ADVERTISEMENT

Have they released playoff points yet?

I always update the 1A West point totals:
http://forthillfootball.net/schedules/2023/scores_opponents2023.htm

My point totals are not exactly the same as the MPSSAA give or take one/tenth of a point here or there. The reason being, the MPSSAA bases their one/tenth of a point here or there on whether teams play 8 or 9 game schedules. There is no way to calculate these things until the end of season because the new MPSSAA rules allow teams to pick up games after the first play date. This has been a new rule change since COVID. So while some teams may currently play an 8 game schedule, they might pick someone up and get to 9 games. That dust settles at the end of season. But my point totals are the same, just maybe different by that one/tenth of a point.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
Todd, wouldn't Ridge have 26 win points.
6 - Southern
6 - Catoctin
6 - Allegany
8 - Frederick
You are correct. My mistake. I did not realize Frederick enrollment shot way up. They are no longer in the same class as Oakdale like last year. I made the correction on the point totals. Thanks for the heads up.

On a similar note, the Southern Garrett enrollment numbers crashed.
WestMac Enrollment numbers for 2023 and 2024.
These are for grades 9-11.
Mountain Ridge - 578 students
Allegany - 556 students
Fort Hill - 550 students
Southern - 476 students
Northern - 337 students

You are correct. My mistake. I did not realize Frederick enrollment shot way up. They are no longer in the same class as Oakdale like last year. I made the correction on the point totals. Thanks for the heads up.

On a similar note, the Southern Garrett enrollment numbers crashed.
WestMac Enrollment numbers for 2023 and 2024.
These are for grades 9-11.
Mountain Ridge - 578 students
Allegany - 556 students
Fort Hill - 550 students
Southern - 476 students
Northern - 337 students

They really need to look at consolidation in Garrett County, I'm honestly surprised that they're not even looking at it. Sure that'd throw them into 1A/2A or 2A but is it sustainable to keep 2 High Schools for the long term?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT