ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Hill/Keyser

Seasoned Lettuce

All State Poster
Jul 28, 2015
Should be a good one. Keyser's going to bring their A Game and Fort Hill looked fantastic last night. Thoughts?

Both teams have size and speed. Should be a dandy match up. Keyser is a bit untested as of yet. Fort Hill passed last nights test with an A+.

Fort Hill 35
Keyser 21

Watched the Keyser-University scrimmage a week or so before their season started. The FH-Keyser game will be interesting.

Watched the Keyser-University scrimmage a week or so before their season started. The FH-Keyser game will be interesting.
How did that Scrimmage Turnout?
I know John Marshall handled University in week 1 WV and then Ridge Beat John Marshall.

My Prediction is FH 41 Keyser 13

Keyser and University looked less than on their A-Game. Keyser had several penalties and had difficulty moving the ball from the start. They did break a long one. Their defense did well against University. Can't say if they looked that good or University looked that bad. Over the two Keyser was the better team that day. As usual the passing game was off and many of the passes were floated in the direction of their receivers.

Keyser should put up a sign in their locker room: "Contain the run or we're done." Bottom line, if you can't make FH pass they will run it up your... (Well, you get the idea). Are the Keyser 'Big Uglies' big, or just ugly (that's a joke folks). Keyser only returns one of their running backs from last year. That big line of theirs should really be able to pass block. Too bad they don't have a pitch and catch tandem. I don't know if FH will run away with this one but Red should score enough for a win.

FH will win big 49 - 7, Keyser may score 13. Against FH stop the run and throw the ball Keyser can't do either

Keyser 35-24... I fear it's going to be a flash back to the game that happened 3 years ago up in Keyser. That was a heart breaker

Last edited:
Keyser has a lot of weapons on offence, my concern right now is the defence. So far their defence has not been tested. It remains to be seen if they can slow down a team with Fort Hills weapons. They return the fullback and two other backs that got a good many carries last year. I believe this one will be a hard hitting and tough game.

Keyser has a lot of weapons on offence, my concern right now is the defence. So far their defence has not been tested. It remains to be seen if they can slow down a team with Fort Hills weapons. They return the fullback and two other backs that got a good many carries last year. I believe this one will be a hard hitting and tough game.

Interesting, I thought I read that the only returning starter in the backfield was Cody Rodeheaver.

I would love to attend this game as a fan. I wish it was on Saturday for selfish reasons as I will be @Hedgesville on Friday night.

Should be a great night for football!!!! Greenway will be rockin! Temp falling through the 70's and two quality teams crackin the pads. This game could be an offensive shoot out, weapons aplenty on both teams.

I usually do not predict but I see a close first half but then Fort Hill taking over. Keyser never seems to be conditioned to play 4 qtrs and if the temp is in the 70s that favors FH. FH 35-Keyser 14

I know Wags. One could rant and rave about their fans or their ref's as well but they don't see it that way. In the end who cares, it's Keyser.

And I really don't believe in the whole refs thing here or there. Maybe a tad. But outside of that the officiating is pretty good on either side.

In a one score game, late in the 4th quarter or at the half - maybe you could blame it on the refs. Otherwise, the better team wins. I don't see it any other way.

Nowadays everyone has film. Any bias by officials could be easily detected. There will always be calls that could go either way, and I think those are the ones people feel they are slighted over. Pro sports have what should be the best officials, and definitely have the best video equipment. Even with the luxury of seeing replays over and over, fans of opposing teams differ on the proper call!!!!

As I eluded to before on this topic in another thread, MCSoccerplex did a ridiculous amount of research through quite a few years of history on games at Greenway - and found that not only was there a significant lack of evidence showing any lopsidedness in officiating to favor FH, more often than not Fort Hill had more penalty yards. It was a really cool breakdown.

Having said that, I thought the officiating at Clearfield last week was fantastic. Very few calls either way, surprisingly few procedure and motion calls for being the first game of the season and two motion oriented teams.

Not to belabor the point, and I know FH fans, especially the old guard, like to bitch about officiating - but Keyser takes it to a new level. Can't remember if I mentioned this last year, but one of the Keyser fans turned around to the radio guys from ESPN radio who were in the booth behind the home stands..and accused them of relaying the play by play to the Fort Hill PLAYERS on the field!

A) inferring that the radio guys would be that crazy to agree to it and b) inferring that the FH players had HEADSETS in their helmets. Yeah, they take paranoia to a whole new level.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
After that BS horrendous officitiating I saw up at Keyser last year in the Fh-Keyser game, I don't want to hear about home field advantage!

Fort Hill 28-keyser 13. It will be close until middle of the third and FH will pull away.

Wow! I like your confidence. Just curious......in what ways do you expect Keyser will score TDs in the first half and how many do you think they will score in the first half?

No confidence about it, more like fear and trying to except that FH is not the better team this year.

28-17 first half score. FH's gonna get use out of their kicker more this year

I hope I'm wrong, and FH dominates. It would make me feel a lot better about the rest of the year. It was a long drive home from Keyser 3 years ago...

FH will be fine. Don't second guess these kids. Keyser don't know what they have and they certainly don't know what FH has.

I just don't know how Keyser is going to score 4 TDs in the first half with no passing attack.

First let me wish that we have good games all around and that they are free of both injuries and controversy. Without CR's big quarterback Alco should run all over the young Chestnut Ridge team. As for FH/Keyser I see a similar game as last year. Both teams are built the same as last year with the same strengths and weaknesses. Since this is a FH home game I see them pulling this one out but I do not think Keyser will wear down at all. If Brown does not get at least 8 or more carries, then I figure Keyser will win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT