ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Hill is A Year Away

FH will lose 4 offensive lineman and the two best lineman in 1A with one ending his career with possibly 3 state title rings. I would rank him as one of the best FH lineman ever. As you can tell I'm a big fan of number 53. He would dominate in any era. I'd like to see number 54 move on to the next level. I believe his best football is in front of him. You just don't see that kind of size and length coming out of western Md. very often.

They will also lose their best run stopper on defense. I know its only 1A and when you do not have to start, who I would consider one the best defensive linemen in 1A, that should tell you something. I have always said that running backs are a dime a dozen but good linemen are hard to find. I believe that getting away from the 5 foot something and hundred and something pound lineman has been the key to FH success these past years.

Does FH have a lot of size coming up next year? I look at the current roster and they have one lineman just over 6 foot tall. I believe with Boonsboro only losing 4 players and FH having all of their skill players coming back will meet to determine the west region champion in 2016.

The heyday of MD football has passed us by, which I believed peaked, when Urbana HS busted on the scene. I think you will continue to see the quality of play diminish as more and more Maryland families continue to migrate to PA, WV and Virginia. This is one persons opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT