Nova was referring to? As I said previously, if these young men are pursuing academic degrees that's a beautiful thing and hopefully they are successful in their endeavors.

I don’t believe it was Hansels decision.Bratton is a competitor and was never going to sit that out. With Robinette that team could have beat FH in that 2nd game. They had us on our heals in that 2nd half. We were 1 play better that nite. Point is Bratton was playing hell or high water!

I don’t believe it was Hansels decision.Bratton is a competitor and was never going to sit that out. With Robinette that team could have beat FH in that 2nd game. They had us on our heals in that 2nd half. We were 1 play better that nite. Point is Bratton was playing hell or high water!

Is Bratton still playing college baseball?

Where do you come up with try to shut the debate down? I took a side.

Playing devil's advocate...it was only two seasons ago we saw the Alco senior QB Cameron Bratton go down with a nasty Homecoming injury - shoulder if I recall correctly. The kid already had a full time baseball scholarship to a D1 school. Yet, Coach Hansel plays the "win at all cost" hand and had him to go in the playoff rematch with FH...a game FH won 21-20. So if you are on the side of why King should not play, then you would never ask Bratton go to under those conditions. The difference is that if I'm Coach Hansel, your dadgum right Bratton is playing even when he was only at about 75% at best. I'm on that side and support Coach Hansel's decision.

nasty Homecoming injury - shoulder if I recall.....

You're sure it was a 'nasty' injury but not sure what kind. Embellish much. Or, are you on the medical staff at Alco, having kept secrets the last couple years.

Coach Hansel plays the "win at all cost" hand and had him to go in the playoff rematch with FH.

As I recall, Bratton - a full time, experienced ball-carrying quarterback - did not play in the game between homecoming and the rematch... that would have been Boonsboro, correct. Convenient memory loss on your part as you conflate a non-game-experienced-smallish kicker with a battle-hardened quarterback, such was Bratton.

So if you are on the side of why King should not play, then you would never ask Bratton go to under those conditions

If Bratton were indeed not 100%, I personally would not have played him. Again, to compare a consistent starting high school quarterback to a smallish, golden-legged kicker, who never started a varsity high school football game as a quarterback, is both stupid and disingenuous.

The difference is that if I'm Coach Hansel, your dadgum right Bratton is playing even when he was only at about 75% at best.

Man, scary how hard you are pitching that high school coaches should play injured players. Is that the general tenure at FH? Does everyone involved with King's future know about that attitude? Is that Appel's attitude? If young King is not 100% and becomes more vulnerable than even his smallish stature provides him, would Appel (win at all costs, maybe?) play him? Would not a serious leg injury - say resulting from playing hurt - even endanger his WV scholarship?

Man, I dunno... stunning stuff here. Again, no... I would not play players who are not 100%. And... seems to me that Hansel held out his best receiver with a mild ankle strain for many games. He just held a bunch of players out of a scrimmage. You're really slinging some mud here just to justify starting a non-experienced player who has a golden future otherwise.

Last edited:
nasty Homecoming injury - shoulder if I recall.....

You're sure it was a 'nasty' injury but not sure what kind. Embellish much. Or, are you on the medical staff at Alco, having kept secrets the last couple years.

Coach Hansel plays the "win at all cost" hand and had him to go in the playoff rematch with FH.

As I recall, Bratton - a full time, experienced ball-carrying quarterback - did not play in the game between homecoming and the rematch... that would have been Boonsboro, correct. Convenient memory loss on your part as you conflate a non-game-experienced-smallish kicker with a battle-hardened quarterback, such was Bratton.

So if you are on the side of why King should not play, then you would never ask Bratton go to under those conditions

If Bratton were indeed not 100%, I personally would not have played him. Again, to compare a consistent starting high school quarterback to a smallish, golden-legged kicker, who never started a varsity high school football game as a quarterback, is both stupid and disingenuous.

The difference is that if I'm Coach Hansel, your dadgum right Bratton is playing even when he was only at about 75% at best.

Man, scary how hard you are pitching that high school coaches should play injured players. Is that the general tenure at FH? Does everyone involved with King's future know about that attitude? Is that Appel's attitude? If young King is not 100% and becomes more vulnerable than even his smallish stature provides him, would Appel (win at all costs, maybe?) play him? Would not a serious leg injury - say resulting from playing hurt - even endanger his WV scholarship?

Man, I dunno... stunning stuff here. Again, no... I would not play players who are not 100%. And... seems to me that Hansel held out his best receiver with a mild ankle strain for many games. He just held a bunch of players out of a scrimmage. You're really slinging some mud here just to justify starting a non-experienced player who has a golden future otherwise.

Bratton was no where close to 100%, but he played. Not sure you can say much more about it. King is playing QB. Not sure you can say much more about it. You don't have to like either, but that's why no one here is coaching. Obviously, Coach Hansel and Coach Appel don't agree with your opinion.

Last edited:
Bratton was no where close to 100%, but he played. Not sure you can say much more about it. King is playing QB. Not sure you can say much more about it. You don't have to like either, but that's why no one here is coaching. Obviously, Coach Hansel and Coach Appel don't agree with your opinion.

Bratton was no where close to 100%, but he played

Ugh, previously it was about 75%. So now... is it somewhat-kind-of-maybe that or after you personally reviewed his medical records you changed your mind and he was no where near your previous statement.

Obviously, Coach Hansel and Coach Appel don't agree with your opinion.

Let's see.... you and all the red-jackets basically called Hansel a no-nothing bullshit artist for his online post regarding the Southern mic issue. But now, you try to use him to cover your ass over your position on playing injured athletes.

If Hansel wants to jump in here and declare that he played Bratton injured, fine.... I'll believe him. But you. Sorry. If you want to suggest that I disagree with Appel, that fits. But you have no credibility speaking for Hansel.

And.... that's why no one here is coaching. I paid my dues and never allowed an injured player to play.

Bratton was no where close to 100%, but he played

Ugh, previously it was about 75%. So now... is it somewhat-kind-of-maybe that or after you personally reviewed his medical records you changed your mind and he was no where near your previous statement.

Obviously, Coach Hansel and Coach Appel don't agree with your opinion.

Let's see.... you and all the red-jackets basically called Hansel a no-nothing bullshit artist for his online post regarding the Southern mic issue. But now, you try to use him to cover your ass over your position on playing injured athletes.

If Hansel wants to jump in here and declare that he played Bratton injured, fine.... I'll believe him. But you. Sorry. If you want to suggest that I disagree with Appel, that fits. But you have no credibility speaking for Hansel.

And.... that's why no one here is coaching. I paid my dues and never allowed an injured player to play.

Just to demonstrate your lack of knowledge here...never ass-u-me

If Hansel wants to jump in here and declare that he played Bratton injured, fine.... I'll believe him. But you. Sorry.

FROM THE CUMBERLAND TIMES-NEWS:
Link: http://www.forthillfootball.net/articles/2017/allegany_po2.htm
Bratton, sidelined by a badly sprained ankle at Homecoming, didn’t play last week against Boonsboro. He did Friday evening, and handled the position well. There was never a doubt he wouldn’t play. Hansel said the decision was made early in the week.

“Cameron was about 70 percent. He’s a senior. When I asked him if he was sure he could play, he told me, ‘You can’t keep me from this game.’”

So Hansel did play a kid who was injured and about at 70% who already had a D1 baseball scholarship. And Danny King is playing QB at FH. Again, neither head coach agrees with you. Big surprise. And I have already stated I agree with both head coaching decisions. Let's just say you and I are worlds apart. Granted I could not remember if it was his shoulder or ankle that was injured as stated, but anyone at the game in person could see he was big time hobbled. Maybe if you would attend these games as opposed to assuming things from a computer chair miles away you would be more respected.

Or maybe you can still blame Southern for getting in fights with Alco before Homecoming and disappearing until FH finally loses. Leave that status to WeHave8.

Last edited:
Just to demonstrate your lack of knowledge here...never ass-u-me

FROM THE CUMBERLAND TIMES-NEWS:
Link: http://www.forthillfootball.net/articles/2017/allegany_po2.htm
Bratton, sidelined by a badly sprained ankle at Homecoming, didn’t play last week against Boonsboro. He did Friday evening, and handled the position well. There was never a doubt he wouldn’t play. Hansel said the decision was made early in the week.

“Cameron was about 70 percent. He’s a senior. When I asked him if he was sure he could play, he told me, ‘You can’t keep me from this game.’”

So Hansel did play a kid who was injured and about at 70% who already had a D1 baseball scholarship. And Danny King is playing QB at FH. Again, neither head coach agrees with you. Big surprise. And I have already stated I agree with both head coaching decisions. Let's just say you and I are worlds apart. Granted I could not remember if it was his shoulder or ankle that was injured as stated, but anyone at the game in person could see he was big time hobbled. Maybe if you would attend these games as opposed to assuming things from a computer chair miles away you would be more respected.

Or maybe you can still blame Southern for getting in fights with Alco before Homecoming and disappearing until FH finally loses. Leave that status to WeHave8.

There was never a doubt he wouldn’t play.

Once again, if a player had not fully recovered with no pain and full range of motion I would not have played them. I would hope a physician would have the same opinion. If the decision was made earlier in the week, then I gather Bratton got a medical approval, which should be common practice (see below). If not, then the decision to play him was wrong in my opinion and I don't care what anyone else thinks.

Below is a good read involving decision making for high high school athletic injuries.

NFHS...

"At the high school level, conflicts arise among coaches, parents, students and health-care providers as to the readiness of a student-athlete to return to activity. Since most of these students are minors, the decision regarding their readiness to return to play lies in the hands of many individuals."

https://nfhs.org/articles/return-to-play-who-makes-the-decision/

you would be more respected.

I'll take my post to likes ratio in what is virtually a FH forum.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT