ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Hill vs Perryville

Based solely on scores and opponents. joppatowne looks like they are the better team now. I very well may be wrong but i don’t think that either one will be remotely competitive with FH or MH.

Reactions: Transferdrum
My notes for Commercial Video Broadcast
Thought I would share.

PERRYVILLE PANTHERS
- #3 seed in the East Region - beat Kent County and Green Street Academy in the playoffs to get here. Currently sitting with a 7-4 record.
- Beat Joppatowne on the road September 9 by a score of 30-26 - big win. Only loss for Joppatowne this year.
- Perryville also beat Bohemia Manor the last game of the regular season 37-0 - the team Mtn Ridge is playing tonight.
- Located in Cecil County just across the Susquehanna River from Havre de Grace. If you're in Baltimore you would head straight up I-95 North past Aberdeen. Perryville is exactly 45 minutes north of Baltimore.
This is a 3 hour drive to Cumberland.
- These two teams have only met once and that was in 2011 in the state semifinal Thanksgiving weekend where an undefeated Perryville knocked of an undefeated FH 20-14 in OT at Greenway. The Panthers went on to lose to Dunbar the next week in the title game.
- You can read the 2011 Perryville vs. FH game in the Times-News archives at this link:
https://www.times-news.com/sports/l...cle_ad6c7fa1-54a4-533e-b302-c0b5b956aebd.html
- Look at all the fans in the away bleachers. Wow, times have changed.

- Led by linebacker/wing back Sydney Phillips (6'1, 200 - Sr). Great blocking back. Great tackler. Plays like Luke Hamilton. Better have your head on a swivel.
- Ethen Gunter top rusher (5'10, 190 - Jr). Averages 110.3 yards per game, 13 TD.
- Zach Ayers (5'6, 150 - Sr) speedy top receiver and 2nd leading rusher. 28 yards per game receiving.
- QB is junior Ty Patchell. Thrown for 9 TD
- Stats from last two playoff games: 63 rushing attempts, 325 yards, 5 TD --- 5 of 9 passing for 115 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT
- Stats through last 9 games: 1164 yards rushing, 587 yards passing
- BASE OFFENSE: Shot Gun Pistol, 2 receiver set, wing back
- BASE DEFENSE: 6-2 or 4 man line against spread
- Fort Hill 38 point favorite on Cal Preps

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony54
My notes for Commercial Video Broadcast
Thought I would share.

PERRYVILLE PANTHERS
- #3 seed in the East Region - beat Kent County and Green Street Academy in the playoffs to get here. Currently sitting with a 7-4 record.
- Beat Joppatowne on the road September 9 by a score of 30-26 - big win. Only loss for Joppatowne this year.
- Perryville also beat Bohemia Manor the last game of the regular season 37-0 - the team Mtn Ridge is playing tonight.
- Located in Cecil County just across the Susquehanna River from Havre de Grace. If you're in Baltimore you would head straight up I-95 North past Aberdeen. Perryville is exactly 45 minutes north of Baltimore.
This is a 3 hour drive to Cumberland.
- These two teams have only met once and that was in 2011 in the state semifinal Thanksgiving weekend where an undefeated Perryville knocked of an undefeated FH 20-14 in OT at Greenway. The Panthers went on to lose to Dunbar the next week in the title game.
- You can read the 2011 Perryville vs. FH game in the Times-News archives at this link:
https://www.times-news.com/sports/l...cle_ad6c7fa1-54a4-533e-b302-c0b5b956aebd.html
- Look at all the fans in the away bleachers. Wow, times have changed.

- Led by linebacker/wing back Sydney Phillips (6'1, 200 - Sr). Great blocking back. Great tackler. Plays like Luke Hamilton. Better have your head on a swivel.
- Ethen Gunter top rusher (5'10, 190 - Jr). Averages 110.3 yards per game, 13 TD.
- Zach Ayers (5'6, 150 - Sr) speedy top receiver and 2nd leading rusher. 28 yards per game receiving.
- QB is junior Ty Patchell. Thrown for 9 TD
- Stats from last two playoff games: 63 rushing attempts, 325 yards, 5 TD --- 5 of 9 passing for 115 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT
- Stats through last 9 games: 1164 yards rushing, 587 yards passing
- BASE OFFENSE: Shot Gun Pistol, 2 receiver set, wing back
- BASE DEFENSE: 6-2 or 4 man line against spread
- Fort Hill 38 point favorite on Cal Preps
Nice report Todd

Reactions: Tony54
13 carries for 164 yds at the half for Jabril.

Perryville had 8 offensive yards in the first half. FH doing a lot of things right, but the penalties are still bothersome. 10 penalties thru the first few mins of the 3rd qtr. That is a big deal.

Reactions: ravemwp
This Sentinel team will never win a title with this many penalties. Against lesser teams they can make up for it but this is largely the reason why they lost against Mountain Ridge. Lack of focus and intensity

This Sentinel team will never win a title with this many penalties. Against lesser teams they can make up for it but this is largely the reason why they lost against Mountain Ridge. Lack of focus and intensity
I don't understand that whole situation this late in the year. It is a weakness.

I must say though that I am very concerned about a particular official. At least the 3rd game this year that he has called multiple holding calls on FH. Especially on big plays. Tonight kickoff return to midfield, Allen long TD run, and another big gainer all called back for holding, by same official from what I could tell. Film may show something different. Can't understand why FH can go from very few mistakes, to 10 plus from one game to the next, then back to mistake free again. Especially the holding type. You have to be aware of who is officiating, and how they call a game.

I must say though that I am very concerned about a particular official. At least the 3rd game this year that he has called multiple holding calls on FH. Especially on big plays. Tonight kickoff return to midfield, Allen long TD run, and another big gainer all called back for holding, by same official from what I could tell. Film may show something different. Can't understand why FH can go from very few mistakes, to 10 plus from one game to the next, then back to mistake free again. Especially the holding type. You have to be aware of who is officiating, and how they call a game.
Maybe you have something there. What does film show? Is this happening with games outside of the area such as PA or out of area in other MD counties? Not all of these penalties are phantom penalties. Again I'm not saying you may not be on to something but you also have to call blatant penalties that are being committed that have no impact on that play being successful. We won't have these refs down state after next Friday.

I will leave it at this...watching film you can make a case for every 10-15 yard penalty thrown at FH. The issue I see on replay is the other team doing the same exact things but not getting called for it. I don't know if it's a case of watching FH like a hawk this season or just bad luck. Point being, there is a penalty on most every play if you want to call games strictly by the book. But a strike on the outside corner has to be a strike for every batter.

Consistency, and common sense are an absolute must for any type of officiating. Even bad officiating can be somewhat overlooked, as long as it is consistently bad both ways. Common sense will tell you not to throw a flag for holding on one team when two players are slow dancing 40 yards away from the play, or a holding call on a wide receiver, and a defense back holding hands in the corner of the end zone, on an 8 yd TD run to the other corner. 50 yards away. Both against FH BTW. 100 percent agreed, some sort of penalty on most every play.

Maybe you have something there. What does film show? Is this happening with games outside of the area such as PA or out of area in other MD counties? Not all of these penalties are phantom penalties. Again I'm not saying you may not be on to something but you also have to call blatant penalties that are being committed that have no impact on that play being successful. We won't have these refs down state after next Friday.
I don't have access to game film. My point is if a certain crew or a certain official is calling the majority of the penalties, that as a coaching staff, and as players should be aware of said issue and know what will and won't be called. I don't necessarily agree with doing things differently depending on who is officiating. Yet we all know every official sees things differently. Last night I heard some chatter before, during, and after the game, about his tendency to call holding penalties. I'm pretty sure the 3 I referenced were called by the same official. Just can't seem to find the answer as to why a team can go from minimal penalties, to double digits from one game to the next. Back and forth throughout the year.

Last edited:
Reactions: FortHillFan89
None of those officials will be on the field from here on out. Semis and finals are crews from non affiliated leagues of the playing teams.

So Mr. W and his awful calls will be a non factor.

None of those officials will be on the field from here on out. Semis and finals are crews from non affiliated leagues of the playing teams.

So Mr. W and his awful calls will be a non factor.
Don't know who Mr. W is but, ok. Lol

Someone say one of their backs or something got ejected? Any word?
Thats what I heard as well, their top running back, I believe. If so, ugh...I honestly think Ridge has the tougher game next week if all this is correct.

Plus Ridge will be playing without one of their big Senior linemen as he was ejected late in the Bo Manor game for a really bonehead late hit penalty.

Reactions: FortHillFan89
Thats what I heard as well, their top running back, I believe. If so, ugh...I honestly think Ridge has the tougher game next week if all this is correct.

Plus Ridge will be playing without one of their big Senior linemen as he was ejected late in the Bo Manor game for a really bonehead late hit penalty.
Yes, a Ridge lineman was ejected, but it was not a Senior, and it was in the first half. I don't condone what he did, but he was sticking up for one of his teammates.

Last edited:
Yes, a Ridge lineman was ejected, but it was not a Senior, and it was in the first half. I don't condone what he did, but he was sticking up for one of his teammates.
Cheap shots are cheap shots. When the Alco kid was just "sticking up for his teammates" in the MR game and had the late hit, Patterson wouldnt even shake hands.

The Bo Manor kid laid there injured for a while, is he okay? The cheap shot was far more egregious than what he was retaliating for.

Cheap shots are cheap shots. When the Alco kid was just "sticking up for his teammates" in the MR game and had the late hit, Patterson wouldnt even shake hands.

The Bo Manor kid laid there injured for a while, is he okay? The cheap shot was far more egregious than what he was retaliating for.
I said I don't condone what he did.

You said "I don't condone it...but."

That's why I brought up the Patterson/Alco thing. There were no buts allowed in that discussion. The Alco kid was called out on social media, even the Times-News writer called him out by name. Coach P went off on it, wouldn't shake hands....it was the most awful thing anyone ever witnessed.

Fast forward, a Ridge kid speared a defenseless player laying on the ground helmet to helmet, causing him injury...up 57-0 with the starting QB still in the game. And there's a "but"?...No buts. The video is pretty bad to watch. The response just seemed hypocritical.

Jmo

I have no control over what a Times News writer puts in the paper. I would never call out a kid on social media either for something that happened in a football game. Also, I did not agree with Ridge not lining up and shaking hands at the end of the ALCO game. Sorry if my response sounded hypocritical.

I had no idea that Mountain Ridge did not lineup to shake hands with Alco. Sounds like the coaches are part of the sissy woke movement🤣 even more reason the root against them in the Fort Hill championship game.

Mountain Ridge left the field and did not shake hands with Alco because of a play earlier in the game. Wasn’t the blindside block that was called out in the Times News the week before against Boonsboro. The Boonsboro coaches and players handled it very well at the time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT