ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Hill JV football

Tony54

All State Poster
Nov 17, 2018
This may be a silly question, but do any of the sophomores on the varsity roster get to play in the game last night against Catoctin?

This may be a silly question, but do any of the sophomores on the varsity roster get to play in the game last night against Catoctin?
No. There are 10 sophomores on varsity. If they play in the JV game during the week, they cannot play varsity on the weekend.

Also, FH freshman team won at Hedgesville last night 24-8. None of the 9th graders got moved up in order to keep the numbers balanced. They have a solid defensive lineman who should be on varsity next season (#51). Was unblockable.

Allegany moved a few up, I’m not sure if the number. 1 doesn’t play varsity, why not let them get playing experience and develop on the jayvee team rather than stand on the sidelines at a varsity game. I’m sure there is reasoning for it and maybe they will move him down when the couple injured players come back. They put him in against Holidaysburg in the fourth qtr when the game was in hand.

No. There are 10 sophomores on varsity. If they play in the JV game during the week, they cannot play varsity on the weekend.

Also, FH freshman team won at Hedgesville last night 24-8. None of the 9th graders got moved up in order to keep the numbers balanced. They have a solid defensive lineman who should be on varsity next season (#51). Was unblockable.
Wow. That’s impressive. That sophomore class has got to be very stout. Freshman too.

Allegany moved a few up, I’m not sure if the number. 1 doesn’t play varsity, why not let them get playing experience and develop on the jayvee team rather than stand on the sidelines at a varsity game. I’m sure there is reasoning for it and maybe they will move him down when the couple injured players come back. They put him in against Holidaysburg in the fourth qtr when the game was in hand.
Last year FH moved up about 5 linemen who never got in the game. But they needed them to practice against. They literally had no linemen to practice against. Not sure if that is the case at Alco. But when we are all small school that is sometimes a bummer necessity.

However, my reply to that is...let the kid play in his JV game that day. Use him for practice the other days just so he can get his playing time. Although understandably that isn't so easy with chemistry.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
would those kids have been better off going against the likes of Hess, sines, and vanmeter all season or playing in a JV game? I feel like last year would’ve been the exception to where practice was more useful than games would’ve been plus they got to see a good deal of playing time on varsity.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
would those kids have been better off going against the likes of Hess, sines, and vanmeter all season or playing in a JV game? I feel like last year would’ve been the exception to where practice was more useful than games would’ve been plus they got to see a good deal of playing time on varsity.
You are still dealing with kids. They like to have the opportunity to play in a game once a week. Practicing everyday and never getting in a game isn't fun. I've been there. It sucked.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT