Fort Hill Excuses

BrianH1974

Blue Chip Poster
May 2, 2005
14 penalties (refs did suck)
2 lost fumbles
2 big time starters lost early in the game
Yea that will end streaks

Reverse that equation and FH wins by 2-3 touchdowns.

No crying here. Move on and get better.

That is crying, hope the players on that team don't think like that. football is a team sport. When one player goes down, it's next man up. How about reverse it the the other way, if Keyser would executed this or that better , or didn't do this or that! they could have won by 2 or 3 Td's. A loss is a loss, last nights game didn't decide how good this Fort hill team is, that will be decided in how they respond to it the rest of the year. Just my opinion, it don't mean much.

A loss is a loss. FH needed to play a perfect game against a good Keyser team. FH is still a very good team. In 1a football it is very difficult to endure injuries. Especially key positions and multiple injuries. Hats off to Keyser. I won't say anything else on the topic because my goal is not to demean the win for them. Unfortunately my theory with injuries and 1a football continuously proves it holds some truth.

wasn't Keyser playing with their backup QB? I could be wrong... Keyser played better & won. Don't cut on the coaches after winning TWO STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS, and fumbles & injuries happen ALL the time. It's part of the game... I'd be willing to bet if all the penalties were evaluated to be "good call / bad call" 90% were the right call. It's certainly different 50 yrds away in the stands or even looking at it on TV.

Keyser big time speedster was injured and played with a bad limp probably at about 35 percent. Keyser made many mistakes and gave FH a td on that horrible punt attempt

Take away that horrible punt attempt put Keyser speedster at 100 percent put Keyser about 4 td up. Keyser scored 36 second half points what if they didn't get off to such a slow start they would have scored 70... Alco 38 Keyser 24. Don't worry Keyser will not sweep the city schools

A loss is a loss. FH needed to play a perfect game against a good Keyser team. FH is still a very good team. In 1a football it is very difficult to endure injuries. Especially key positions and multiple injuries. Hats off to Keyser. I won't say anything else on the topic because my goal is not to demean the win for them. Unfortunately my theory with injuries and 1a football continuously proves it holds some truth.

Yep! Injuries cannot be overcome in 1A. Look at the drop off on defense. Another way to look at it is the fact that FH scored 41 points. That is almost always more than enough to win any football game. But they gave up 48, proving they could not stop Keyser (certainly explains the onside kick).

Keyser played their tales off. The game was very capable of being won by FH. It is what it is. These kids finally have that streak monkey they inherited off their shoulders. We will improve and keep on trucking.

Keyser beats Alco by 21+

No one besides me gave Keyser any respect to score more than 21 against FH, and you all are making the same bold predictions against Alco...

Keyser's starting line are all SR's, and 250 lbs plus. Keyser is going all the way to state, only to come up short again

Brayden Brown posted 345 all-purpose yards against Keyser. That's insane considering everyone, including Keyser, knew who was getting the ball after Smith went down.

17 carries for 251 yards
3 receptions for 48 yards
2 kick returns for 10 yards
3 punt returns for 36 yards

I've told so many on here what injuries at the 1A level means and schedule difficulty. Not even sure why I go there any more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waggle Pass
Brayden Brown posted 345 all-purpose yards against Keyser. That's insane considering everyone, including Keyser, knew who was getting the ball after Smith went down.

17 carries for 251 yards
3 receptions for 48 yards
2 kick returns for 10 yards
3 punt returns for 36 yards

I've told so many on here what injuries at the 1A level means and schedule difficulty. Not even sure why I go there any more.

Amen. And as I have previously posted: put Brown in a glass case and bring him out only when necessary. If I were up 14 pts in a game I would have him gab some lumber. FH will go as far as Brown's legs will carry them.

Todd. You couldn't be more right. It falls on deaf ears in here though. Many of us agree and have preached the same thing.

No excuse's. Keyser made adjustments outplayed Fort Hill and out coached them. This is a good team wake up call that Fort Hill needed. I hope they can get back to basics and run the table now!

No excuse's. Keyser made adjustments outplayed Fort Hill and out coached them. This is a good team wake up call that Fort Hill needed. I hope they can get back to basics and run the table now!

The more I think on it, 'no excuses' sounds like the label on a pair of feminine jeans.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT