ADVERTISEMENT

FH vs Hollidaysburg, my thoughts

Bleedred4life

Junior Varsity Poster
Aug 12, 2022
At the start of the season, I thought that Hollidaysburg would beat Fort Hill. They appear to be loaded this year. Their lines are huge, they have a very good QB that can throw or run the ball, and they have kids that can catch. And let's be honest, they are the poster child for "slober-knocker" football. They come out and hit people. (There's a reason that only two teams in this area will play them.) At that time, I didn't think that Fort Hill's younger, smaller athletes could match up well against them. The FH coaches are again working their magic. This game is going to be interesting with line play dictating the way the game is going to play out. I think that the line is improving weekly. In the end, I feel that Fort Hill team speed will win out on both sides of the ball. The line will hold up, they have to stay focused and realize that they aren't going to win every down, but they need to win most of them. Then the skill kids will take charge. In the end, I think that we'll see a Fort Hill win in the end.

I agree Holidaysburg has good school and community support and plays good hard nose football. I don’t think Holidaysburg played much competition yet this season. Allegany played horrible against them and was down 14-0 at the half. The half was fairly even except the score, Total yardage in the half between both teams was fairly even. I think FH wins by at least a couple touchdowns.

I know records of teams played aren't everything but Hollidaysburg only has one win against a team with a winning record (Taylor Allderdice). And three of those other wins came against teams with no wins.

I'm thinking FH wins this one by several TDs.

Line play will be important. On defense, I think that Fort Hill will take advantage of putting pressure on the QB with the D Ends. Hollidaysburg tackles tend to identify their blocks and then drop their heads when they get into their stances. This can be an advantage for FH as they don't have very good feet. I'm also interested in seeing if Hollidaysburg will continue with three down linemen on D as well. I think that this helps FH's blocking schemes.

Holidaysburg 24
FH 14

FH is just too one-dimensional. It will be similar to the game with Dunbar. Hope I'm wrong.

14-0 Sentinels midway through the 2nd qtr. Fort Hill has controlled the clock so far. Looking at a 4th and 1 situation on their side of the field. Time out. 3:18 left in the half.

Two scores negates by holds. Ugh!

Yet…

Castle hits a wide open receiver on play action. Extra point blocked:

20-0 Sentinels.

These guys at Hollidaysburg are good up front. A holding call sets them back. Failed pass. 4th and 13th. They’re going to punt it away.

Sentinels take over at their 17.

3:52 in the 3rd

Hollidayburg blocks the FH punt for a TD
20-7 FH

Sentinels not moving the ball in the ground well currently.

1:33 left in the 3rd

End of 3.
20-7 FH

Sentinels in Golden Tigers territory thanks to a 15 yd facemask following a 14 yd Daniels run.

Daniels breaks lose on a 46 yd TD run!

Extra pt bad snap? Fake for a 2 pt? Didn’t work either way.

26-7. FH

11:11 left

Reactions: Dwj21
I can't believe all the tackles that H'burg players are just breaking and running thru. Is it just poor tackling or is the defense just getting tired? The option seems to be confusing FH also.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT