ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Hill and Allegany TV & streaming info

Commercial Video

Varsity Poster
Sep 26, 2008
Continuing a long-standing tradition, Commercial Video will be broadcasting and streaming Fort Hill and Allegany home games. The TV broadcast can be seen on Atlantic Broadband channel 20 and digital 82.2. The stream location will be accessible from our website Commercialvideoservices.com link: https://commercialvideoservices.com. Games are broadcast and streamed 3hours after kick-off time. Games are re-broadcast on Atlantic Broadband again on a week night. Friday games - Tuesday night at 7pm and Saturday games - Wednesday night at 7pm.

Good news: I’m completing the upgrade of our production truck to full HD capability. Just about every piece of equipment used in our sports production is being replaced or upgraded. This should improve the image on Atlantic Broadband. Bear in mind that Channel 20 is still a SD channel but what I send to them will be higher quality. The stream will be HD and now DVDs of games will be available in regular DVD or Blue Ray.

I hear and read different things from people that just don’t know what they are talking about, so let me clear things up (again). All of our other production work that we do here at Commercial Video has been HD for years. Yes, we live stream. Yes, we have a TV studio in our building. Sports production is just a small part of what we do here.

Some folks may wonder why it took so long to upgrade our sports production to HD. Simply put, Atlantic Broadband has us on a SD channel. The cost vs. benifit for me to upgrade a live truck to HD that is only used 3 months out of the year for football, funded by marginal ad revenue, has not made sense. That said, I am aware of the lack of quality on channel 20 and this is my best effort to improve things on my end.

Last edited:
I remember the days when Frankfort, BW, and Allegany College basketball were all on Channel 20 as well, i suppose the ad revenue just doesn't justify broadcasting those other games any longer as it is a huge time commitment to record, edit, and upload these things. We certainly appreciate all of your efforts to keep the service going and making it as top notch as technologically and financially feasible.

Although I'm not an ABB subscriber and haven't been for years, all that you've done over time is truly appreciated. I do watch the games (again) online. Thank you for that, and for the upgrades you have made to your equipment. A true ambassador to this football community!

Hi, Greg This is great news! Looking forward to seeing the updated quality in the DVD I will buy from you later this year. The games are a great way for people like me to keep in touch with things in Cumberland. Jim

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT