ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Hill's Poling

Is he playing baseball there? if so good for him
Last I heard he quit the baseball team and isn’t currently playing any sports. I was also wondering about some of the other kids from last years team. I know some went on to play ball in college but you don’t seem to hear much about them after leaving Cumberland.

Last I heard he quit the baseball team and isn’t currently playing any sports. I was also wondering about some of the other kids from last years team. I know some went on to play ball in college but you don’t seem to hear much about them after leaving Cumberland.
that's usually not a good sign.

Reactions: OneRing
I think RollSentinels was referring to the Times News not keeping tabs on our local athletes--well let's say it seems to be very selective at times!
Quade Riley played many years at AB-- I believe has won awards for his play; Ty Johnson at Maryland ( yes there is write ups occasionally but not what it should be!!!) Luke Hamilton at Towson-- yea its a small D1 but he got a full ride scholarship and is their starting FB ( apparently he had a broken bone in foot with surgery and just got back to playing and is on the starting line up for today's post season play off game); Keegan Miller is away playing ball-- have we heard how he's doing -- no!!, Troy Banks at Salisbury --and I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting right now but point is with the sagging popularity of the newspaper wouldn't u think that as football crazy this town is that if they followed up on our local boys occasionally that they may see an increase in sales??

Last edited:
In the past didn't the Times-News put together a special on local football players playing college football? I would like to see them do a special on all local student athletes no matter what sport they are playing in college,

In the past didn't the Times-News put together a special on local football players playing college football? I would like to see them do a special on all local student athletes no matter what sport they are playing in college,
Yes. Would love for the Times News to add up dates of all student athletes who are in college, you would be surprised at the number of female athletes who are on scholarships playing basketball & softball!

Yes. Would love for the Times News to add up dates of all student athletes who are in college, you would be surprised at the number of female athletes who are on scholarships playing basketball & softball!
You at are correct. I stated in a post earlier in the week Allegany had 1 girl sign a letter of intent for UMBC and another verbally committed to Providence. Pretty sure a couple more of Alco players will commit soon

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT