ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Hill Freshmen Games

PowerRamRight

All Region Poster
Oct 25, 2017
Todd. Noticed two freshmen games popped up on the schedule on FHFootball.net in October. Please tell us how that came about. Thanks.

Reactions: Tony54
With aproximately 50 players on the FH JV team this year, it's impossible to get them all into the game. That doesnt even count the 7-8 JV players who are currently moved up to varsity. We are talking a 4th string unit. So coaches thought it best to try and get these players some playing time and development. Hence, there are now two freshman games listed. More may be on the way. The FH JV will split into two teams on those weeks. I don't think it's all freshmen but more Team A and Team B. Don't quote me on that however.

I definitely support the premise of this move...to let kids play in games.

With aproximately 50 players on the FH JV team this year, it's impossible to get them all into the game. That doesnt even count the 7-8 JV players who are currently moved up to varsity. We are talking a 4th string unit. So coaches thought it best to try and get these players some playing time and development. Hence, there are now two freshman games listed. More may be on the way. The FH JV will split into two teams on those weeks. I don't think it's all freshmen but more Team A and Team B. Don't quote me on that however.

I definitely support the premise of this move...to let kids play in games.
Yeah, I wondered if any school say within 50 miles of Cumberland even have freshman teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT